It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Documentary: "A Billion Lives" Full. Conspiracy from Big Tobacco Against Vaping

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Vaping is the best thing to ever happen to the smoking community. I've talked to tons of people who claim they prefer vaping over smoking and others who say they've used it to quit. It's cleaner. The smell doesn't stick to you. You don't have to smoke out the non-smokers in an area. Even the thick clouds of vape will dissipate within a few seconds.

The fact that this is being demonized is depressing...

Oh yeah I'm a non-smoker too.
edit on 13-12-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Several months ago, I stopped buying my juice from our local store and started ordering my raw ingredients so I could make it myself.

Comes out much cheaper. And, in just the last couple of months, our store here suddenly stopped doing many flavors and other things because of the FDA.

Currently I get my liquids from the Liquid Barn online. A 125ml bottle of 100mg nicotine was less than 12 dollars. I mix it with VG only, and the flavors are from them too (my two favs are Banana/Orange and Root Beer). I can't really taste the flavors that much, and it's mostly so when my wife walks into my study, she's not hit with tobacco smells.

I'm doing 10mg to 12mg now after over a year of no longer smoking, so the 100mg bottle will last me several months since I only need about 3.6ml per 30ml bottle.

The only thing I use our local shop for now is to buy coils and equipment.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful
I make my own as well. I had to stop buying store bought, after I found out PG and my eczema did not get along. At all!

It is so much cheaper, and now I just have to buy coils, which with the way things are going with the government, I think I better stock up on.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket

You are correct on ethylene, so im semi corrected, but propylene is also a terrible ingredient for your health

I'm quite sure everyone who vapes knows it's unhealthy, but it's about vaping being less unhealthy than traditional tobacco.

Anyway I'm a happy vaper, 16mg does it for me, I also use CBD for various anxieties and it really helps me a lot. I started smoking weed when I turned 18, smoked cigarettes everyday then finally just paper and tobacco. I don't miss anything about it, feel a lot better physically and mentally. Just the smell alone which I could tell sometimes coworkers or friends were annoyed, it used to get in my clothes if I was careless. I can even vape anywhere in my home and it doesn't smell bad at all, I used to go smoke on the balcony even when it was freezing outside.

The many flavors, I'm still discovering new ones - I honestly didn't know there was cola flavor and I'm going to get that soon. I didn't intend to quit but changed my habit and don't think I'll quit anytime soon and I might vape until old age, while I did want to quit before turning 40 but I doubt I will now. I have 1 kind of ecig at the moment and 2 vapors and want to try at least 3 others and haven't started with the mods. In a couple of years though I guess I'll have some kind of artwork (I would really like a Star Trek kind of futuristic vapor).

I can't find the movie, it isn't released in my country it appears, anyone got some link to ordering a DVD or watch it online (legally please)?

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Actually, from my research and personal testing, I feel that vaping is not good for you. The nicotine in cigarettes is not the only chemical that has an effect on us, the b-carbolines have a beneficial effect. Nicotine is a medicine that should not be abused and the carrier fluid in the vapor can be bad for us. The thing is that there are different combos in the different vape formulas, some are worse than others.

Each chemistry should be evaluated seperately to find out if it is ok or problematic. I'll stick with cigarettes, the vapes just aren't the same.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   

a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

I work in the industry of plant extracts maybe you should do some research?

Then why is your information off? Were talking about food grade liquid here, and nicotine being the only thing that could really cause any issues, and thats only if you take in massive quantity at once with it.....

Like I said I get checked about every 3 - 6 months from head to toe because of my "hobbies" and everything comes back healthy as a horse, ESPECIALLY my lungs....and ive been vaping since 2011
edit on 12/13/2016 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Im not trying to one up you. My information is correct, im happy for you being a weight lifter. Propylene glycol is a carcinogen, but i get it being better than smoking.. all is good, no need for us to disparage one another.

My point, is i KNOW where they derive nicotene from, # like that pays my mortgage. But hey tell a guy who actually gets paid to research, to research, the internet makes everyone think theyre a genius. I was trying to help people understand. Good for you for obfuscating that. 1 more rep.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Oh, and who is certifying your pee? Nsf, or informed choice? I work with both

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

The only 2 in the world that count

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Im not trying to one up you. My information is correct, im happy for you being a weight lifter. Propylene glycol is a carcinogen, but i get it being better than smoking.. all is good, no need for us to disparage one another.

My point, is i KNOW where they derive nicotene from, # like that pays my mortgage. But hey tell a guy who actually gets paid to research, to research, the internet makes everyone think theyre a genius. I was trying to help people understand. Good for you for obfuscating that. 1 more rep.

Well, after I facepalmed your "keep your cat away" comment confusing PG with car antifreeze, I figured I would just let it go. However, I feel your ignorance needs to be confronted given your repeat unfounded comments.

Did you know that PG is used in dry ice in nightclubs? Asthma inhalers?

These quotes are taken straight from Wiki, not from a pro vaping site.

The potential for long-term oral toxicity is also low. In one study, in 1972, 12 rats were provided with feed containing as much as 5% PG over a period of 104 weeks, and they showed no apparent ill effects; no data on offspring were offered.[30] Because of its low chronic oral toxicity, propylene glycol was classified by the U. S. Food and Drug Administration as "generally recognized as safe" (GRAS) for use as a direct food additive, including frozen foods such as ice cream and frozen desserts.[27][31]

Regarding your "carginogen" claim

Propylene glycol does not cause sensitization, and it shows no evidence of being a carcinogen or of being genotoxic.

I am blown away at how someone who claims to be in the industry of nictotine extraction can be so ignorant of one of the main uses of the end product.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: deuceawesome

I stand corrected on PG frankly I was referencing Pharma grade as a replacement for EG. I can admit I was off on PG. However it does not change my original statement as pertaining to nicotine. in whatever dose, over time, it is deliterious

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 10:00 PM
link   

You really should google "is nicotine bad for you", it's about as harmful as caffeine. Studies also show that it greatly reduces the chance of getting alzheimer's.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 11:12 PM
link   

www.atsdr.cdc.gov...

How likely is propylene glycol to cause cancer?
The Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS), the
International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC), and the
EPA have not classified propylene glycol for carcinogenicity.
Animal studies have not shown this chemical to be carcinogen.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 12:10 AM
link   

I'm going to quit smoking and wanted to go the vape route so thanks for the thread!

I bought/tried the Vuse "thingie" and it was ummm...unsatisfying to say the least. I was about to forget it, but a friend vapes and let me try his. Wow - *so* much better than Vuse.

WIsh me luck. Heading to the vape store tomorrow...

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 12:44 AM
link   
I quit smoking when I bought a vape 6 months ago, I only buy 2mg or 3mg liquid. My favorite flavour so far is called pappa smurf - I love the berry flavours! Crackerjack was also pretty good.

Don't kill the vape industry...
My olfactory nerves have just recovered from years of smoking rollies.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 01:57 AM
link   

No it is not, and if it was that would mean all B vitamins (considering what Nicotine is....) are going to kill you as well.

Your misinformation and lack of knowledge is off putting.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 09:33 AM
link   

The sad truth is that the concentrated dose of nicotine derived from vaping is still highly dangerous to your health. High blood pressure and stroke/heart disease being in the forefront.

I suspect this regulation is falling under something similar to the DSHAE laws used in the healthfoods industry to halt medical practice without a license

Dont get me wrong, I smoke cigars and I think everyone should be able to do whatever they want to their own body...just thought Id add some info

How is it concentrated? Nicotine doesn't cause stroke or heart disease. It is combustion and tar that does.
All of the studies have shown it is any different from the temporary raise in heart rate from a cup of coffee.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: MuonToGluon

No it is not, and if it was that would mean all B vitamins (considering what Nicotine is....) are going to kill you as well.

Your misinformation and lack of knowledge is off putting.

Also, nicotine is in cauliflower, eggplant, potatoes, green tomatoes, ripe tomatoes, pureed tomatoes.

New England Journal of Medicine

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Riffrafter

I'm going to quit smoking and wanted to go the vape route so thanks for the thread!

I bought/tried the Vuse "thingie" and it was ummm...unsatisfying to say the least. I was about to forget it, but a friend vapes and let me try his. Wow - *so* much better than Vuse.

WIsh me luck. Heading to the vape store tomorrow...

Good luck!!

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 09:39 AM
link   

a reply to: deuceawesome

I stand corrected on PG frankly I was referencing Pharma grade as a replacement for EG. I can admit I was off on PG. However it does not change my original statement as pertaining to nicotine. in whatever dose, over time, it is deliterious

In what way is it deliterious?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join