It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DAMN...it's COLD out there!!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I'm not looking for sympathy, but damn, it's COLD out there!!

I just went out to feed and water the cows. It's -17F below zero. WOW!

I had to try to get the tractor started, and it took a while...the cows, they came in. Man, it's COLD!

You know, I don't really mind the cold so much. What I mind is those who can't take it.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

I know how ya feel!
One of my daughter's friends had car trouble, so I was out today fixing it....at -10. Right now, it's -7 and I'm not goin' out! Well...until the dogs need to pee anyway.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Definitely freezing out!

Up on the mountain we have two feet of standing snow already.Friday the wind chill was in the -20s f !!

It's so cold my delanea agapita starts limping around when she's outside to go make...

But!

On the plus side I only have to put my beer on the window sill for about a minute before it's "Ice chip cold" !

~meathead

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Forgive me for posting as where I am it would likely be a walk in the park for an outdoorsman like you.

So yes, I was panicking for a time down here in N Tx expecting this cool down as my heat went out last sunday and tomorrow (Monday...8 days after it went out) they will know when they can get the circuit board to replace it. Was really concerned about the coming weather til I stepped back and recalled how we managed with one space heater in a house even in the Tx panhandle in winter.

I have a couple space heaters and it is not a problem. Course we only got down to about 16 last night and will be 15 tonight. These space heaters, while not like the old gas ones do a decent job for this little old lady.

I have gotten spoiled and just had to take the time to think it through. Gosh it beats staying with my kids for the weekend. That would have really made me whine.

Growing old gracefully sometimes, not so gracefully other times

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   

It's going to drop to 25° F tonight...in San Antonio. 😨😨😨

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Reno, NV is looking at 11 F degrees tonight.

Should be fun.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I hear ya OP. So cold in Central IL I went out for a smoke and "Joey" pulled up his "Turtle neck."

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 07:50 PM
link   
was negative 21 in Flathead valley last night ,way too cold for the dog so had to bundle him up in his sweater he hates and the boots he hates even more but its better then him having an accident in the house ya know? least we have power still so not likely to actually die

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 07:58 PM
link   
It was nasty here too. Here's a screen s
hot of my weather warning this mornin.
edit on 12182016 by Natas0114 because: Because I goofed.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Warm here....about 24 degrees Celsius. Wearing shorts and tshirt but it's dull and overcast and drizzle rain. I get down when it's cloudy for 3 or more days.
Getting ready for bbqs fir xmas and swims at the beach sorry guys just thought I would gloat.
Have some hot cocoa with some chilli powder in it to warm you up.
hot cocoa.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Looking at low 40sC or 110F for Xmas Day.

Bugger the barbie! Prawns and Beer sounds the go this year.

P

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Here in "Hot Lanta" it "feels" like 25 . I know . Warm to some of you. But a little early for us. Our cold usually hits in February. At least it did prior to 2000

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Its a sunny 31c morning here .
Having coffee in my garden watching the humming birds .

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Yep, I feel your pain brother. We Kentuckians aren't used to temps in the teens, much less wind chill below zero. We had rain last night then the temp went from the 70s during the day to the low 20s by morning. I brought in about a third of woodpile on the porch so I didn't have to break up a frozen mass this morning. The cats did go outside today but the record was three minutes outdoors and they were back yelling to be let indoors.
I stepped outside long enough to hang a suet cake for the birds and fill the feeder....then spent 10 minutes in front of the fireplace getting warmed up again. It was a great comfort to hear the generator kick on this afternoon for its weekly run to recharge the battery. Even though the ice, snow and sleet missed us this time, it's a comfort to know that if we lose power from the grid, we'll still be able to have electricity.
I remember having to help tend to the cows during the winter when I was a kid. Chopping a hole in pond to give them water---man that was the part I hated. My Dad and uncle finally took pity on us (and the cows) and got one of those heat tape dohickies that wrapped around the water trough and kept the water from freezing.
We mumbled and grumbled about having to take care of the beasts but boy, did we ever enjoy the steaks and burgers that came from them!

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Bah.

It's good for ya.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 08:24 PM
link   
It's nasty cold for where I'm at too.

I don't think it got above 10 degrees F all day. I've been doing laundry in my garage which has no heat. Usually, even the worst winter weather it's bearable with a warm pullover and maybe some fuzzy socks over regular socks.

Today, that concrete floor sucked the life right out of you through your feet even with layers and sticking your hands into the washer to pull out wet clothing to either hang or move to the dryer sucked the life out of your hands.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Illumimasontruth

What county are you in? I'm in Clark.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   
It's -8 F right now in southern WI, - 15 expected overnight. I'm leaving the cupboard doors open under the kitchen sink tonight, so hopefully the pipes don't freeze. We've also had about 5 inches of snow since Friday, but snow can make a good insulator against the house.

The cold has caused in ice dam to form north of here on the Rock River, so we not only have a wind chill advisory in effect, we also have a flood warning for the area, too.

Strange times.
edit on 12/18/2016 by Cheddarhead because: Clarity

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

I'm currently in Woodford County for rest of this year, -7 actual temp. The whole region is real cold! Kudos to the county though, they are picking up all pets found outside. And hopefully any homeless folks as well.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Illumimasontruth

originally posted by: DAVID64

I'm currently in Woodford County for rest of this year, -7 actual temp. The whole region is real cold! Kudos to the county though, they are picking up all pets found outside. And hopefully any homeless folks as well.

I'm also in Woodford haha small world.

It's awful out there. Got myself a nasty serving of the flu after being outside for a few days lol.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join