It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada's newsmagazine chimes in: "Russia’s American coup "

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Macleans is Canada's best-respected current-affairs magazine. Sort of like Time, but with a decidedly conservative slant. They have picked up on the Russian gambit in the recent election, and are taking it pretty seriously. So this isn't from any left-wing echo chamber or right-wing deniers.

I think we'll be living in interesting times for a while.

The U.S. is finally waking up to the fact that it has been turned into a subordinate ally to Russia, thanks to Putin and Trump Russia’s American coup

edit on 13-12-2016 by JohnnyCanuck because: good spelling is yuuuge!

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

You absolutely sure about that? lol

edit on 13-12-2016 by PillarOfFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 08:22 AM
link   
The CBC is less left-leaning than Macleans...

It reads like "Time", but is closer to "People".

No-one reads it, but half the population has a subscription, because it's the "Canadian" thing to do.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck
Mcleans is Canada's best-respected current-affairs magazine. Sort of like Time, but with a decidedly conservative slant. They have picked up on the Russian gambit in the recent election, and are taking it pretty seriously. So this isn't from any left-wing echo chamber or right-wing deniers.

I think we'll be living in interesting times for a while.

The U.S. is finally waking up to the fact that it has been turned into a subordinate ally to Russia, thanks to Putin and Trump Russia’s American coup

Are you kidding me...a conservative slant?

Mcleans has been panning, lambasting and mocking Trump ever since he entered the Primaries - and fawns over Justin Trudeau the same way the MSM in the US used to "get shivers" about Obama.

As a long time subscriber to this magazine, I have to say that they have been sliding hard left for many, many years. Nice try though...

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: gspat
The CBC is less left-leaning than Macleans...

It reads like "Time", but is closer to "People".

No-one reads it, but half the population has a subscription, because it's the "Canadian" thing to do.

Lol..so True.

My stack of them in the house is giant...probably ready 1 out of every 5 issues I get. BUT, they do some good reporting though and aren't generally outright biased. I'll have to read this one for sure.

~Tenth

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 08:33 AM
link   

What a bunch of rubbish

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: mobiusmale
Are you kidding me...a conservative slant?

It's all a matter of perspective, then. I watched them take a tilt to the right with Kenneth Whyte and he has that Postmedia stank all over him...but I digress and so do you. The bottom line is that when you think Macleans, you don't think crazies. (well, I don't...again, perspective)

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 08:39 AM
link   
The great nation that was once Canada has had its establishment usurped by batsh1t liberals like so many other western nations. That is were the real red menace lives and thrives today, in the mainstream engaged in soft mission creep.
edit on 13-12-2016 by CulturalResilience because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket

What a bunch of rubbish

As profound as you might think that sounds, can you back that up at all?

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Canadian right wing is tantamount to a conservative communist...

Move along everyone.

-Chris

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 08:41 AM
link   
More fake news about Russia. Even with the intelligence agencies all saying there is no proof.

Keep up the good work!

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Yeah, another useless media agency falling for the Russia election hacking BS narrative the CIA and Clinton Liberal camp cooked up.

Jill Stein's plan failed so now we are back at the "Blame Russia Media Spin"

Anyone who doesn't see the connections on who is causing all these problems can go ahead and see your way on the next flight to China/Iran/North Korea. They like people who will serve their government as willfull slaves.

America has plenty of hard ass, red white and blue gunslingers who will stand and defend the country they live in from corruption and outright lies to undermine and/or remove the democratic process all together.
edit on 13-12-2016 by 4N0M4LY because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: CulturalResilience
The great nation that was once Canada has had its establishment usurped by batsh1t liberals like so many other western nations. That is were the real red menace lives and thrives today, in the mainstream engaged in soft mission creep.

Actually, Canada's politics, at the core are mostly centrist. Even the most right wing or left wing members of our electorate are very moderate.

Also considering the liberal government just approved 2 very contentious pipeline projects that conservatives had a huge part in supporting and liberals were against, I would take issue with your statement.

If you can name just a few things that you would consider bad since the Liberals took office, that would be great, but otherwise, you probably have no sweet clue what you're talking about and just jumped on the anti (insert label here) bandwagon of the day.

~Tenth

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Meanwhile our country is being flooded with illegal immigrants who are being protected by the Democrats and the media for the express purpose of changing the balance of power in this country.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower
If you can name just a few things that you would consider bad since the Liberals took office, that would be great, but otherwise, you probably have no sweet clue what you're talking about and just jumped on the anti (insert label here) bandwagon of the day.

~Tenth

Your freedom of speech and thought is under major attack.

edit on 13-12-2016 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 08:45 AM
link   
It's crossed my mind too, the "coup" thing. When you appoint people to departments who are known for 'hating' that department and wanting to do away with it, it rings some bells. Or should. And then all the military he's appointed too.
It makes a sane person wonder what he's up to. It's a good thing we have a congress. I wonder if he will try to do away with that too? First time they cross him.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

These things have nothing to do with the government. These stories were prominent when conservatives were in power as well.

The Liberal Gov isn't responsible for what every crazy university student or professor has to say.

~Tenth
edit on 12/13/2016 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower

These things have nothing to do with the government.

~Tenth

Legislating speech and thought has nothing to do with government? Whaaa? Peterson would disagree with you.

You apparently know nothing about the issue.
edit on 13-12-2016 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
It's crossed my mind too, the "coup" thing. When you appoint people to departments who are known for 'hating' that department and wanting to do away with it, it rings some bells. Or should. And then all the military he's appointed too.
It makes a sane person wonder what he's up to. It's a good thing we have a congress. I wonder if he will try to do away with that too? First time they cross him.

Well its not like things have been oh so awesome prior to these appointments. I am too glad Congress is there to even the field but I know for a fact those departments haven't been doing their job to serve the people they were charged to do or doing what they were supposed to be doing.
edit on 13-12-2016 by 4N0M4LY because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Where is the legislation?

What might you be talking about?

~Tenth

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join