It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Energy Department balks at Trump request for names on climate change

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   
typical democrats, unnamed sources with unnamed credentials say that climate change is a real thing but we can`t tell you who those people are or what their qualifications are for saying such things, just trust us that it is a real thing and that we are instituting the correct policies for fixing it,and NO you can`t know who they are or ask them any questions.
edit on 13-12-2016 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Were you for a purge and punishment of skeptics?

Note, I will use the search function to see

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

Because that's what I said, right?

It's certainly cohesive & consistent with your careless statement. Slowing down and thinking your statements through might keep you from embarrassing yourself. Or forcing us to be embarrassed for you.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I think we have to ask ourselves what purpose does it serve in requesting this information.

Looks to me like their trying to build a list of names, but for what reason?

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Were you for a purge and punishment of skeptics?

Note, I will use the search function to see

Nope. Knock yourself out. I don't care what you do with my post history.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

If the Trump administration treats people who disagree with them the same way that the Obama administration did, then there will be squealing heard around the world.

It won't make it right, but it will be funny to watch.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   
He wants to interview them for sanitation duties

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: DBCowboy

The same behavior that was applauded by the authoritarian leftists is now being used against them.

The incoming Obama administration didn't purge the EPA of global warming skeptics yet it's the "authoritarian leftists" and while you say that you don't like it, you find it funny that the authoritarian right-wingers (who you won't bring yourself to call authoritarian) are doing it?

I hope you're doing a LOT of stretching exercises because with all the contortions you'll be going through in the next few months, you're going to need become really limber!

Again you are right, and some aspects of what Tardacus says is also true, although we do know some at the top of the science who indeed refuse to discuss it. The reality in issue of climate change is that there are many people in all parts of the spectrum who don't agree fully with AGW, and it has to be said that the authoritarian manner of many scientists themselves is the real confrontational aspect of it all, while the party politicals simply use the meme to hammer the electorate where they can, and all of them change the goalposts when the rhetoric doesn't work out.
I don't consider myself a conservative, I do consider the aspect of full blooded AGW verging on the criminal in some areas.
edit on 13-12-2016 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Well, once Obama has to hand over his magical Pen of Executive Orders, the department may not have a choice in compliance.

Not that I'm a fan of executive orders, but when used in a way that is basically the boss of the executive branch telling his executive-branch minions what they must do in an administrative fashion, I'm fine with them.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   

This not new as the president of the US Trump will select a new EPA Administrator because is the president right to do so.

So what is the big deal about asking for the list of people that make up the entire administration of the EPA, a new administration will fire the old ones and chose his or her new crew.

As usual is nothing but more propaganda BS.

Maybe the outrage is all the dirty crap they have been doing behind the scenes like taking bribes and money.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

More like resign or expect to be fired if you routinely ignore requests from your boss.

Maybe you are self employed, but most of us have to do what our boss asks us to.

And the paranoia does expose their mindset doesn't it? As nothing has happened as of yet, it is simply an assumption on their part that anything will happen. That they fear it will happen goes to show what they would do to anyone of skeptical mindset if they were in power themselves.

Lmao. Did that sound good when you typed it? So being afraid that somebody will do something to you proves that given the opportunity, you would do the same to others? If a woman is afraid of sexual assault, does that means she's a rapist who just hadn't a chance to rape anyone yet? Locking my door when I leave my house because I'm concerned I could be robbed indicates that I'm a thief?

Need more hypotheticals to underscore how ridiculous that notion is?

In this case, as it happens, we don't have to rely on hypotheticals anyway! Obama's transition team didn't request a list of individuals who had attended conferences for global warming skeptics or information about membership in/affiliations with organizations skeptical of global warming.

So given the chance, the "other side" didn't do what these authoritarian wingnut "Neaderthals" are doing? (might as well since I'm going to be accused of it anyway)

I don't know when you were last in the work force but guess what? You don't actually have to do everything that your boss asks of you and more to the point, you don't have to provide information not pertinent to your job simply because your boss asks you to do so.

Do I need to provide examples of information that a person wouldn't be required to provide? Some of them would be flat out actionable.
edit on 2016-12-13 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

It's certainly cohesive & consistent with your careless statement. Slowing down and thinking your statements through might keep you from embarrassing yourself. Or forcing us to be embarrassed for you.

There was absolutely nothing careless about my response. Please spare me your disingenuous admonishments. If your goal was anything beyond saving face with dimwits, it was a wasted effort. No amount of inane twaddle will result in my embarrassment because I simply don't care what your opinion of me is. If that's the sort of thing that concerns you, perhaps you'd be better off sitting in front of a mirror, repeating affirming mantras to bolster your self-esteem.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I don't like it when government goes after people who are believers of man-made climate change.

There's a great analysis of the letter and the questions here:

wattsupwiththat.com...

The news is bleating about a "witchhunt". What Trump is actually doing is sorting the wheat from the chaff. His transition team are absolutely on the ball in this case.

Leftie leeches sucking government money out of the DoE are quite rightly scared that their gravytrain is about to come off the tracks. They must be terrified at the thought of having to work for a living!

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   
No point is to petty for Trump to make himself an ass over.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian
Hey, you're the one that made the unsupportable and silly statement. I'm sorry my pointing it out hurt.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

But
Any point Trump does make is only seen as fodder by the left to make him into an ass over.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Oh please.

Now you go into the hyperbole.

If my boss makes a job related request, and I fail to comply ... what do you think happens?

Last I checked, global warming has nothing to do with sex or sexual harassment.
edit on 13-12-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   

He's doing the same thing he's done for the last six months - throwing something out that he knows will get the press buzzing and putting him under the microscope, only to use the attention to bring the real issue into focus.

It's a bait and switch. Everyone comes to lambast Trump over climate change beliefs, but they end up being shown how screwed up the DoE is at the moment. Without the bait, nobody would care about some boring administrative shuffling or why it had to be done.

Wow. Trump managed to make the DoE's internal politics interesting.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: EvillerBob

He's doing the same thing he's done for the last six months - throwing something out that he knows will get the press buzzing and putting him under the microscope, only to use the attention to bring the real issue into focus.

It's a bait and switch. Everyone comes to lambast Trump over climate change beliefs, but they end up being shown how screwed up the DoE is at the moment. Without the bait, nobody would care about some boring administrative shuffling or why it had to be done.

Wow. Trump managed to make the DoE's internal politics interesting.

I can't help but feel that im being pee'd on here, and then told its raining.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join