It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crashed UFO found by Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter ?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
you can even see the rim of the ejected debris that occurred at the crash site eons ago.

why doesn't NASA ever send Rovers to these interesting places?

They should let the public vote for places that they should check out..

They are payed by the public so it would make sense

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

The thing is it may look like something is sticking out but that's probably an optical illusion , it could as easily be sand build up in the cavity , the feature is tilted on a slope and partially shaded inside.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Yeah man, you didn't know clams came from deep space?

Geez, you need to study science.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   

I see now that it is a plate like object, yes. If you notice on the upper right side of the object, there are two spots of light. They are the tip of something that 'melted' on it. I think it's safe to say it is a planar object, and that it also seems symmetrical.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   

If it isn't flying would it be a UFO?

Trying to get those YouTube clicks GreyFace? To me this looks like an impact crater at the bottom of a cliff and debris from a landslide has back filled the crater. It will create a shape like you see from above as it slides into the crater.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider
Found in a image taken by NASA's Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter (HIRISE) shows something very strange in the northern rim of a crater in Deuteronilus on Mars.

A strange impact crater spot and an object what looks like a flying saucer.
And there also appears to be somehing that looks like tracks going out from the object, and some strange debris laying around

Definitely nothing we can identify (ie: UNIDENTIFIED Flying Object)...and its NOT flying...but it is some kind of object. (What? How would we know its crashed and was flying?)...Its really misleading. But it isnt identifiable.

We need to stop using these type terms like..."UFO-ie: space-craft).."MOTHERSHIP"..."CRASHED"...ALIEN"...and a dozen other terms...where we cannot even imply that is anything even CLOSE to what it is....sigh...

Well...for sure its something

Link Image: hirise.lpl.arizona.edu...

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I think the central mound is one of the many debris fans at the base of the slopes in this region that has been partially submerged by a fall of material.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   

For your viewing pleasure (levels adjusted):

And if you have your anaglyphs handy, here it goes in 3D (provides a good sense of elevation):

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   
For example, here's a similar area surrounded by more of the debris fans.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Someone was skipping rocks in space and that's where that one landed? Looks like a good skipping rock shape. ..lol

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I am all for mars anomalies not being 'just rocks', but this one I can't see...

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   
"Well, it doesn't look like much of anything to me.."

edit on DecemberMonday16012CST02America/Chicago-060013 by FlyInTheOintment because: spelling

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Another dose of Rockamania or Rockhitous!

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   
The flying saucer is upside down. Flip it through 180 degrees and you can see the raised hub with windows spaced along it. It looks just like a classic flying saucer.

But of course to some it is always just rock however much it resembles something artificial.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   
A closer look at the adjusted image provided by jeep3r shows that the interior doesn't protrude beyond the rim , The interior looks to be sand.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   
An area from elsewhere in the image showing a slump of material.

This suggests that slopes are unstable, and supports my idea that this is what has partially submerged one of the debris fans:

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

LOL, I was thinking the same thing.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   
It looks like a dune (like the others on that area) inside a crater.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider
The bluish color is just the filter the satellite is using

No, if that was the case then we wouldn't have brown areas on that photo.

The bluish areas are bluish sand, although the way they create the colour images (using the IR, RED, and Blue+Green channels for Red, Green and Blue, respectively) appears to exaggerate the colours.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Maybe it's a rock(et) ship?

Second line.....

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join