It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leak reveals Tillerson is director of Bahamas based US-Russian Oil Company

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 06:31 AM
link   
"If you're going to have an issue with anyone that has a connection to anyone else then should we go with the 6 degrees of separation theory? "

Is this theory only for Trumpsters? If the name were Clinton instead of Tillerson that would not be true.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 06:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
Do you really believe that everyone in government does not own any stocks?

Not only do they all own securities, it is perfectly legal for them to participate in insider trading which would get us private citizens a trip to a Federal penitentiary.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 06:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
"If you're going to have an issue with anyone that has a connection to anyone else then should we go with the 6 degrees of separation theory? "

Is this theory only for Trumpsters? If the name were Clinton instead of Tillerson that would not be true.

It has already been shown as far as a direct connection between HRC/Obama people and their Russian connection directly....not from 10 years ago.

But it's neat that you decide to pick and choose what parts of a response to reply to. Shows you either can't deny what I said or haven't researched it at all to confirm. Similar to those that don't read the source article from the OP and just go off knee jerk reaction to the carefully picked quote from the source provided.

Anywho...I have come to expect no level of knowledge or research or even the ability to read a source from what appears to be a small faction of lefty posters here on ATS. Once shown incorrect they just move on to another non-story with another carefully picked quote from another unreliable source...rinse and repeat.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 06:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Riffrafter

originally posted by: DickBrisket
It's Publicly Traded Company. G.W. Bush keeps his oil down there as well. It's called business. What a joke! a reply to: muse7

It's not his job as CEO of Exxon Mobil that is the problem. It is that he is on the board of directors for a completely separate company of Bahamian registry that is jointly owned by a US company - Exxon - and the Russian government.

Quote from the article:

"Rex Tillerson, the businessman nominated by Donald Trump to be the next US secretary of state, was the long-time director of a US-Russian oil firm based in the tax haven of the Bahamas, leaked documents show.

Tillerson – the chief executive of ExxonMobil – became a director of the oil company’s Russian subsidiary, Exxon Neftegas, in 1998. His name – RW Tillerson – appears next to other officers who are based at Houston, Texas; Moscow; and Sakhalin, in Russia’s far east."

It may be the way that business is conducted by oil companies, but there's no way this guy should be secretary of state after being on the board of a jointly owned US-Russian oil company.

Period.

There are many other good, well qualified candidates for the position of Secretary of State. Pick one of them and let's get on with running the country ffs...

Why not? Because you say so? Is there a legal requirement that we only appoint people who have never co owned a company with another country? Is it just because it is the liberal boogieman Russia? I seen no laws broken or even ethics. Just a lot of assumptions.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 07:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite
a reply to: muse7

This subsidiary is 20% owned by Russian companies, 20% owned by Indian (india) companies, 30% owned by US companies, and 30% owned by Japanese companies. That's 80% owned by non-russian companies. Just more false alarm red scare tactics.
Says who? Cite your source. It would be absolutely the definition of hypocrisy to say this is a conflict of interest because of the 20% Russian ownership, but not mention the conflict of interest with India. And my God, 30% with Japan? Well that is just the end of it, no? If 20% ownership is a conflict of interest with Russia than 30% is a much bigger conflict of interest with Japan.

The moment Tillman was announced his relationship with Russia was also announced by the media, so this could hardly change anything even if the company was 50% Russian owned. I remember Trump implying he would do deals with China, Mexico, and Russia. I don't remember saying he would treat them like cancer and give them cold shoulders at every opportunity.

It used to be that forming a relationship with enemies was a good way to end the hostility. Did any of the ATS liberals who don't follow politics at least see Game of Thrones where they wed off their sons or daughters to end hostilities? Apparently that idea has ended with LIBERAL(?!) American Exceptionalism. I never realized Russia was an "enemy" and and actually consider that Russia being an enemy to be a TOTAL JOKE by the elites played on their ignorant pawns and the surf class.

China and Russia are equally problems, and China may be the bigger "enemy" with their South China Sea invasion tactics. Yet is the left getting attacked with their generally cozy relationship with China? No, the left is not getting attacked at all for its relationship with China except for when Hillary sold classified materials to China (which is high treason). So, how does this make any sense that Trump is attacked for improved relationships with Russia. That is actually a GOOD THING, so no we don't look at Tillman's relationship with Russia as bad. Oh no, Russia could get an Exxon oil pipeline. Oh no! Oh no! Oh wait, I just remembered I don't give a damn. At all. But you know what I felt very uneasy for my personal security when Obama was considering shooting down Russian planes that were "going after terrorists". That actually I care about, not what Exxon does in Russia.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: fractal5
]Says who? Cite your source.

This is public information since ExxonMobil is publically traded.

edit on 19-12-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: Zazz 2020!

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

I don't accept the bullying concept that I should be happy with one crook over another. Mr Trump is entertaining and profiting from foreign governments and corporations as we speak. And I suppose none of them are pedophiles. Mr Tillerson is just another globalists with even more power now. And after these crooks implement their tax plan, get ready for another recession, same old cycle.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

Do you really believe that everyone in government does not own any stocks? This is not a new Trump thing.

Being on the board of directors for a company that is jointly owned by Russia goes *far* beyond "owning any stocks".

Do you not see the difference?

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Riffrafter
a reply to: BlueAjah

Do you really believe that everyone in government does not own any stocks? This is not a new Trump thing.

Being on the board of directors for a company that is jointly owned by Russia goes *far* beyond "owning any stocks".

Do you not see the difference?

Remember "What's good for General Motors is good for the USA?" Makes you wonder what Tillerson thinks is good for the USA.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
a reply to: Vasa Croe

I don't accept the bullying concept that I should be happy with one crook over another. Mr Trump is entertaining and profiting from foreign governments and corporations as we speak. And I suppose none of them are pedophiles. Mr Tillerson is just another globalists with even more power now. And after these crooks implement their tax plan, get ready for another recession, same old cycle.

I don't think you could find a single person that could become POTUS that isn't a bully of sorts. Of course he is entertaining and profiting...he is a businessman that owns multiple businesses...not POTUS yet. Even though it's consistently talked about, even that argument is not illegal for him to do.

As far as the pedophile thing...I think there are plenty of other threads for that.

All politicians are businessmen...they are all in it to help themselves in the long run.

If these guys implement the things you say as you say and things happen as you describe, I will be happy to get back on a say you were correct.

A friend sent me this and it seems more than appropriate here:

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Not sure why they are making this out like it was not public knowledge. ExxonMobil is publically traded so all the subsidiaries would be represented on their earnings statements and having Tillerson on the paperwork would not be unusual.

No...This was NOT included in any public findings...It is a joint Russian-Exxon shell company for profits and it is incorporated in the Bahamas..

The registry is public but details of individual directors are typically incomplete or missing entirely.

from OP Link..

His status as Director was outed via leaked documents..

Curious how a Director of a Russian/US Oil company based in the Bahamas to skirt US taxes aligns with "America first" in any way?

Hell...the state department was one of 9 different agencies that reviewed a uranium deal involving Russia 3 years ago...and the right wing went ape-#? Despite every fact-checker calling it a BS smear that made no sense when actually examined?

Trump's Sec of State has the Russian Medal of Friendship from Putin and has multiple joint companies with Russia...Including shell holding companies in the Bahamas and it is nothing to see here??

Hard to take some folks seriously around here..

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   
can't we just install all CEO's of big business into running our government?....that way we avoid the middleman of having actual politicians who might be beholding to actual voters and their problems. let's just quit the charade of having a democratic government that represents ALL the people.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5
No...This was NOT included in any public findings...It is a joint Russian-Exxon shell company for profits and it is incorporated in the Bahamas..

Stop lying.

IRVING, Texas--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Feb. 14, 2007--Exxon Mobil Corporation (NYSE:XOM) today announced that phase one of the Sakhalin-1 project offshore Eastern Russia, led by its subsidiary Exxon Neftegas Limited, and including affiliates of Rosneft, RN-Astra and Sakhalinmorneftegas-Shelf, Sakhalin Oil and Gas Development Co., Ltd. and ONGC Videsh Ltd., has reached its targeted peak production rate of 250,000 barrels (34,000 metric tons) of oil per day. Source

That was from 2007.

His status as Director was outed via leaked documents.

He is the CEO of ExxonMobil, he is the defacto director of EVERY subsidiary. The below release is from January of 2015.

Rex Tillerson was appointed Chairman and CEO of Exxon Mobil in January 2006, guiding the company successfully through a tumultuous period for the industry and maintaining Exxon Mobil’s position as the largest private sector international oil company. He previously served in a variety of roles at Exxon Mobil, including executive vice president of Exxon Mobil Development Company. Joining the company in 1975, his positions also included president of Exxon Neftegas Limited, vice president of Exxon Ventures (CIS) and president of Exxon Yemen and Esso Exploration and Production Khorat. Source

Frankly this story belongs in HOAX or LOL.

edit on 19-12-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Stop lying.

IRVING, Texas--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Feb. 14, 2007--Exxon Mobil Corporation (NYSE:XOM) today announced that phase one of the Sakhalin-1 project offshore Eastern Russia, led by its subsidiary Exxon Neftegas Limited, and including affiliates of Rosneft, RN-Astra and Sakhalinmorneftegas-Shelf, Sakhalin Oil and Gas Development Co., Ltd. and ONGC Videsh Ltd., has reached its targeted peak production rate of 250,000 barrels (34,000 metric tons) of oil per day. Source

That was from 2007.

His status as Director was outed via leaked documents.

He is the CEO of ExxonMobil, he is the defacto director of EVERY subsidiary. The below release is from January of 2015.

Rex Tillerson was appointed Chairman and CEO of Exxon Mobil in January 2006, guiding the company successfully through a tumultuous period for the industry and maintaining Exxon Mobil’s position as the largest private sector international oil company. He previously served in a variety of roles at Exxon Mobil, including executive vice president of Exxon Mobil Development Company. Joining the company in 1975, his positions also included president of Exxon Neftegas Limited, vice president of Exxon Ventures (CIS) and president of Exxon Yemen and Esso Exploration and Production Khorat. Source

Frankly this story belongs in HOAX or LOL.

Agree on HOAX or LOL....I have found more articles than I could post here from years ago about his being President of Neftegas in 1998 and nothing hiding his appointments.

All people have to do is search just a little bit and they may find that they are being lied to, but that would be WAY too much to ask it appears.

Anywho...the OP can continue on the star and flag run with ridiculous claims....people who actually check facts will gladly point out the inconsistencies and wrongs every time.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
Agree on HOAX or LOL....I have found more articles than I could post here from years ago about his being President of Neftegas in 1998 and nothing hiding his appointments.

I have owned ExxonMobil shares for some time, I was under the impression this was common knowledge since there have been releases on it for almost two decades.

edit on 19-12-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Not sure why they are making this out like it was not public knowledge. ExxonMobil is publically traded so all the subsidiaries would be represented on their earnings statements and having Tillerson on the paperwork would not be unusual.

The registry is public but details of individual directors are typically incomplete or missing entirely.

from OP Link..

His status as Director was outed via leaked documents..

Curious how a Director of a Russian/US Oil company based in the Bahamas to skirt US taxes aligns with "America first" in any way?

Hell...the state department was one of 9 different agencies that reviewed a uranium deal involving Russia 3 years ago...and the right wing went ape-#? Despite every fact-checker calling it a BS smear that made no sense when actually examined?

Trump's Sec of State has the Russian Medal of Friendship from Putin and has multiple joint companies with Russia...Including shell holding companies in the Bahamas and it is nothing to see here??

Hard to take some folks seriously around here..

It is hard to take some folks serious around here. Considering his appointment to Neftegas was VERY public and just a single search for Tillerson Neftegas on Google brings up plenty of old stories about him being President in 1998 and his business dealings.

The OP source is simply wrong. It is an obvious biased attempt at smear and a non-story as the claim of this being leaked isn't even true....maybe he just got the document that has them listed, but him being the top dog at that company is no hidden fact.

As far as a tax loophole, if you can consider it such, I am pretty sure buisnessmen all over the world look for ways to avoid paying high taxes.....as a citizen I know when I go to my accountant I look for every way possible to lower my taxes...it's called being smart with your money.

If this is such a huge issue I fail to see why it is now a problem, or maybe just because it is a Trump person....Hell...Obama had 8 years to fix the hole and didn't. Plenty of Presidents before him could have as well. But yeah....Trump....

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Why do they speak in the past tense? And can you tell me the difference between a Director and a President?

Do "directors" retire? VPs and CEOs do, but sitting on boards as Directors is a different animal.

Please show me where it was publicly disclosed he was Director of the Russian-Exxon alliance in the Bahamas?

And this bit?...

He is the CEO of ExxonMobil, he is the defacto director of EVERY subsidiary.

No...that is something you just made up..That is not how the corporate world works...In reality, in the vast majority of cases, CEOs report to Directors or Boards.

There is the possibility that his "Director" status was not disclosed in this Exxon+Russia tax avoidance LLC in the Bahamas...Because it is an entity that would directly profit from US sanctions being lifted once he is SOS...and his "retiring" from Exxon would not include board positions...those need to be "resigned" from.

edit on 19-12-2016 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Why do they speak in the past tense?

Because he became CEO.

Please show me where it was publicly disclosed he was Director of the Russian-Exxon alliance in the Bahamas?

Stop being lazy and read the links. It clearly shows he was the director.
Here is another, this time with the SEC, on XOM's corporate filing for this subsidiary.

No...that is something you just made up..That is not how the corporate world works...In reality, in the vast majority of cases, CEOs report to Directors or Boards.

No, unlike you and the Original Poster, I am not making anything up. As the CEO he is on the board of every division and every subsidiary since that is in fact how corporations work. When you are the CEO you are in charge. That is kinda what the 'C' means in 'CEO'.

Keep spinning your wheels though, it is funny to watch people try and defend a hoax after they are duped by it.

edit on 19-12-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

I have owned ExxonMobil shares for some time, I was under the impression this was common knowledge since there have been releases on it for almost two decades.

You keep conflating the existence of Neftegas and the disclosure that Rex Tillerson is a Director of that entity..

While your post excerpt spoke in the past tense of Rex once being President of that subsidiary..It did not disclose that he was a current Director.

Could you please provide some excerpt that showed he remained Director of that entity until present day?

Cuz again...Directorships of Corps are not the same as Pres. or VP and OFTEN retired CEOs retain seats on the board and collect income after they retire.

Strange you think questions aren't worth asking..
edit on 19-12-2016 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Could you please provide some excerpt that showed he remained Director of that entity until present day?

What? Why do I need to find evidence to support your point? Get off your ass and find it yourself.

Hell, even the article from The Guardian says he WAS the director, not IS the director and the documents are from 2001. Nice scoop Guardian, giving us 'inside' information on something that was public 3 years before the 'secret' document was printed.

Derp time.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join