It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Documentary: "A Billion Lives" Full. Conspiracy from Big Tobacco Against Vaping

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I attempted to find it streaming, but I couldn't. They are apparently trying to sell it to Netflix or will come up with streaming on their website abillionlives.com. Regulations have become so ridiculous, one of the 3 Vaping shops closest to me has disconnected it's phone, due to regulations directing they not give any advice on what products would be most helpful or even on how they work.

As an intro: From blogs at Totally Wicked E-Liquid (I have bought things from them, but not regularly, so I am not promoting their business in particular).

From their blog article: The FDA is Destroying the Vaping Industry – Why Doesn’t Anyone Really Care?

Our customers and vapers all over the world continue to praise vaping for changing their lives – FACT. Public Health England states that vaping is “at least 95% safer” than traditional cigarettes – FACT. Physicians in growing numbers are recommending that their patients utilize vaping as a smoking cessation device – FACT. The Vaping Industy supports reasonable regualtion that benefits Public Health - FACT.

Trailer for A Billion Lives

Podcast with the creator

edit on 13-12-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Part of the reason for this is that Big Tobacco wants into the vaping industry, but they also want the laws to change over advertising before they do.

If they are unable to convince various different legislative body's from doing that, they are just going to take the hard road and try and prevent their popularity by claiming negative health issues.

And well, who knows better about the woes of smoking than Big Tobacco? As a side note, they are using the same tactic for marijuana.

I'll be watching that Doc tonight though, thanks for posting

~Tenth
edit on 12/13/2016 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 12:46 PM
link   

The sad truth is that the concentrated dose of nicotine derived from vaping is still highly dangerous to your health. High blood pressure and stroke/heart disease being in the forefront.

I suspect this regulation is falling under something similar to the DSHAE laws used in the healthfoods industry to halt medical practice without a license

Dont get me wrong, I smoke cigars and I think everyone should be able to do whatever they want to their own body...just thought Id add some info

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I don't think that is "A Billion Lives" documentary.

It is just a podcast interviewing the Director....

I do however agree that Vaping has changed my life as a former smoker and current Vaper.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

Big tobacco is in the industry...they provide the raw materials for the extract. Nicotine is extracted from its easiest available source...tobacco
edit on 13-12-2016 by BlueJacket because: sp

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

True, Big tobacco has gotten in by offering poor electronic cigarette prices at incredibly high prices. The disposables or cartridges are marked as 'worth 2 packs', especially the brand Blu, costs about $8 for one and certainly is not worth '2 packs' of anything in length of time they work or the money they are worth.

Njoy, I think has stepped up their game on 'cigalikes', they last longer, it is what my best friend uses, but the cost is still ridiculously prohibitive.

It is cheaper for the cigalike companies as far a licensing, since they only market 2-4 flavors in 2 strengths. Vapor shops have created a fantastic industry of choice in flavors and nicotene strengths from 0 to 32mg and are being monetarily penalized and they are small businesses.

link   
Screw the government, and screw big tobacco.

I had the beginnings of COPD. Scared the hell out of me. I tried quitting, made it for 5-6 months, almost lost a son, and got weak, started again for a week.

Then I tried vaping. Been doing it over a year. My doctor, whom admitted she didn't know much about it, can't believe my health, compared to were I was.

Thanks for posting this. I will watch with the hubby tonight. He quit smoking to vape with me.

link   

originally posted by: stosh64
I don't think that is "A Billion Lives" documentary.

It is just a podcast interviewing the Director....

I do however agree that Vaping has changed my life as a former smoker and current Vaper.

I will ck that link. ty.

Ty, it looked like the full docu as it is about the same length. I looked far and wide, usually it would be streaming somewhere by now. Maybe right after the wider theater release.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Big tobacco is the vaping industry...raw materials

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Here in Canada, they've mostly banned flavoured tobacco products.

The E-cigs fall into a grey area they are expected to start regulating in the next year or so and we'll probably see a no flavoured law as well.

All under the guise of protect the children and what not.

~Tenth

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   

According to this from A Billion Lives website the Documentary premiers near us on Dec. 14th.
A Billion Lives

At the Regal in Orchard Park.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   
They are full of BS is what they are......

The bad wrap from liquids came from CHINESE and other foreign made liquids that had really nasty ingredients in them.....

Ive been vaping now since 2011, every single day and stopped smoking within a week of vaping......i vape 6mg which is pretty high...

I do body building, so I have to have my blood levels and organ functionality tested on a regular basis to make sure im in good health with the supplements and strenuous activity that I undertake (pre0-show cutting is a beast and hard on your body)

Im in the best shape that I have ever been and my lungs are fabulous......

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

i might have to look into that, started smoking after i had to quit mj and pretty much only do it because i like the act of smoking for some reason. I can not smoke for a week without cravings. any good flavors?

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket

Big tobacco is the vaping industry...raw materials

No, I know how to make my own juice. None of the products I have bought were from big tobacco. Many companies sell nicotene, propylene glycol, Vegetable Glycerine and the flavor essences.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower

Here in Canada, they've mostly banned flavoured tobacco products.

The E-cigs fall into a grey area they are expected to start regulating in the next year or so and we'll probably see a no flavoured law as well.

All under the guise of protect the children and what not.

~Tenth

That sucks. Will only make a black market. I will not give up my cola and apple jacks flavors. I can stock up on the flavor essences. There are really inexpensive kits that come with droppers, beakers, and some supply of the base ingredients.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
They are full of BS is what they are......

The bad wrap from liquids came from CHINESE and other foreign made liquids that had really nasty ingredients in them.....

Ive been vaping now since 2011, every single day and stopped smoking within a week of vaping......i vape 6mg which is pretty high...

I do body building, so I have to have my blood levels and organ functionality tested on a regular basis to make sure im in good health with the supplements and strenuous activity that I undertake (pre0-show cutting is a beast and hard on your body)

Im in the best shape that I have ever been and my lungs are fabulous......

It was and even China has taken those bad ingredients out. Those were news stories going on 10 years ago now. I still buy from wither the US or UK though.

6mg is pretty low. It starts at 32mg. I started at 32mg in 2012, I am down to 12mg at my last visit.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Where does the nicotene come from?

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Also nicotene in its pure form is a transdermal poison, one of the most powerful on earth. Nobody can sell that to an unlicensed citizen, so the nicotene is made by a licensed company, from tobacco. Also...omg what in the hell are you doing? Propylene glycol is gawd awful, im worried for you. Dont let your cats near that crap, itll kill em dead

link   

originally posted by: DrakeINFERNO

i might have to look into that, started smoking after i had to quit mj and pretty much only do it because i like the act of smoking for some reason. I can not smoke for a week without cravings. any good flavors?

brother just about any flavor you can think of! From Vanilla, to bourbon, to custards, to fruit flavors, to crunchberries, anything you can dream of they have

link   

originally posted by: DrakeINFERNO

I like vanilla, Kickin Cola by Steamjunk, apple jacks, french vanilla. There is a cool desert one at a site that sells 30 ml for like 5 bucks, they call them samplers, they are normally 3 or 6 mg. Their main business is hardware, so the 'samplers' are to get you to buy hardware, though you are not required to.

There are a few that do that, some offering 100ml for a penny when you spend $45 on a piece of hardware or offer 100ml outright for 11.99.

I will still pay more for Steam Junk brand when I can afford it.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join