It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Earth is really shaking today!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   

This picture says it all.

But here is a story, Rescuers scrabble for survivors as Indonesia quake kills 97

Dozens have died as a 6.5-magnitude earthquake strikes western Indonesia Dozens have died as a 6.5-magnitude earthquake strikes western Indonesia (AFP Photo/Zian Muttaqien) Rescuers scrabbled through the rubble of shattered homes, shops and mosques in search of survivors Wednesday after a powerful earthquake struck western Indonesia and killed at least 97 people. The shallow 6.5-magnitude quake struck Aceh province, one of the areas worst affected by the devastating 2004 tsunami, at dawn as many in the mainly Muslim region on Sumatra island were preparing for morning prayers.

The California quake may not be the BIG one, but it could be the precursor. Heads up. Poor Hawaii in the middle.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   
It does seem like the fault line encompassing the pacific is quite active today. Can an expert in this verify if this is normal in terms of amount and how powerful?

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: bknapple32

I think we are just seeing the tip of the iceberg here, I bet there will be more sizable quakes to come in the next 48 hours all around the ring of fire.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Man, things are heating up. I wonder when Cascadia is gonna let loose.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: searcherfortruth

Just since I started this thread.

edit on 12-8-2016 by searcherfortruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I have rainmeter on my computer and one of the plugins is an earthquake and tropical storm map. There were earthquakes all around that/those fault line(s) (the one that goes around the entire pacific) forming a circle of earthquake dots. Seemed as if the Earth was loosening up. Now with these big quakes it seems like something might be happening. This was like 1-2 weeks ago.

Very interesting.

Edit: Just figured out that it's called the Ring of Fire. You learn something new everyday!
edit on 8-12-2016 by Kuroodo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Kuroodo

Ring of Fire

The Ring of Fire is a major area in the basin of the Pacific Ocean where a large number of earthquakes and volcanic eruptions occur. In a 40,000 km (25,000 mi) horseshoe shape, it is associated with a nearly continuous series of oceanic trenches, volcanic arcs, and volcanic belts and/or plate movements. It has 452 volcanoes (more than 75% of the world's active and dormant volcanoes).[1] The Ring of Fire is sometimes called the circum-Pacific belt.

Yep, there she blows.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: phoenixlights321

Watch this spot here and see if something doesn't pop there, today or the next 48 hours.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   
This has to be affecting NZ and sending reverberations to all of the islands in that area, including The Mother Land OZ.

69km W of Kirakira, Solomon Islands, many after shocks in the 5 point range have occurred in the past 4 hours.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Crazy! You nailed it. The Ring Fire watch today and then the Solomons get shaken. Buy a lotto ticket!

Ring of Fire is definitely active. The AK quakes (Fairbanks is in the interior but there was one also off the Aleutian peninsula) are mild. If we get one in Anchorage, I will give a first hand account.

There is also one off of the Kamchatka peninsula... not scared, but alert.

ETA (google, AK general search):
Fairbanks: M 4.6
Aleutian: M 3.5
Kamchatka: 3 days ago, M 6 then a couple more two days ago, M 3.8, 3.6
edit on 8-12-2016 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: results and magnitudes

edit on 8-12-2016 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: formatting nazi

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Lots of activity on USGS near the Solomon islands.

6 recordings within the last hour all above 5.0. Aftershocks??

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 05:57 PM
link   
said it before and I will say it again. there was a slow slip earthquake in the usa a week ago. I said there will be a big earthquake two weeks after. this 6.5 was a foreshock. its going to be a massive earthquake in the next few days. just like japan .

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: AutonomousMind

Fortunately, these have all been relatively deep, but it is a bit disconcerting to say the least, and SA has received a jolt lately of sizable proportions along with CA and AK, even China got in the mix today.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: greecelightning

Yes CA has not had this much activity in sometime, particularly Ferndale and that is a very problematic area, if there is a major jolt there watch out.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Most of the time, I just observe and really nothing out of the extreme ordinary, but just have this feeling we are due for something major soon, next 48 hours is treacherous to me for some reason. Hopefully, I am wrong, but I did suggest 2 weeks ago that CA was due, still this is mild compared to what I have been expecting.

I do not live anywhere near any of these trouble areas, but I have many friends that would be affected.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   

There was one just South of this purple circle in Peru and another one hit Columbia, I think. Shortly after I posted this.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: phoenixlights321
Man, things are heating up. I wonder when Cascadia is gonna let loose.

Hopefully not now, or ever really! We're about to be in the middle of a snow storm, big event for the area.

Here's an article,

There were no concerns of a possible tsunami being generated from the earthquake, according to the National Weather Service.

Other states that could have been affected include Oregon, Washington and Alaska. The same area experienced a much milder earthquake of a magnitude-2.8 last week, USGS reported at the time. There were no injuries reported in that case, either.
TextSource

So far haven't felt or heard anything beyond the California coast quake news.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: greecelightning
said it before and I will say it again. there was a slow slip earthquake in the usa a week ago. I said there will be a big earthquake two weeks after. this 6.5 was a foreshock. its going to be a massive earthquake in the next few days. just like japan .

Here is where you said so: Seismographs detect strange disturbance all across North America?

I remember. And I hope that we do not have two earthquake prognosticators here on ATS!

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I have noticed for 3-4 years now that every time my internet wifi is slow that there is a earthquake about to happen or happening somewhere anyone else notice this

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   

The Gods aren't very happy right now.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join