It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hillary will not accept suggested electoral college overturn

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 09:15 PM
link   
So here's a story I had not read and maybe because it oddly has a future date of December 12, 2016...not really sure how that happened...any who here is the quote:

Let me quickly, however, disabuse you of any feeling you may have that I have come here to ask the Electoral College to recognize this popular vote victory by installing me as President.

I don’t. Indeed, I will give a Shermanesque statement, “if elected by the Electoral College, I shall not serve”.

So there you have it...she stated that she will not serve even if somehow the electoral vote is overturned. We can all stop bickering over the recounts and stop thinking she may still go into office....from her own words she will not regardless of outcome.

I also see this as really just saving face...she allows people to believe that this may happen, knowing a recount will do nothing and saves face by appearing to take the high ground....neat tactic.

Then she goes on to further clarify yet also go back on her previous statement:

If you, Electors, cast a majority of your ballots for us, I will immediately, within a second of stating “so help me God” in the oath of office, resign. I will write, sign and swear by whatever document is required to prevent any retreat, and I will provide that to the Electoral College before you vote.

Vice-President Kaine would automatically become President. He would choose one of his Republican Senate colleagues to be Vice-President, and together they would govern as a “government of national unity”. I think we all need that.

So now you have hee saying she would allow the being elected, would resign and give POTUS to Kaine? Put the hot headed aloof Kaine in the white house? Is she serious?

She also says he would choose one of his Republican cohorts for VP. Now this tells me one of two things...they are either heavily planning for the recital?

Anywhoo....

Source
edit on 12/8/16 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

If the EC went against Trump they wouldn't elect Clinton because it would Republican electors who would obviously want a fellow Republican.

She's done, lets just forget her.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 09:18 PM
link   
What's the source? This needs to be relayed to the protestors, unless they just like protesting for the heck of it, and enjoying the free meals and bus rides, courtesy of Soros.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 09:22 PM
link   

You got a source or should we had you to the "Fake news" list?

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

If the EC went against Trump they wouldn't elect Clinton because it would Republican electors who would obviously want a fellow Republican.

She's done, lets just forget her.

In that case wouldn't he be elected anyways since he was the choice and if she steps down temhen he would be it.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Source added...sorry about that.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Eh, link???

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 09:26 PM
link   

No, because if there are enough Republican electors who want Trump out it would be because he's grossly unqualified for the job. That basically would be their case. Will this happen? No. I think there's one Republican elector who isn't voting for Trump.

Either way, unless Trump is brought up on charges by the NYS AG because of his so called charity foundation America is stuck with him.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 09:31 PM
link   
who is this Sherman she is speaking of? wasn`t it linden johonson who said " I will not seek, and will not accept the nomination of my party"
she flatters herself if she thinks for even a second that the EC would vote for her.
edit on 8-12-2016 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 09:32 PM
link   
A blog post from HuffPo contributor... grain of salt..

about a speech that hasn't happened? grain of salt...

I would be surprised if HRC hits Philly on the 12th and reads these words...

YMMV

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 09:51 PM
link   

I love the smell of desperation.........

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Re-read your "source" article dated Dec 7.

Your source is a "hypothetical" speech that Hillary gives in the future, on Dec 12, per the article.

E.g. 100% fiction.
Fake news

There is not one Shermanesque bone in her body- Gen. Sherman would recoil at the thought.....
edit on 8-12-2016 by M5xaz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Someone needs to stop playing games and just piss off into obscurity already.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Poppycock...

That woman would absolutely kill to be President.

She would not care how she got in.

Character and honor do not exist with the Clinton's.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus
who is this Sherman she is speaking of? wasn`t it linden johonson who said " I will not seek, and will not accept the nomination of my party"
she flatters herself if she thinks for even a second that the EC would vote for her.

Gen. William Tecumseh Sherman was a US Civil War General who said "I will not accept if nominated and will not serve if elected" regarding being considered for the Republican nomination for president.

The statement has since been invoked, in varying forms, by many politicians, mostly US, but also others, and is commonly referred to as a "Shermanesque statement."

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 10:09 PM
link   
outside of the fact that this story just might be bogus...

maybe I am wrong, but I think that those electors can vote for whoever they want. and I really think that they would vote for someone other than hillary to begin with. I don't think they even need to vote for someone that was running. but again I might be wrong, but if I am, then there was a libertarian and the guy from utah that was running they probably go for over hillary. and if enough of them went for someone else, I think they just need enough to go so that trump doesn't get the required number of delegates. if no one gets that amount, I think it goes to the house or senate, both controlled by the republicans. I think we'd still get a republican president...

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 10:18 PM
link   

fake
feɪk
adjective
not genuine; imitation or counterfeit.
"she got on the plane with a fake passport"
synonyms: forgery, counterfeit, copy, sham, fraud, hoax, imitation, mock-up, dummy, reproduction, lookalike, likeness; More
noun
a thing that is not genuine; a forgery or sham.
"fakes of Old Masters"
synonyms: forgery, counterfeit, copy, sham, fraud, hoax, imitation, mock-up, dummy, reproduction, lookalike, likeness; More
verb
forge or counterfeit (something).
"she faked her spouse's signature"
synonyms: forge, counterfeit, falsify, sham, feign, mock up, copy, reproduce, replicate...

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I oh-so wish Trump had not taken prosecution off the table. If she were still running scared, we'd never have to hear what she thinks or says again ... because she'd remain silent.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 10:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
Poppycock...

That woman would absolutely kill to be President.

She would not care how she got in.

Character and honor do not exist with the Clinton's.

I agree. This looks like simple reverse psychology to me.

"Go ahead and vote me in (like you should) and I'll (take the high road ... and) decline. I've found myself to be, "Too good to become your servant."

Ahhhhahahahahaha.

I hope Trump decides the Clintons shouldn't be afforded a Secret Service protective detail any longer.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 10:46 PM
link   

For most people protesting or hoping that the EC doesn't elect Trump, it has not one thing to do with Hillary and everything to do with Trump.

It's a moot point anyway, there's not going to be enough electors refusing to elect Trump.
edit on 12/8/2016 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join