It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

backlit technical silhoutte on official Apollo 15 photo

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I found this on the Project Apollo website:

Here the link to the original photo

www.flickr.com...

First my sceptical side thought about a flaw in the photo. or something on the scanner the photo was processed with. But the shape looks very technical to me. Like some antennas and such.

Thanks.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: MeanMinistry

Or the hands of a wall clock on a back wall at either 10 minutes to 3...or 10 minutes after 9.

But no...

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Looks a bit like a foot print in soft sand. Toes not very visable.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

Or the hands of a wall clock on a back wall at either 10 minutes to 3...or 10 minutes after 9.

But no...

Does not compute.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger
It sort of does look like a clock.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Said by some to be a reflection of a tower structure reflecting off the transparent dome like shape covering an area on the moon.
Thanks , I asked for a good alien moonbase thread on a political thread elsewhere . There are other pictures such as this , if you research
Take it as you will.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Nice find, whatever it is. I agree it looks a bit like a clock, possibly because resemblance was mentioned and then stuck in my (foggy) head.
Besides, Moon Pigeons need to know what time it is, too!
My next thought was how it reminded me slightly of the Apollo 16 stagehand video.
This has probably been discussed here on ATS at some point or other, but what the heck...
Here it is again just for fun:

edit on 1292016 by seattlerat because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 08:28 PM
link   

About all we can do is to wonder if the reason for the image being done was not for the rather featureless dunes and a couple scraps of debris but was done to capture the strange image of something hanging in the blackness over the Moon?

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 08:44 PM
link   

No? Hey..not exactly but....?

Here is 10 minutes to 3....reverse it...and you get the other.
edit on 9-12-2016 by mysterioustranger because: flubby fingers

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

"Evenin" Relda! See my photo above...Peace! MS

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: seattlerat

Can you link me some good ATS threads on this subject please?

Thanx in advance!

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Might be of interest... William Tompkins supposedly worked on aspects of the secret space program since WWII. He claims to have watched footage at Teledyne/General Dynamics of the Apollo mission as they acted as a relay to nasa (? from memory, he has some good interviews out there for anyone wanting more accuracy. They are very up and down. One moment I think he's mad, then he goes and produces somewhat believable evidence, then he's mad again, and the loop continues
).

I can certainly see similarities between the two.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 01:29 AM
link   
I'm gonna go with a photographic/film glitch

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 02:28 AM
link   
a reply to: vlawde

I suspect so...

But...

What...

If...?

Generally speaking, I'm skeptical of these sorts of things. But every once in a very great while...something will come along and make me go "huh, what the heck?" Or words to that effect.

Nothing like a good ol' fashioned Apollo anomaly thread to get my CT juices flowing...

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 02:30 AM
link   
a reply to: constant_thought

That's a story that never gets old. Don't believe a word of it, but wouldn't it be freakin' cool? ...and scary as Hell! All at the same time.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Glitch.

There is a similar one in the next photo in the magazine

and the penultimate image in the magazine also has a major flaw in it.

Occam's razor.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 03:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: OneBigMonkeyToo
Glitch.

There is a similar one in the next photo in the magazine

and the penultimate image in the magazine also has a major flaw in it.

Occam's razor.

Yea, i see it on the top. The glowing silhoutte has nothing to do with it though, it also appears without the bright area at the top so.. it even has another angle on the 2nd photo. and just appears on these two images. Any idea how this "antenna" like structure could be explained with a glitch?

edit on 10-12-2016 by MeanMinistry because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 03:52 AM
link   

But no...

A wall clock up there on the moon? On the outside of the ship? Or inside? Even that is making me laugh

And the perspective is way wrong for it to be a reflection in some printing room back on earth.
edit on 10-12-2016 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 03:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

But no...

A wall clock up there on the moon? On the outside of the ship? Or inside? Even that is making me laugh

And the perspective is way wrong for it to be a reflection in some printing room back on earth.

I am assuming MeanMinistry meant if the photo is staged in a warehouse
edit on 10-12-2016 by gmoneystunt because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Flaw on the film, damage to the film during developing. Take a look at the last two images in the magazine for more problems.

If you look carefully on the two images you and I have posted, you can see that the flaw occurs in roughly the same place in the image, assuming you remove the part where the film doesn't seem to have advanced properly. The flaws are also not the same:

The simple explanations for the flaw, glitch, whatever, are a lot easier to explain than the more outlandish ones.
edit on 10/12/2016 by OneBigMonkeyToo because: missing word

top topics

<<   2 >>

join