It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DAMN...it's COLD out there!!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire

originally posted by: Illumimasontruth

originally posted by: DAVID64
a reply to: Illumimasontruth

What county are you in? I'm in Clark.
I'm currently in Woodford County for rest of this year, -7 actual temp. The whole region is real cold! Kudos to the county though, they are picking up all pets found outside. And hopefully any homeless folks as well.

I'm also in Woodford haha small world.

It's awful out there. Got myself a nasty serving of the flu after being outside for a few days lol.
Hope you get better fast, I never get sick and caught a nasty 2 day bug right after getting back from 70's/80's in N Texas. Stay in if you can and enjoy some hot drinks. Maybe an ole fashioned Hot Totti. Good for the soul, if nothing else!

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

It's going to drop to 25° F tonight...in San Antonio. 😨😨😨

My phone is telling me 22 tonight in south Austin. The end of the world is nigh. Haha.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 09:18 PM
link   
It was so cold...
roosters were rushing into Kentucky Fried Chicken and begging to use the pressure cooker!

It was so cold . . .
kids were using a new excuse to stay up late: "But Mom, my pajamas haven't thawed out yet!"

It was so cold . . .
I chipped a tooth on my soup!

A million of them. . .
www.athropolis.com...

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 09:23 PM
link   
-2 in Detroit tonight. I do a lot of ice fishing but when it gets under 5* f I stay home. I don't mind the cold much I smoke outside. Any colder then -15 is unbearable.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Cheddarhead

Used to live in kenosha, heard it's cold down there. --30 with the wind up here in the north end.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 09:35 PM
link   
3 right now, heading for -8 by morning.

Unusual for this time of year.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 09:39 PM
link   

It's funny how southerners can't handle the extreme cold up north and the northerners can't handle the extreme heat down south. It just goes to show how our bodies acclimate to the climate depending upon where we live. 72-75 degrees is the perfect temperature for me. Temperatures 10 degrees and below 0, a hat, gloves and warm winter coat is a must.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 10:45 PM
link   
went from 29 to 75 and back down to 35 on the mid atlantic coast , not to be a harbinger of doom , but something strange , at least from my memory , is happening to our planet.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 10:59 PM
link   
We renamed our town to fknburr kansas.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 11:34 PM
link   
It's been cold here for two weeks, supposed to warm up this week. Had enough of it!

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 11:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: overanocean
went from 29 to 75 and back down to 35 on the mid atlantic coast , not to be a harbinger of doom , but something strange , at least from my memory , is happening to our planet.

I dunno, this seems to go in cycles. Warm winters , then ones where you freeze your ass off. It's been worse. Same with the summers. Cycles .

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 11:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
It was so cold...
roosters were rushing into Kentucky Fried Chicken and begging to use the pressure cooker!

It was so cold . . .
kids were using a new excuse to stay up late: "But Mom, my pajamas haven't thawed out yet!"

It was so cold . . .
I chipped a tooth on my soup!

A million of them. . .
www.athropolis.com...

It's so cold in my house a polar bear just walked past me

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 11:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
You know, I don't really mind the cold so much. What I mind is those who can't take it.

I love the cold. I spent the majority of my life in PA, so I know all about it. I used to go out shoveling snow in shorts and a tshirt. It felt so good.
And then I moved to Florida to go to this one college... People down here will literally whine and complain that it's "freezing cold" when the temperature so much as dips a degree below 80. I'm not even lying.
I can't wait to get the hell away from this entire god-forsaken state.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 12:04 AM
link   
a reply to: violet

It's so cold in my house a polar bear just walked past me

So cold I saw a politician with his hands in his own pockets.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Thermal socks and vests will sort out anyone struggling with the cold.

I couldn't recommend them highly enough. They work indoors or out.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 12:55 AM
link   
About 10* here so far tonight. The last time I checked the forecast, I think they expected a low of around 3* or so. It's been bouncing between 10 and 20 for a high since last week, those mid to upper 30s forecast for the next week are going to feel like a heatwave, lol.

originally posted by: WeRpeons

It's funny how southerners can't handle the extreme cold up north and the northerners can't handle the extreme heat down south. It just goes to show how our bodies acclimate to the climate depending upon where we live. 72-75 degrees is the perfect temperature for me. Temperatures 10 degrees and below 0, a hat, gloves and warm winter coat is a must.

Hey, we might be the odd ones out of the bunch, but don't forget us posters who grew up in our respective native climates, and never acclimated to them! It's not entirely bodily acclimation so much as it is also what you were built for or hardwired for, so to speak, time to acclimate will never help some in their native climates if they were never wired for it in the first place. It was obvious early on growing up in FL that I was not built for that kind of horrible heat & humidity, I'm much happier & more energetic now up in here in the GL north

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 01:45 AM
link   
I remember being stationed in Alaska back in the 90's
It would be about -50 this time of year, I can tell ya some stories about the winter there lol

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 02:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: HomerinNC
It would be about -50 this time of year, I can tell ya some stories about the winter there lol

Fort Greely. Mighty cold. No desire to ever see that place again in Winter.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Here in the antipodes we are expecting 41 degrees Celsius tomorrow, or 105.8 F in your units of measurement.
edit on 19-12-2016 by cuckooold because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 02:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

originally posted by: HomerinNC

Fort Greely. Mighty cold. No desire to ever see that place again in Winter.

Ft Wainwright here, HHC 4/123d AVN

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join