It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Energy Department balks at Trump request for names on climate change

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   
The Trump transition team asked the Dept of Energy for some specifics and the Department is not cooperating !!

Trump is asking for names of people who have worked on climate change and for names of people who may have memberships in professional societies.

Somebody even thought it to be threatening !!

They think Trump might be assembling a "Hit List" !!

Looks like some people inside the Dept are scared. Very scared.

Maybe they are afraid of being exposed and that they may be involved in fake reports or getting sucked in without knowing?

Transparency no longer applies apparently !!

The U.S. Energy Department said on Tuesday it will not comply with a request from President-elect Donald Trump's Energy Department transition team for the names of people who have worked on climate change and the professional society memberships of lab workers.

The response from the Energy Department could signal a rocky transition for the president-elect's energy team and potential friction between the new leadership and the staffers who remain in place.

The memo sent to the Energy Department on Tuesday and reviewed by Reuters last week contains 74 questions including a request for a list of all department employees and contractors who attended the annual global climate talks hosted by the United Nations within the last five years.

Energy Department spokesman Eben Burnham-Snyder said Tuesday the department will not comply.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I didn't like it when the government went after people who were skeptical of man-made climate change.

I don't like it when government goes after people who are believers of man-made climate change.

I will say that chickens have certainly come home to roost. The same behavior that was applauded by the authoritarian leftists is now being used against them.

It doesn't make it right, but it is as funny as hell to watch.

+10 more 
posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Then expect to be fired or freakin' resign.

These people are the real threat to our Republic.

edit on 13-12-2016 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

The same behavior that was applauded by the authoritarian leftists is now being used against them.

The incoming Obama administration didn't purge the EPA of global warming skeptics yet it's the "authoritarian leftists" and while you say that you don't like it, you find it funny that the authoritarian right-wingers (who you won't bring yourself to call authoritarian) are doing it?

I hope you're doing a LOT of stretching exercises because with all the contortions you'll be going through in the next few months, you're going to need become really limber!

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

Resign or expect to be fired if you don't deny science and believe the fossil fuel industry created and promoted propaganda? Maybe NASA should be staffed with flat Earthers too? People who believe the Earth is round are clearly a "threat to our republic."

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

So the scientists that question the questionable science of climate change are anti-science? Doesn't compute.

edit on 13-12-2016 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   
The only reason to be scared is if you have something to hide or have been involved in a massive fraud.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Yes, yes. I know your position well. All Trump voters are Neanderthals.

Yawn.

Sad thing is you think you said something honest and meaningful.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
The Trump transition team asked the Dept of Energy for some specifics and the Department is not cooperating !!

Trump is asking for names of people who have worked on climate change and for names of people who may have memberships in professional societies.

Somebody even thought it to be threatening !!

They think Trump might be assembling a "Hit List" !!

Looks like some people inside the Dept are scared. Very scared.

Maybe they are afraid of being exposed and that they may be involved in fake reports or getting sucked in without knowing?

Transparency no longer applies apparently !!

The U.S. Energy Department said on Tuesday it will not comply with a request from President-elect Donald Trump's Energy Department transition team for the names of people who have worked on climate change and the professional society memberships of lab workers.

The response from the Energy Department could signal a rocky transition for the president-elect's energy team and potential friction between the new leadership and the staffers who remain in place.

The memo sent to the Energy Department on Tuesday and reviewed by Reuters last week contains 74 questions including a request for a list of all department employees and contractors who attended the annual global climate talks hosted by the United Nations within the last five years.

Energy Department spokesman Eben Burnham-Snyder said Tuesday the department will not comply.

The Feds are protected by Civil Service so hit lists are not an issue. Contractors are selected by selection officers and have the right to protest decisions. Generally, they act at the behest of the Feds they support and produce what they are asked to produce.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Witch hunts to the left of me.

Witch hunts to the right of me.

It seems people aren't happy unless they've got someone to lynch, burn, and hang from a tree.

Un-fricken-believable.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I can't wait to see some leaked emails !!

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: CranialSponge
Un-fricken-believable.

What is unbelievable is Trump haters are so blinded by their hate, they couldn't possibly imagine a more benign reason for the request.

I guess when Trump met with Al Gore and Leonardo DiCaprio on climate change issues, he must have poisoned them.

ETA:

Nope. Just checked. Both are still alive.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

Because that's what I said, right?

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 01:49 PM
link   

I've never said that all Trump voters are Neanderthals. Add that to the giant list of things you think you know and are completely wrong about.

Is anyone in this thread capable of addressing things that people actually post or is strictly straw men?

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Your posts fool almost no one.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Since when were you allowed to be fired from a government job?

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: DBCowboy

The same behavior that was applauded by the authoritarian leftists is now being used against them.

The incoming Obama administration didn't purge the EPA of global warming skeptics yet it's the "authoritarian leftists" and while you say that you don't like it, you find it funny that the authoritarian right-wingers (who you won't bring yourself to call authoritarian) are doing it?

I hope you're doing a LOT of stretching exercises because with all the contortions you'll be going through in the next few months, you're going to need become really limber!

The name of the game is to just blame the left without any evidence of whatever you want. Then you have carte blanche to sink to any level you want and fall back on "but the left did it too!"

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Obama mocks skeptics of climate change as ‘flat-Earth society’

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Dem Party Platform Calls For Prosecuting Global Warming Skeptics

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

Resign or expect to be fired if you don't deny science and believe the fossil fuel industry created and promoted propaganda? Maybe NASA should be staffed with flat Earthers too? People who believe the Earth is round are clearly a "threat to our republic."

More like resign or expect to be fired if you routinely ignore requests from your boss.

Maybe you are self employed, but most of us have to do what our boss asks us to.

And the paranoia does expose their mindset doesn't it? As nothing has happened as of yet, it is simply an assumption on their part that anything will happen. That they fear it will happen goes to show what they would do to anyone of skeptical mindset if they were in power themselves.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Obama mocks skeptics of climate change as ‘flat-Earth society’

Maybe you have a different dictionary than I do, but since when did the word "mock" mean the same thing as "fire"?

Dem Party Platform Calls For Prosecuting Global Warming Skeptics

This has nothing to do with purging government jobs. Also it wasn't even successful.
edit on 13-12-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join