It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another stray..this time a puppy!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: blend57

Can't help it..they come to me, I don't seek them out.

Yep , heard that before ... three times.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Pitties are phenomenal dogs. If its a staffordshire, or great dane, again, phenenomenal dogs.

Matter of fact, all dogs are phenomenal. I just love dogs.

Dogs.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 09:57 AM
link   
He looks more like a Staffshire Terrior/ or pit and Mastiff mix.
Especially f you're going to use the coat as an indicator, which really doesn't work, he looks a hell of a lot like my little Argo, who's a Cane Corso (Itilian Mastiff)

ETA:

edit on 12 20 2016 by MDpvc because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 10:00 AM
link   
gortex

Well..maybe cuz it's true! and it's 5 days before Christmas..and you can't leave him suffer in the cold, he's just a puppy that's missing his family and already sad about being lost and lonely and... and... he has no opposable thumbs!

I'm gonna take care of him at least until he can be placed back with his family (or forever!)..just the right thing to do..

MDpvc

So..he's gonna get big then?
edit on 20-12-2016 by blend57 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   

i've had smaller dogs for years, since i was a kid and we stopped with the brittany spaniel thing (parents divorced, and mom wasn't into pheasant hunting like dad, so i didn't have a bird dog).

But we got a larger breed earlier this year, a german shepherd/collie mix, and he's the bee's knees. I love holding him. Big old soft furry lovable dog. He was a shelter dog, so he likes the pets more than we like giving them.

I like the lap dogs. But Samby's big ass can pretend to be a lapdog from time to (groin crushing) time.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: [post=21666901]blend57
MDpvc

So..he's gonna get big then?

It's hard to tell until he matures more. IF he does have some mastiff in him, it would be either; English, Brizilian, Corso, Presa, I may be forgetting something.
Mine is just over 9 months and 95lb, in that first pic he was 6 months.
But he's clearly not pure bred. Staffshire Terriors get medium to somewhat large, Pits are tiny. No matter what the mix I highly doubt he'll get too big. ...depending on what you're definition of big is, that is.

ETA, again: He looks to be somewhere between 1-2 years old, probably right around 1.5. With a look at the teeth is becomes much easier to gauge the age.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   
What a little sweetheart - I'm guessing Staffordshire Bull Terrier, possibly a mix. I think he's got quite a bit of filling out to do, he's very thin, but his paws don't suggest he's going to get a lot bigger.

I think he looks as if he'll be a good, medium sized dog eventually. Have you tried playing fetch with him? An hour of that should knock him out and earn you some peace.

Oh, that little face on him, those types of dog are so expressive. Once you've seen the beauty of them you're just a goner

I lost track of Not My Dog, if you don't mind me asking, did you keep her?

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Merry Christmas Blend. The world would be a much better place with more people like you. Pup looks to have some pit and boxer blood to me. Good mix.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 11:17 AM
link   
berenike , calwoodbutcher

I'm sorry I didn't update you on Not My Dog.. I know I did notify a few through PM after the thread. I didn't get to keep him. The owner came and got him a few days after my ten days were up. It was pretty upsetting for me, but I'm glad he found his way back home..

Taking this new dog to the vet tomorrow to see if it's chipped and what not. Maybe they will know who the owner is. Hopefully we can get him back home before Christmas. He just showed up yesterday and I've played a bit with him indoors but haven't had him outside for a long period of time yet.

So he will be a medium sized dog. I used to own a Great Dane, she was a big dog for me. My rotty is a medium sized dog..so I'm assuming this one will be about the same size as Kali (my rotty)

Thanks for the info,

blend57

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

OMG, that dog is beautiful, but HUGE!!!!!!! And you have two?

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 11:59 AM
link   

If he has a collar, he must have a home somewhere, unless someone decided they didn't really want him which would be cruel, but it happens. Hope he finds his home if he has one and if not, I'm glad he found you!

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   

He's a brindle Staffordshire/Pitbull terrier blend. Here, we call them "pocket Pitties", because they're on the small side...typically no more than 50lbs. full grown, so you get the Pittie "look" and personality without having a giant 100lb. behemoth. Awesome dogs. All pitbull mixes are.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Update:

I'll be taking him to the vet today at 3 p.m. to see if he is chipped. I called the humane society and they have no room for him until at least the first of the year (last option). The vet has a adoption program, but, I have to wait and see what their availability is. (if they have room)

Can't keep him myself..I wanted to, but I can't...I may be able to host him until they find him a home. He is an indoor dog, and knows basic commands(sit,stay, etc) and looks to be potty trained.

I'll post more after the Vet visit. Not gonna send him to the pound though..that is not even an option for me..so, we'll see what happens..things always seem to work out..

Thanks,
blend57

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   

If only I was in a position to take him in I'd be over like a shot, it's shredding my heart to look at him and think he was lost or unwanted.

Thank goodness he found his way to you.

Don't they have such an unfair advantage when they can look like that

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   
berenike

Ok..so, The vet put him into their home placing program. I'm fostering him until he gets a family.. He does really, really well in the car..was very surprised about that..

He has no pit bull in him..Vet says he is simply a mix of many dogs..not one really dominate. weighs 35 pounds and won't get any larger .. has his full set of adult teeth..so is about a year old.

No major health issues..a slight ear infection that she gave him medicine for and she also gave him some flea medicine . (he doesn't have fleas, but she said just in case to use it)

Now I gotta decide if I want to get him neutered or not...dunno if it is proper to do such a thing when you are just fostering a dog.

If I could keep him I would..who knows, it just may turn out that way.. some things you really don't get a say in sometimes..lol

Thanks,
blend57

and I named him Sirius.... Sir for short
and he is not chipped..
edit on 21-12-2016 by blend57 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join