It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada's newsmagazine chimes in: "Russia’s American coup "

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk
Meanwhile our country is being flooded with illegal immigrants who are being protected by the Democrats and the media for the express purpose of changing the balance of power in this country.

lol!

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower
a reply to: TheBulk

Where is the legislation?

What might you be talking about?

~Tenth

Federal Bill C-16
openparliament.ca...

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: CulturalResilience
The great nation that was once Canada has had its establishment usurped by batsh1t liberals like so many other western nations. That is were the real red menace lives and thrives today, in the mainstream engaged in soft mission creep.

Actually, Canada's politics, at the core are mostly centrist. Even the most right wing or left wing members of our electorate are very moderate.

Also considering the liberal government just approved 2 very contentious pipeline projects that conservatives had a huge part in supporting and liberals were against, I would take issue with your statement.

If you can name just a few things that you would consider bad since the Liberals took office, that would be great, but otherwise, you probably have no sweet clue what you're talking about and just jumped on the anti (insert label here) bandwagon of the day.

~Tenth

I consider liberals taking office bad. The reason why is in what I posted. I take your reply as a sweet clue that you didn't engage your supermod comprehension when you read my post.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

Okay, so from the bill:

This enactment amends the Canadian Human Rights Act to add gender identity and gender expression to the list of prohibited grounds of discrimination.

The enactment also amends the Criminal Code to extend the protection against hate propaganda set out in that Act to any section of the public that is distinguished by gender identity or expression and to clearly set out that evidence that an offence was motivated by bias, prejudice or hate based on gender identity or expression constitutes an aggravating circumstance that a court must take into consideration when it imposes a sentence.

All this says is that if you use gender as a means to discriminate you're going to get in trouble. Pederson wasn't doing it to be malicious or bad.

I happen to agree with him mostly on the issue and I don't think the wording of this law would put his freedom of speech in peril.

~Tenth

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: CulturalResilience

I consider liberals taking office bad.

So you like the echo chamber. That's fine.

The reason why is in what I posted.

You had no reasons, other than you just apparently dislike liberals and think that they are all the same, in every country...

I take your reply as a sweet clue that you didn't engage your supermod comprehension when you read my post.

Oh that's cute, cause my super mod status has so much to do with this conversation. No actually, what I asked is that you provide examples as to why the liberals in my country, in their present incarnation are bad or worse than the conservative government that came before it.

Otherwise, your complaints are just emotional and useless in the context of an intelligent discussion.

~Tenth

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Federal Bill C-16
openparliament.ca...

Thanks for steering me to that legislation. I read the comments from Conservative MP Michelle Rempel and discovered to my surprise that she actually has a compassionate bone in her body...something I have doubted for a long time. You should give it a read, and maybe you won't be so angry about trans people.

Which is a little weird to engage in a thread about the reporting of Russian influence in the US elections, but ya never know what some folks hide under their beds.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

yeah when comedians are getting fined with government backing for offending audience members that government is going to the dark side really quickly.

Language policing part and parcel to thought crime which is sure to come if we dont avert the current crisis

news.vice.com...

reason.com...
edit on 13-12-2016 by tribal because: new links

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

Federal Bill C-16
openparliament.ca...

Thanks for steering me to that legislation. I read the comments from Conservative MP Michelle Rempel and discovered to my surprise that she actually has a compassionate bone in her body...something I have doubted for a long time. You should give it a read, and maybe you won't be so angry about trans people.

Not angry about trans people, just the government compelling people to play along with their delusion through force.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 09:11 AM
link   

I consider liberals taking office bad.

So you like the echo chamber. That's fine.

The reason why is in what I posted.

You had no reasons, other than you just apparently dislike liberals and think that they are all the same, in every country...

I take your reply as a sweet clue that you didn't engage your supermod comprehension when you read my post.

Oh that's cute, cause my super mod status has so much to do with this conversation. No actually, what I asked is that you provide examples as to why the liberals in my country, in their present incarnation are bad or worse than the conservative government that came before it.

Otherwise, your complaints are just emotional and useless in the context of an intelligent discussion.

~Tenth

1. My point is based on my personal observations and experience and is my own and no one else's and your boilerplate is asinine.

2. It has been my observation that liberals within the establishment of western nations have similar agendas. That is my point which you have failed to comprehend and/or (deliberately) misinterpreted and misrepresented.

3. It is not a complaint it is engagement in a conversation which is not the same thing. As to your inference that what I said is motivated by emotion, read these three points again and you may understand how your assumptions are incorrect.

I'm glad you find me cute.

edit on 13-12-2016 by CulturalResilience because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-12-2016 by CulturalResilience because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: tribal

yeah when comedians are getting fined with government backing for offending audience members that government is going to the dark side really quickly.

Language policing part and parcel to thought crime which is sure to come if we dont avert the current crisis

news.vice.com...

reason.com...

That I had not rad about..that's ridiculous.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 09:15 AM
link   

My point is based on my personal observations and experience and is my own and no one else's and your boilerplate is asinine.

For which you refuse to discuss, making your point mostly useless.

2. It has been my observation that liberals within the establishment of western nations to have similar agendas. That is my point which you have failed to comprehend and/or (deliberately) misinterpreted and misrepresented.

That's true of any political party be it conservative or liberal, yes, they generally have similar agendas, the extent and severity of which being the primary difference. Hell even Canadian Conservatives aren't as far right as moderate republicans in most instances.

And I'm sure we can discuss this like adults without further insults from either of us. My point was that you're using a broad brush to pain all liberal governments a certain way and it's just not an honest way of discussing it. We both know there are various different shades of politics.

It can't be just boiled down to they are all X.

~Tenth

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Not angry about trans people, just the government compelling people to play along with their delusion through force.

Um....sure thing.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 09:22 AM
link   
McLeans used to be a decent read but now is mostly msm driven bs. No one I know reads it anymore.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 09:26 AM
link   

My point is based on my personal observations and experience and is my own and no one else's and your boilerplate is asinine.

For which you refuse to discuss, making your point mostly useless.

2. It has been my observation that liberals within the establishment of western nations to have similar agendas. That is my point which you have failed to comprehend and/or (deliberately) misinterpreted and misrepresented.

That's true of any political party be it conservative or liberal, yes, they generally have similar agendas, the extent and severity of which being the primary difference. Hell even Canadian Conservatives aren't as far right as moderate republicans in most instances.

And I'm sure we can discuss this like adults without further insults from either of us. My point was that you're using a broad brush to pain all liberal governments a certain way and it's just not an honest way of discussing it. We both know there are various different shades of politics.

It can't be just boiled down to they are all X.

~Tenth

I have outlined my point in response to your reply to my originally stating it. if that not does count as discussion to you could you please outline what does.

I was critical of the asinine use of boilerplate to demean my point which is not an insult and was not intended as such.

Kind regards.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: tribal

news.vice.com...

reason.com...

Also, just reading this story now.

This is QC human rights tribunal, 100% independent from the Fed Gov, it's a provincial thing and all Canadians know Quebec to be the most liberal of us all and not in a good way a lot of the time.

Quebec it's basically it's own country within Canada and has more autonomy than any other province. I really hope that any instances of the above have been in Quebec and now in the other provinces that don't share it's special snow flake status.

~Tenth

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Fair enough, I apologise.

Tenth

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Tenth

I appreciate you saying so, but there really is absolutely no need to apologise my friend. I joined this site because of the lively debate and I stay because of the well mannered way in which it is conducted.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

You can't take Canadian rags seriously. They are propaganda mouthpieces like the rest of them. Just look at the cbc, briefly, lest you wish to endure further mental pollution.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

Let take a look at Time magazine Editor Nancy Gibbs.

New Time Editor Nancy Gibbs Has Lengthy Record of Liberal Goo

Time magazine has named long-time veteran Nancy Gibbs as the new Managing Editor now that Richard Stengel has (officially) joined the Obama administration. In the official announcement, Time Inc. editor-in-chief Martha Nelson declared Gibbs was “one of the most published writers in the history of the magazine, having been an essayist and lead writer on virtually every major news event of the past two decades.”

Gibbs has also been one of the most embarrassing writers of faux-literary liberal goop in the history of “news magazines.” It's not exactly positive when Stengel declared, "No one personifies Time more than Nancy Gibbs."

We’ve collected some classic clunkers below, starting with the sticky Obama valentines and moving on to tributes to Bill Clinton’s “supercharged hormones” and attacks on the “excesses” of the Reagan years:

I think that the Canadian news magazine is siding with the wrong reliable sources of time magazine either that or they are just in and infected with Hillary madness.

www.mrc.org...

edit on 13-12-2016 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: CulturalResilience

Tenth

I appreciate you saying so, but there really is absolutely no need to apologise my friend. I joined this site because of the lively debate and I stay because of the well mannered way in which it is conducted.

Meh, I can be un-mannered as much as the next person and being called out for it is a good thing when done the way it was done by you.

Having good manners means admitting when you're wrong and moving on with the conversation in a tone that was better than the previous. Thank you for checking me on that

But can I ask, is there anything specifically in Canadian liberal politics that you could point to. I'm not a partisan, I very much hated the last conservative Gov because they royally screwed just about everybody and so far, Trudeau hasn't had the same kind of effect.

It's a bit too soon to say he's doing an excellent job, but I feel like he's at least doing an adequate job.

~Tenth

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join