It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Is The Real Purpose Behind “Fake News” Propaganda?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 07:14 AM
link   
This is a well written non partition article about discourse and arguments. I remember "way back when" that during a talk show no one would interrupt a speaker and the speaker would almost always allow an opposing view to be heard.. there was no name calling for it was considered low class and uneducated.. Several years ago when watching something of a discussion I was interested in as soon as the participants started talking over each other I thought it was just a temporary anomaly instead of what we take for normal these days. To much has turned into a Jerry Springer act instead of a discussion IMO.

By Brandon Smith

Here is the first problem with modern political discourse — too many people want to “win” arguments instead of getting to the greater truth of the matter. Discussions become brinkmanship. Opponents launch into immediate attacks instead of simply asking valid questions. They assert immediately that their position is the only valid position without verification. When confronted with rational responses and ample evidence, they dismiss everything instead of pondering what you have handed them. After this line is crossed, there is no point in continuing the debate. It will go on forever.

This is one of the great tragedies of the Saul Alinsky method of political confrontation; it has bred entire generations of people who now believe that there is no objective truth. They think everything is relative. Because of this belief, they assume that there is no wrong or right side, no wrong or right goal. Instead, there are only goals that are MORE right than the goals of others. Everything boils down to a “lesser of two evils” mentality, and the ends therefore justify the means. Using dishonest measures to win the fight becomes acceptable.

In the end, ideological combat actually prevents people from learning rather than helping them get to the root of the issue. We live in a world where truth is superfluous to the overall narrative. The only thing that is important is destroying your rivals.

www.activistpost.com...

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 07:20 AM
link   
I remember when there wasn't 30 "fake news" threads per day. *sigh*, trends get so old after awhile.
News has always been subjective. You have to be careful of what you believe.
Nothing has changed, except people get obsessed with buzz words, such as "fake news".

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 07:29 AM
link   
I think Mr. Aquino said it best in his AMA:

n the field of PSYOP such things are not analyzed or judged morally, just cause-and-effectly. Once of the consequences of being a PSYOP officer is that you wind up seeing the whole damn world this way, with all of the moral, patriotic, religious, etc. overlays (fetishes, sacred cows, taboos) as "just part of the show". It doesn't even make you cynical, because cynicism requires something to be outraged against. Instead you become numb. That's the real, the serious danger, because the thing that is divine in the human soul is the ability to apprehend, and to desire, and to affirm, the Good. If we lose this, we are nothing.

My name is Michael Aquino, and I think it's kind of fun to do the impossible; Ask Me Anything.
edit on 16-12-2016 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 07:33 AM
link   
trying to cover up the global elite "pizza party"

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

A suppression of free speech.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

this- they want the people to cry out for a form of censorship, so they can implement another form of censorship.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac

this- they want the people to cry out for a form of censorship, so they can implement another form of censorship.

I think you may be correct. TPTB needs everyone reading off the same script with no decedent... they can't intimidate into their line of reasoning with all the free voices and disparaging comments about their B.S. on many, many, subjects.. Intimidate, infiltrate, and eliminate is alive and well...

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Jefferton

News has always been subjective

No. It hasn't.

Editorials are subjective. There was a time when journalists actually investigated their stories, and brought facts to the public before publishing.

Great subject, OP! But I'm confused about why "some people" are taking this so personally. It seems to be the "new normal" and deserves discussion. I think much of the fake news is motivated by "clicks", and wanting to make money regardless of the cost to others. If it is other governments perpetrating the ruse, then their agenda is clear.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 08:08 AM
link   
maybe theyre trying to suppress bat boy?

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Right. You can see it every day in here in any Binary issue imaginable.

I can go make a megathread that just hammers every angle to death on a subject. They'll come in skim right on thru and sweepingly denounce it. The same day I can see them out doing the same crap on the same kind of subject, as if megabuster thread never even happened, and they are totally in the KNOW and are totally in the CORRECT and arent in any way shallow hypocrites.

That an extreme example. The subtle ones are perpetual. Pick an Binary issue, someone starts thread, one side starts chirping, both sides start stomping in the mud a bit, then a couple people will come in with bombshells that just devastate the one side, the other they look down their nose at it and chirp a bit until it rolls past it for a few pages (thus sweeping it under the rug in their minds), and from there they carry on the thread as if their argument whatever from the very first page was never even challenged.

Thisd is something I've literally studied in this site over the 'mania epoch's'. It's easy to assume they be proper trolls in any given thread, and it seems such 'trolls' comes in droves on certain issues to the degree I've actually labelled some of these trends as "troll movements", yet how far this kind of thinking runs into everyday mentality people (once removing the shills from the mix) may go further into mass mentality than anyone might care to actually realize.

The one thing I expect we can count on is, the stooges at the news and inthe government are so far removed from reality they wouldn't much grasp all this hardly a wink to as we master debaters know it too well.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 08:49 AM
link   
The most effective form of propaganda works in a way where the target is so confused they end up holding no belief at all. You can manipulate through a state of confusion much better than you can in opposition to an idea.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Been having a blast making the memes & vintage horror movie poster spoofs for my FAKE NEWS megathread been workering on this week.

Here goes one, which I capped from the The Red Scare (1954):
www.youtube.com...

To add to the satire, though, I'm pretty sure that is a mock film.
edit on 16-12-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Fake News exists in order to keep you consuming media and discussing rumor and speculation instead of living a full, rich and meaningful life.

It's pacification, pure and simple.

Keeps everyone musing and obsessing over planted nuance and trying to figure out the "truth behind the story" instead of actually getting off the media consumption and writing your own story without the prompting of visual electronic stimulus.

Sedation, distraction, diversion.

Turn on. Tune in. Drop out.

There is an entirely different world out there, beyond the screens.

edit on 12/16/16 by GENERAL EYES because: clarity

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

I think that's it: if you will not believe their lies, they will try to infiltrate and cause so much chaos and confusion amongst the ones telling the truth, that you will turn away from the truth, and back to the lie, or you will stop caring all together.

Subversion.
edit on 12/16/2016 by Bleeeeep because: clarity

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Just read this then you will understand

www.whiteh... ouse.gov/the-press-office/2015/09/15/executive-order-using-behavioral-science-insights-better-serve-american

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   
It's economic.

These sites make HUGE amounts of money.

Horner claims that, in the past three months, he’s made $30,000 off ads alone.

(this article is from >>>> 2014 (so it's not a new thing)

Since this latest Banksy story went viral, Horner has pocketed as much as $10,000 a day — and that doesn’t even count whatever he’s making from his sale of “I Am Banksy” T-shirts and coffee mugs.

I have found other interviews of other fake news (sometimes they say it's "satire") sites - the shock value headlines pull in more money in advertising per day than I made the first year that I began working full time.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 11:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky

originally posted by: lordcomac

I think you may be correct. TPTB needs everyone reading off the same script with no decedent... they can't intimidate into their line of reasoning with all the free voices and disparaging comments about their B.S. on many, many, subjects.. Intimidate, infiltrate, and eliminate is alive and well...

It's like an OCD child who just sorted his bag of M&Ms by color and quantity, and then his little brother comes by and kicks the table sending M&Ms every where, breaking the order. Everything needs to go back into their right place.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 02:55 AM
link   
The real purpose behind calling alternative news fake is simple. When something sinister is covered up by the letter agencies, all they have to do now is cry fake, and it will all go away. It amazes me the other day when I watched the pizza gate scandal unfold. The "news reporters" kept saying "this is fake news, that is fake news". Anytime someone tries to keep convincing you that something is the other way, believe the exact opposite.
edit on 17-12-2016 by Oannes because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Truth that damages the status quo is now no longer allowed. The state is eradicating intellectual opposition by censoring websites. No different than the Nazis burning books. We have well crossed the line.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join