It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leak reveals Tillerson is director of Bahamas based US-Russian Oil Company

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
Agree on HOAX or LOL....I have found more articles than I could post here from years ago about his being President of Neftegas in 1998 and nothing hiding his appointments.

I have owned ExxonMobil shares for some time, I was under the impression this was common knowledge since there have been releases on it for almost two decades.

While your post excerpt spoke in the past tense of Rex once being President of that subsidiary..It did not disclose that he was a current Director.

Could you please provide some excerpt that showed he remained Director of that entity until present day?

I guess you also did not read the OP source which clearly states a quote I made in a previous post on this very thread:

Though there is nothing untoward about this directorship, it has not been reported before and is likely to raise fresh questions over Tillerson’s relationship with Russia ahead of a potentially stormy confirmation hearing by the US senate foreign relations committee. Exxon said on Sunday that Tillerson was no longer a director after becoming the company’s CEO in 2006.

He is no longer Director and has not been so for at least 10 years....direct from OP source.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Stop being lazy and read the links. It clearly shows he was the director.
Here is another, this time with the SEC, on XOM's corporate filing for this subsidiary.

I will stop "being lazy" when you stop being .."confused?"...That again shows Neftegas's existence, but does not cite Rex Tiller's position as Director.

As the CEO he is on the board of every division and every subsidiary since that is in fact how corporations work. When you are the CEO you are in charge. That is kinda what the 'C' means in 'CEO'.

C stand for Chief...as in Chief EXECUTIVE Officer...Not sure how to help you here?

Maybe start with Wikipedia?

The CEO of a corporation or company typically reports to the board of directors and is charged with maximizing the value of the entity

Chief Executive Officer (CEO): As the top manager, the CEO is typically responsible for the entire operations of the corporation and reports directly to the chairman and board of directors

en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

Honestly...it is just weird this argument you are making that his being CEO automatically makes him a Director over an LLC partnered with Russia, sheltered in the Bahamas..

I ask again...since this is an LLC that very clearly would profit from Trump's intention to lift sanctions on Russia...

Did Rex Tillerson agree to "resign" his board seats...specifically this one, as well as retire from his executive roles at Exxon when he accepts the role as SOS?
edit on 19-12-2016 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Thanks for that.

I think Rex Tillerson should afford full transparency to congress during his nomination process to make sure he doesn't have vested interests that might "Trump" national interests.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Not for nothing...But Vasa Croe just answered my question about his present status (which I missed in the OP)

...while at the same time showing your strange claim that he is automatically a Director on the board since he is CEO as utter bunk...kind of just the opposite...Still curious where you came up with that ...misperception?

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   

I will stop "being lazy"...

I doubt it since I gave you a link from 2015, which, if you can do math, is about two years ago, that publically stated that Tillerson was the Director of Neftegas. Try reading it this time:

Rex Tillerson was appointed Chairman and CEO of Exxon Mobil in January 2006, guiding the company successfully through a tumultuous period for the industry and maintaining Exxon Mobil’s position as the largest private sector international oil company. He previously served in a variety of roles at Exxon Mobil, including executive vice president of Exxon Mobil Development Company. Joining the company in 1975, his positions also included president of Exxon Neftegas Limited, vice president of Exxon Ventures (CIS) and president of Exxon Yemen and Esso Exploration and Production Khorat. Source

C stand for Chief...as in Chief EXECUTIVE Officer...Not sure how to help you here?

And 'chief' means the top. Which he was.

Maybe start with Wikipedia?

Honestly...it is just weird this argument you are making that his being CEO automatically makes him a Director over an LLC partnered with Russia, sheltered in the Bahamas.

Holy sweet Jesus.
Did you even bother to notice that Tillerson is also Chairman of the Board as well as CEO? He runs EVERYTHING. E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G. That simplify it enough for you?

That is rhetorical because you did not even read any of the preceding links so why would you even bother to check any other facts prior to posting.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   

...while at the same time showing your strange claim that he is automatically a Director on the board since he is CEO as utter bunk...kind of just the opposite...Still curious where you came up with that ...misperception?

Because he is the Chairman of the Board of XOM which means he runs the whole show.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   
i've never seen so many excuses for any candidate. this is border line a cult following.

"Trump can never make any wrong move, and everyone he associates himself with are genuine and good people looking for the best interest of the people" , everyone who support Trump.

go Trump. i love it. its a great sign.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
i've never seen so many excuses for any candidate. this is border line a cult following.

"Trump can never make any wrong move, and everyone he associates himself with are genuine and good people looking for the best interest of the people" , everyone who support Trump.

Huh? Excuses being people told a lie and those that know what they are talking about pointing out the truth?

Great sign of the ignorance of the US citizens I'd say....anyone can spew out BS online and people will read a single paragraph, if at all, usually just the headline and believe it without actually reading it...

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

Who are you referring to? I did not vote for Trump.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Because he is the Chairman of the Board of XOM which means he runs the whole show.

You are slipping and sliding...by that new angle he would still be Director of Neftegas?...But according to Exxon he relinquished the Director position when he became CEO of Exxon 10 years ago???

Which is it??

Though there is nothing untoward about this directorship, it has not been reported before and is likely to raise fresh questions over Tillerson’s relationship with Russia ahead of a potentially stormy confirmation hearing by the US senate foreign relations committee. Exxon said on Sunday that Tillerson was no longer a director after becoming the company’s CEO in 2006.

edit on 19-12-2016 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   

You are slipping and sliding...by that new angle he would still be Director of Neftegas?

I said defacto director, just like he would be of every division and subsidiary since he is Chairman and CEO.

You know, they guy who runs things.

I like how the hoax aspect of this is now overlooked as you learn about corporate structure. Too funny.

edit on 19-12-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   

I don't think we can trust our backs to hypocrites. Hillary was destroyed to put the final nail in what was left our democracy.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

Jim jones would be envious

People's brains have fallen out in regard to Trump

This swamp is starting to look more like Dagobah instead of being drained

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

I don't think we can trust our backs to hypocrites. Hillary was destroyed to put the final nail in what was left our democracy.

Huh? So she was destroyed? I would say she did it all to herself....unfortunately for her, it was all aired.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: muse7

Heck, to me it looks like we can start cooperating with each other for once?

We need oil, they need oil. Problem solved?

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Wait til the Russians turn on your guy. This was never about Hillary. This was about Putin wanting American troops to fight the jihad started against him. His ambassador in Turkey was killed today. Trump will March to Putin's war tune.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: muse7

Tillerson will most likely lift those sanctions, because it benefits him and his Company. He has 245 million in exxon stock. Link

Bullsnip.

finance.yahoo.com...

TILLERSON REX W 2,466,350 Dec 9, 2015

Chalking this thread up to more 'FAKE NEWS'.

Which is based on nothing more than the value of the stock during any given day. At the mercy of market fluctuation.

And then there is the whole FACTCA.

www.irs.gov...

Not to mention the TAXES he pays on XOM dividends.

And the 'Bahamas' hasn't been a 'banking safe haven' since the 90s. under a CLinton.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I posted a thread over the human progression to a global corporate state, nobody paid attention, and now everyone is surprised when it smacks them in the face.

Ya'll a day late, and a dollar short.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Riffrafter

originally posted by: DickBrisket
It's Publicly Traded Company. G.W. Bush keeps his oil down there as well. It's called business. What a joke! a reply to: muse7

It's not his job as CEO of Exxon Mobil that is the problem. It is that he is on the board of directors for a completely separate company of Bahamian registry that is jointly owned by a US company - Exxon - and the Russian government.

Quote from the article:

"Rex Tillerson, the businessman nominated by Donald Trump to be the next US secretary of state, was the long-time director of a US-Russian oil firm based in the tax haven of the Bahamas, leaked documents show.

Tillerson – the chief executive of ExxonMobil – became a director of the oil company’s Russian subsidiary, Exxon Neftegas, in 1998. His name – RW Tillerson – appears next to other officers who are based at Houston, Texas; Moscow; and Sakhalin, in Russia’s far east."

It may be the way that business is conducted by oil companies, but there's no way this guy should be secretary of state after being on the board of a jointly owned US-Russian oil company.

Period.

There are many other good, well qualified candidates for the position of Secretary of State. Pick one of them and let's get on with running the country ffs...

Where does it say there that the Russian Government owns the second company in that joint ownership deal? It doesn't. It's says Exxon has a SUBSIDIARY, meaning it's owned by Exxon, but it's located in Russia. So this Bahamanian Registry just shows one company, The Parent ExxonMobil and the Subsidiary Exxon Neftegas.

I'm not seeing the leap in logic you made here.

And if you want people with real world experience, they are all going to come from professions with international dealings. You can't NOT have international dealings and then be experienced in international affairs.

Russia isn't an enemy, I don't know why everyone feels like they are still some big super bad guy. I don't think they've done a single thing worse than the United States has. How is annexing crimea worse than assassinating the president of Libya ripping out their government and installing our own?

I just don't even see how you can justify the US's actions but then cry foul when the second most famous super power country follows suit.

I don't condone these actions, but the US and Russia are going to continue doing these things regardless. Working WITH Russia smoothly instead of constantly against the grain will be a great Boon for both countries economically.

It's also by working WITH someone that you really can help shape their future. If you want to fix world politics, people gotta start being friendly and realizing there is no fundamental difference between people, we all want the same things, we just live in different geological locations.
edit on 19-12-2016 by SRPrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 10:54 PM
link   
" Leak reveals Tillerson is director of Bahamas based US-Russian Oil Company "

Thank God! Someone who can actually work with Russians. Maybe we won't go to war.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join