It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leak reveals Tillerson is director of Bahamas based US-Russian Oil Company

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+39 more 
posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Rex Tillerson, the businessman nominated by Donald Trump to be the next US secretary of state, is the long-time director of a US-Russian oil firm based in the tax haven of the Bahamas, leaked documents show.

Tillerson – the chief executive of ExxonMobil – has been a director of the oil company’s Russian subsidiary, Exxon Neftegas, since 1998. His name – RW Tillerson – appears next to other officers who are based at Houston, Texas; Moscow; and Sakhalin, in Russia’s far east.

The Guardian

This is what corruption looks like.

Tillerson and Exxon have 500 billion in deals with Russia that were halted due to Obama's sanctions as a result of Russia invading and annexing Crimea.

Tillerson will most likely lift those sanctions, because it benefits him and his Company. He has 245 million in exxon stock. Link

Trump called Hillary the most corrupt candidate in history, but we know Donald is a master at projecting.

The swamp is overflowing.

What many here used to call "Globalists' have now become "Successful Businessmen".

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Is anything illegal about this? Or even morally wrong?

+6 more 
posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: muse7

Not sure why they are making this out like it was not public knowledge. ExxonMobil is publically traded so all the subsidiaries would be represented on their earnings statements and having Tillerson on the paperwork would not be unusual.

edit on 18-12-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: Zazz 2020!

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   

OMG trust the cat to keep the cream.
What could possibly go wrong?

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   
This is why I am glad Trump got elected.

I hope the sanctions get lifted. I hope the US and Russia start engaging in more business deals and I hope the Ukrainian government get on their knees and crawl back to their mother they disrespected so selfishly.

+12 more 
posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Tillerson will be retiring from Exxon in March.
Their mandatory retirement age is 65.

One of the reasons Tillerson was selected is because of his working knowledge of and relationships with other countries, including Russia.
It would not be a bad thing for the US to get along with and be respected by Russia.

source re. Tillerson retirement

edit on 12/18/16 by BlueAjah because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: MALBOSIA

would those business deals you're wishing for require taking someone oil?

edit on 18-12-2016 by knoxie because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-12-2016 by knoxie because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Great News ! Russia and the U.S. will Now make Power Play Moves to Uplift both their Economies . Jobs , Jobs , Jobs , *snip* !
edit on 12/18/2016 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
link   

Wow - great find!

I believe Trump has the right to name who he wants to his cabinet. And I thought Tillerson was a good pick initially.

But if this Is true regarding Tillerson being on the board of directors for a US-Russian jointly owned company, then his name needs to be removed from consideration for SoS and Trump needs to find someone else.

The potential for multiple conflicts of interest are enormous - whether he retires from Exxon or not. He *WAS* on that board. And I'm sure he still has a lot of friends on that board, and that alone presents an enormous conflict of interest, in my opinion.

edit on 12/18/2016 by Riffrafter because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
link   

You have reality issues. Russia invaded Ukraine.

edit on 18-12-2016 by Peeple because: Had bs, double standard

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie

would those business deals you're wishing for require taking someone oil?

Doesn't it always?

Sorry I'm not an activist or liberal. Your idea of right might differ from mine. Winning is right and making sure your competition doesn't hate you or think your winning more than your share is part of winning.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

You have reality issues. Russia invaded Ukraine.

Sure.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Riffrafter

Wow - great find!

I believe Trump has the right to name who he wants to his cabinet. And I thought Tillerson was a good pick initially.

But if this Is true regarding Tillerson being on the board of directors for a US-Russian jointly owned company, then his name needs to be removed from consideration for SoS and Trump needs to find someone else.

The potential for multiple conflicts of interest are enormous - whether he retires from Exxon or not. He *WAS* on that board. And I'm sure he still has a lot of friends on that board, and that alone presents an enormous conflict of interest, in my opinion.

And I am pretty sure Trump already knew everything your guessing so you might as well forget about his name being removed.

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Riffrafter

If we are going to select people with real world experience for the cabinet, then they will have real world connections. That is inevitable. Real world experience is what we need in these positions.

The alternative is to select lifer politicians who only know the world of politics. Choices of people like this have not worked well so far.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   

That does look deertay.

But wait, Tillerson isn't the president. And Tillerson didn't actually lift any sanctions yet. Nor does that mean it'd be the reason Trump would lift such sanctions if he might have intended to now, or might go on to do. While the entire subject of sanctions against Russia actually brings into light the justifications of which considering US activities in places like Honduras & Syria (not to mention Iraq), which you've got to admit would be kind of hilarious irony if only it wasn't Obama & Hillary responsible for all of that.

That does look deertay.

I suppose people whom own stocks can't take part in government ever again is your suggestion?
edit on 18-12-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

Then the downfall of man is inevitable because these are the same slimy people who paid politicians to lie to the American people. Removing the middle man does nothing when you keep the financer in the equation because they have been making the decisions all along.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Why not? president Obama and SoS Clinton "gave away" US Uranium to the Russians with a sweet deal.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 07:25 PM
link   
It's Publicly Traded Company. G.W. Bush keeps his oil down there as well. It's called business. What a joke! a reply to: muse7

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: muse7

The swamp is overflowing.

It's becoming a literal biblical deluge.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: DickBrisket
It's Publicly Traded Company. G.W. Bush keeps his oil down there as well. It's called business. What a joke! a reply to: muse7

It's not his job as CEO of Exxon Mobil that is the problem. It is that he is on the board of directors for a completely separate company of Bahamian registry that is jointly owned by a US company - Exxon - and the Russian government.

Quote from the article:

"Rex Tillerson, the businessman nominated by Donald Trump to be the next US secretary of state, was the long-time director of a US-Russian oil firm based in the tax haven of the Bahamas, leaked documents show.

Tillerson – the chief executive of ExxonMobil – became a director of the oil company’s Russian subsidiary, Exxon Neftegas, in 1998. His name – RW Tillerson – appears next to other officers who are based at Houston, Texas; Moscow; and Sakhalin, in Russia’s far east."

It may be the way that business is conducted by oil companies, but there's no way this guy should be secretary of state after being on the board of a jointly owned US-Russian oil company.

Period.

There are many other good, well qualified candidates for the position of Secretary of State. Pick one of them and let's get on with running the country ffs...
edit on 12/18/2016 by Riffrafter because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join