It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Earth is really shaking today!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam

Not really, but have you ever noticed when you open your mouth that there is a smell that permeates from you that draws flies?

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: LuXTeN

When are they ever truly happy, would you be if you had to witness the atrocities your own creations perpetuate on a daily basis?

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: searcherfortruth

You should get the Disaster Prediction App when it drops later this month. I'm running the beta now, it is worth every penny of my Kickstarter investment.

It is centered on space weather prediction of mag 6+ quakes, today came as no surprise to the Suspicious0bservers.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 08:59 PM
link   

That's like a no-brainer

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Bobaganoosh

So do they advocate Moon and Solar conditions as they correlate to EQ activity?

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Naw, the moon has nothing to do with this app. Mainly coronal hole streams, planetary geometry, cme/sunspot activity.

There is more to it than that, but I'm still learning for myself and don't want to misquote anything.

edit on 9-12-2016 by Bobaganoosh because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Weird,. I remember right before the Japan quake my internet went out. Was looking at seismographs,. Was like "holy cow" then blam, nothing.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 07:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: searcherfortruth
a reply to: phoenixlights321

Watch this spot here and see if something doesn't pop there, today or the next 48 hours.

Guess I nailed this one, huh?

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Okay, I didn't use any prediction service for the one I made about SA/CA , check out the purple circle. dead on.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Right on. Just showing you a resource.

Here's the morning news.

The earthquake stuff interests me. It's what brought me to ATS a number of years ago.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: BadBoYeed

Weird,. I remember right before the Japan quake my internet went out. Was looking at seismographs,. Was like "holy cow" then blam, nothing.

I have noticed this more than a few times as i have been using wifi for the last 5 years rather than a ethernet cable to connect i can normally tell when something big is going to happen by the way my internet behaves

edit on 9/12/2016 by stonerwilliam because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Well it attracted you
maybe it is something in your genes

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Very interesting... Bout fell out of my chair here at work when I heard "Al Gore's nemesis, record cold. . ."

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Could this green circle be next?

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   
it seems another person has a quite different cause for the deep EQs,

CERN is generating 'Strangelets', sub atomic particles which have more firepower in them than atomic bombs

see: kevbakershow.com...

Massive Earthquakes & The CERN Strangelet Connection with Anthony Patch

By Kev Baker on December 9, 2016

I made mention of 'strangelets' are dense enough to sink to the Earth core and become trapped there to either decay or 'shed their energy'... which might cause EQs deep in the Mantle layer and shock wave upward to the thinner Earth Crust region (say 40 or more km deep)

read the text in the link or see & hear the video... Cern is in the antipodal position (opposite side of planet) from the Solomon Island EQ region

the increased activity & higher magnitude EQs are not from the typical reasons...
the EQs are because of CERN & the strange Quantum particles being unleashed on our dimension from forces we should not be fooling with

ADD. that Green circle you noted looks about at
Indonesia or Malaysia for a soon to be high energy Quake

sounds like possible to me

edit on th31148130221709502016 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

Nope, the green circle is Japan.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: greecelightning

Do you have any links regarding recent ETS activity?

Btw, in that post you mentioned talking about the slow slip earthquake, you were wrong about the signal being that. This is what ETS looks like on seismos:

This includes spectrographic analysis, but you can see that the trace looks nothing at all like the telemetry error you characterized as belonging to a slow slip quake. This is beside the fact that the signals were on stations that were nowhere near the pacific northwest.

You were correct in that ETS sometimes precedes larger quakes, however:

Large earthquakes that hit places such as Japan seem to be preceded by subtle and silent deformation. Uchida et al. show that these “slow-slip events” are quasi-periodic in the megathrust zone in Japan. Slow-slip events occurred every 1 to 6 years and frequently were correlated with large earthquakes, including the great 2011 Tohoku-oki earthquake. The quasi-periodic behavior stretches back to at least 1930 and provides an important constraint for seismic hazard assessment in the region.

The interesting thing about this ETS is that they release as much energy as one of the megaquakes only it is done over a period of time rather than all at once. If you understand the logarithmic scale of quake magnitudes, you know that this is a tremendous amount of energy.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   
This has been like a pressure cooker releasing steam for over 24 hours now and many of these have begun to be more shallow in instance.

After shocks are normal, but this many in such a short period of time with a fluctuation of depth, that Ocean has to be rolling pretty good or bad, depending on subjective eyes.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Actually, after shocks may be normal in some instances, but I have to point out, not all EQ's come with after shocks, so not sure HOW normal this behavior is.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

Cern is in the antipodal position (opposite side of planet) from the Solomon Island EQ region

Not quite:

The Cern antipode is off the coast of New Zeland, Cern on the left:

The solomon Islands antipode is off the coast of Africa, Solomon Islands on the left:

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join