It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DAMN...it's COLD out there!!!!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 02:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: HomerinNC
I remember being stationed in Alaska back in the 90's
It would be about -50 this time of year, I can tell ya some stories about the winter there lol

I was in Afghanistan during the polar vortex in 2013. It's times like this I wish I was in a Middle Eastern desert.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 04:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: pirhanna

originally posted by: tigertatzen
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

It's going to drop to 25° F tonight...in San Antonio. 😨😨😨

My phone is telling me 22 tonight in south Austin. The end of the world is nigh. Haha.

Eeek! What is going on here....this is Texas, people. What is this "winter" stuff?? We're used to experiencing summer, spring and second summer, all in one day. Now we've got consistent weather and it's got to be winter. Somebody needs to call Antarctica and tell them to come get their climate...we don't want it.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 04:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: overanocean
went from 29 to 75 and back down to 35 on the mid atlantic coast , not to be a harbinger of doom , but something strange , at least from my memory , is happening to our planet.

Oh, it's definitely strange. No doubt about that. Everyone around here keeps talking about how bizarre this is.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 04:57 AM
link   
I was stationed in Malaysia for a couple years. I don't think the temp ever dropped below about 90 degrees F (and the humidity was always in the 95% range). It was like living inside a zip-lock bag! I never got used to it...not even close! Even the rain was hot when it would rain (which was a LOT!).

I'll take the cold any day compared to heat like that. We used to joke that you couldn't walk from the clubhouse to the 1st tee (on the golf course) without your golf glove getting soaking wet, and it was true! Nothing ever really dried out...you just lived in a constant state of moist-ness. Of course working 50 miles out in the jungle didn't help matters much.

Heh, I remember once the temp dropped to about 88 degrees and people were running around in heavy winter coats!! It was frickin' hilarious; people talking about "can you believe how FREEZING COLD it is today?????" LOL!

It wasn't uncommon to jump into my truck and see the inside thermometer read 80C (176F). I'd sit in there for a minute while it was cooling down and then jump outside and it would actually feel "cool" for a second in 95F degree weather!

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 05:00 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn
I got 2 words for you:
ICE FOG

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 05:35 AM
link   
a reply to: HomerinNC

Guess I'm lucky I don't have to worry about getting a hit of that pogonip.

3 degress is fine by me, no humidity or clouds or wind today, will be a fine day.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 07:26 AM
link   
It's cold here, too, but not as cold as it is where you are. I hate the cold. Make sure you bundle up. You don't want to lose any body parts.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I'm kinda surprised you don't have one of these.

www.b17.com...

The Brass Monkey Freeze Indicator

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   

You know, I don't really mind the cold so much. What I mind is those who can't take it.

Yeah, all those folks getting frostbite and dying of hypothermia are a real pain in the butt, eh?

Maybe we could discuss this further... I think I'm free next August if you want to come to Arizona and chat...

What's that? NO??? I didn't think so.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: HomerinNC
I got 2 words for you: ICE FOG

You've almost got to see it to really believe it's not some sort of parlor trick.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl
Yup, you pulled over til it lifted or you were SCREWED! You couldnt see the front of your car!!

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   
It was about -10 last night in Chicago. I went out to shovel snow. Because the past few winters have been relatively mild, I didn't have a hat or gloves. I nearly got frostbite after about five minutes of shoveling snow. My fingers were frozen stiff. Hurt like a mofo.

Just placed an order for some new gloves and skull cap.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: HomerinNC

I actually saw ice fog once in Fernley, NV of all places. I was working at the Amazon warehouse at the time. I didn't know what it was until I got home and looked it up.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 07:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

That's not what I meant, and you know it!

Just take a gander at the weather reports...you'd think it was the Apocalypse!

ETA...oh, thanks for the invite to AZ in August, but you're right; I think I'll pass! I'll even admit; I "whine" about the heat.

edit on 12/20/2016 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 07:02 AM
link   

We get that stuff quite a bit here. Just lays there like a blanket on the ground. You can be driving along and all of a sudden you're in it...and totally blind. It's pretty spooky when that happens.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 01:00 AM
link   
I'm in the frost geten bit. No water or power. #ty flashlights only last 3 hour's .
My phone is about I die.
I'm staying with two veterans . The have no water or power
Can an RV be hooked upon a 3200running wat.
4000 top peak wat gas generator.
Please
Their old and sick
I bought the generator
Will this work?
I'm running out of time
My e mail
[email protected]
edit on 21-12-2016 by Zipit because: Helpe through the cold I'm freezing

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 01:02 AM
link   

I learned to appreciate heat.

Then I learned to hate humidity when I was stationed in Fort Riley, Kansas. 80% humidity in the winter sucks really bad.
edit on 21 12 16 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 02:20 AM
link   

I learned to appreciate heat.

You might like these temperatures then . Nice and toasty for christmas . 40c = 104f

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 02:30 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

Only if its desert heat. Heat/humidity kills me. There's a reason I live in Nevada.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join