It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If God is all powerful he cannot be all good quote...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 06:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lucid Lunacy
Meaning to say, Christianity is not at all a guarantee for a moral life.

I am not speaking about a moral life.
Life is happening - is it not? It is happening right now - no one is doing now.
Can you tell me what your next thought will be? Will it always be a good thought? A thought cannot be known until it happens so you are not doing what appears - you only know what appears. Even science has proved this.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 06:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

That's just psychology. What does that have to do with religion?
edit on 17-12-2016 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 06:06 AM
link   

That's just psychology. What does that have to do with religion?

The word 'god' means to me - all there is. And all there is is what is happening. What is happening is not good or bad.
And in the bible God tells Adam not to eat from the tree of knowledge of good and bad - he did and was cast out of paradise.
The bible is psychology - how to not suffer is to not judge life as good or bad - because life just is.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 06:13 AM
link   

The word 'god' means to me - all there is.

I call that the Universe.

What is happening is not good or bad.

Right. Despite what religions tell us this World just happens and it's not "good" or "bad".

And in the bible God tells Adam

The Bible also tells us that all the stars were made after Earth. Yet, we know that's not true at all.

The bible is psychology

Something we agree on.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 06:17 AM
link   

The Bible also tells us that all the stars were made after Earth. Yet, we know that's that true at all.
Not sure about what you are saying here?

edit on 17-12-2016 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 06:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Lucid Lunacy

Regardless of what the bible says - who is doing now?

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Genesis says the Sun and the Moon and ALL stars were made after the Earth. Day 4 these were made. According to scripture.

We don't believe the Earth existed before all the stars, right? Or do you?

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 06:23 AM
link   

We don't believe the Earth existed before all the stars, right? Or do you?

I don't know.
All I can know is what is happening now!

The space that everything appears in existed before any thing and continues to exist but gets overlooked.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 06:36 AM
link   

I don't know.

Why. Why can't we just stop there??

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 06:43 AM
link   

I don't know.

Why. Why can't we just stop there??

Yes! Why can't we stop calling 'what is' good or bad when it is not possible to know?
What is IS.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Jesus. Conflating topics.

Look. Do you have something you want to discuss with me specifically? If so, tell me.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Look. Do you have something you want to discuss with me specifically? If so, tell me.

It was you who replied to my post originally - if you have finished then you can go about your business.

I am still stating that there is no good or bad - it is just thought dividing what is whole and complete into fragments. Fragmentation is conflict. To not fragment is harmony - which is peace which passes understanding.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Lucid Lunacy

Okay knowing that you're an intellectual and someone that consistently makes great posts I will respond hoping you will give me in turn the time of day.

Thanks.

Please know, I loathe Islam just as much as Christianity. That's the pretense.

They're neither good nor bad on their own. I've known people who've become much better individuals after accepting some of their tenets. Of course, like any other set or rules or ideologies, they can also be used for negative purposes. But you're entitled to your views as well.

This wasn't a discussion of what humans have done. We are talking about god and god's morality. I feel like an attempt to focus on humanities shortcomings is just a way to distract focus on the actual topic matter.

I actually answered like that for a reason. I think the intellectual gap between those common "pests" and humanity is similar to the intellectual gap between humanity and God & His Angels. That's why I wrote this after listing my numerous examples:

But how can humans explain to animals why our actions aren't actually contradictory?

It was in response to this part of your post:

A genocidal flood that destroys 99.99% of humanity supports giving humans free-will how exactly? We need to be alive to exercise free-will, no?

It's only "genocidal" and bad in the eyes of humans. But to God and His Angels (or any other worldly lifeform), it would probably be no different than humans culling cows with Mad Cow disease to prevent other cows from contracting it. The human survivors of the Flood could be like the quarantined cows in that example.

I think it boils down to this: I simply don't see humans as being anywhere near "equals" to God & His Angels. In Islam, God doesn't have to answer to humans, justify His actions to humans, etc. He doesn't even need us in the slightest bit.

Could being the operative word.

Could.

Well yeah, it's not like anyone can answer that definitively. I was simply giving a possible explanation. Even if God appeared in front of some people and revealed all of the secrets of Creation to them, that doesn't mean anyone else would believe it. Even the people who received the "revelations" may think they were simply drunk, hallucinating, dreaming, etc.
edit on 17-12-2016 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 07:04 AM
link   

It was you who replied to my post originally

Okay. Here is is:

God is doing everything - God is all there is - so God is all powerful.

That was your original post so please present proof for that. Or do you have zero understanding of what the burden of proof means??

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 07:06 AM
link   

It was you who replied to my post originally

Okay. Here is is:

God is doing everything - God is all there is - so God is all powerful.

That was your original post so please present proof for that. Or do you have zero understanding of what the burden of proof means??

Are you doing now? Who or what is doing now?

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 07:09 AM
link   

You're not making a lick of sense.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 07:09 AM
link   

You're not making a lick of sense.

And you are not answering the question!

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Your questions are not sensible. I'm sorry you don't see this.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Your questions are not sensible. I'm sorry you don't see this.

Is life not just happening presently? It is arising unconditionally - it is simply just happening. Because it is unconditional there is no condition of good or bad.
It is only thought that claims that something is good or bad - but without any thought - life simply just is.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Okay I read your posts. So I'm trying hard to to get it. Trying really hard to justify this Biblical flood genocide. As I understand it, it can be summed up with the idea that the majority of humans were essentially evil and therefore deserving of the flood. So how do we justify the kids, teens, pregnant mothers, or hell, the puppies?

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join