It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something strange is ongoing at Antarctica.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: MysterX

What about the portion of the ice that is over a third of a mile higher than the water level?

Are you saying that huge amount of ice, which is presently out of the water, so is not adding to the water level (yet) will not have any effect on the sea levels if it were to fall into the sea?

As the ice sheet is already over water, then no it wouldn't further raise sea levels - it is the old ice cube in a glass scenario. Only ice sheets above land would add to water heights.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

Operation Deep Freeze is a 40 nation (plus now) scientific programme to determine everything they can about Antarctica (for example, how it affects ocean currents, how the cold air influences global weather patterns, what wildlife there is, etc, etc).

The reason the military ran it is because they were best equipped to deal with that environment and to transport goods / machinery for the scientists involved. It is also an amzing place to study meteorites because they are easy to find after crashing down.

I would love for there to be some huge mystery reason for them being there but, at present, it would appear not.

As to why do politicians love going for a visit - well, it gives them credibility at the next climate talks. They get pats on the back and further enhancement of career prospects. That may sound cynical but..........

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Yes it is very interesting OP. I was quite shocked at the pope and the krill meeting that came quite out of the blue.
Interesting to note last year Russia sent a large expedition there and that apparently 80% of the world's fresh water comes from there. I wonder if it's about water deals considering water may be the oil of the future?
I think this is a relevant and interesting article .

sevendaynews.com...

I won't mention the Russian scientist in the uk claiming to have been on the expedition to Antarctica when his colleague fell into the water and got eaten by a twelve legged octtopus.Or that Putin is weaponising it's amazing powers of hypnotism.!

Then again...talk about msn #fakenews

www.express.co.uk...
edit on 8-12-2016 by Blackmoth because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-12-2016 by Blackmoth because: Sorry it's actually a 14 legged squid .

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flavian

originally posted by: MysterX

What about the portion of the ice that is over a third of a mile higher than the water level?

Are you saying that huge amount of ice, which is presently out of the water, so is not adding to the water level (yet) will not have any effect on the sea levels if it were to fall into the sea?

As the ice sheet is already over water, then no it wouldn't further raise sea levels - it is the old ice cube in a glass scenario. Only ice sheets above land would add to water heights.

The worry I would think would be the added fresh water the the world conveyer system.

There is strong evidence that such a shutdown has happened in the past, drastically altering the world’s climate in just a matter of years.

oceanmotion.org...

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

Can't argue with that.

You never know though, we may strike lucky next year. The last time El Nino was as strong as this year (with record heat), the following La Nina caused record colds globally. Fingers crossed.............

+4 more 
posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Well it seems Buz sent a tweet saying we are all in danger and then it disappeared.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy
Well it seems Buz sent a tweet saying we are all in danger and then it disappeared.

Is this for real?

If so - source for tweet snapshot?

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   
No time@date.
Fake?

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I've quickly browsed the thread and I found quite a bit of people denying hollow earth with the same nonchalance as they would flat earth.

A small disclaimer first:

I don't know whether the earth is round, flat, hollow or concave. I also know that unless you're an astronaut, you don't know either. You either chose to accept the official story or you don't, in the latter u can chose any of the other theories to adhere to.

That said, having a (limited) education (2 years uni) in physics, I still have genuine questions raised by alot of these conspiracy videos, and the truth is so does science. There's plenty of, legitimate, questions that can be asked regarding our round earth model. Now, I have to admit there's alot of lesser-educated (to put it nicely) people going about it the wrong way, and I can't help but cringe every time I watch a flat earth video raise trivial questions or use flawed evidence. But that doesn't do away with all the other videos (and articles/notes/books) I've read that do raise legitimate questions. Regardless what the earth really is, Antartica is common ground for all of these theories.

Looking into the Hollow earth theory (which I'm currently leaning towards believing), I've found some pretty astonishing clues. There is, for example, a scientific record for holes at the North and South Pole. U can remain within the belief-system of modern day science and still admit to the fact there are pretty severe anomalies at the poles. U can google satellite images from the actual, physical holes, and there's plenty of mainstream science articles about the extreme magnetic anomalies at the poles. If u add, on top of the scientifically evidence, the stories of Admiral bird, Hitler's obsession with Antartica, operation HIgh jump, ... you've got the perfect recipe for a good conspiracy.

There is something going on Antartica, and the conspiracy theorist inside me tells me it's big. Wether it's something as mundane as Global Warming or something more sinister, I guess we'll have to wait and see. Altough for once, mainstream science and conspiracy theorists seem to agree: time is running out!

Watching this topic (antartic) like a hawk the comming weeks/months!

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vechthaan
I've quickly browsed the thread and I found quite a bit of people denying hollow earth with the same nonchalance as they would flat earth.

A small disclaimer first:

I don't know whether the earth is round, flat, hollow or concave. I also know that unless you're an astronaut, you don't know either. You either chose to accept the official story or you don't, in the latter u can chose any of the other theories to adhere to.

That said, having a (limited) education (2 years uni) in physics, I still have genuine questions raised by alot of these conspiracy videos, and the truth is so does science. There's plenty of, legitimate, questions that can be asked regarding our round earth model. Now, I have to admit there's alot of lesser-educated (to put it nicely) people going about it the wrong way, and I can't help but cringe every time I watch a flat earth video raise trivial questions or use flawed evidence. But that doesn't do away with all the other videos (and articles/notes/books) I've read that do raise legitimate questions. Regardless what the earth really is, Antartica is common ground for all of these theories.

Looking into the Hollow earth theory (which I'm currently leaning towards believing), I've found some pretty astonishing clues. There is, for example, a scientific record for holes at the North and South Pole. U can remain within the belief-system of modern day science and still admit to the fact there are pretty severe anomalies at the poles. U can google satellite images from the actual, physical holes, and there's plenty of mainstream science articles about the extreme magnetic anomalies at the poles. If u add, on top of the scientifically evidence, the stories of Admiral bird, Hitler's obsession with Antartica, operation HIgh jump, ... you've got the perfect recipe for a good conspiracy.

There is something going on Antartica, and the conspiracy theorist inside me tells me it's big. Wether it's something as mundane as Global Warming or something more sinister, I guess we'll have to wait and see. Altough for once, mainstream science and conspiracy theorists seem to agree: time is running out!

Watching this topic (antartic) like a hawk the comming weeks/months!

Love it when people mention Byrd. One mans accounts are enough to bypass mountains of evidence and science and FACT.

I guess if you want to believe in something enough, you will grasp at any straw.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Very interesting thread. During the course of which, I noticed the Hollow Earth theory brought up.
I should point out that I don't take it literally, rather I think vast caverns.

For those who have time and like reading about such things, I read this a while ago and would like to share.
The Underground Empire 1-7
www.whipnet.com...
Did a few beings from the previous era of advance civilization escape and flee underground? Perhaps and that is something I subscribe to.
This all ends up pointing towards the hollow earth spectrum. I don't think it would be that hard to maintain a secret of an advance people(s) who wish to be left alone. In collaboration with any other nation on the poles, a number below 10, of course the leading superpowers can keep this on need to know.

Great thread, S+F

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   
"Delaware (US) (6,452 km²) is 11.28 times as big as Isle of Man (572 km²)

I remember a few years back an article describing what would happen if a flank collapse from an active Cum'bre Vieja on the Canary Islands.The article then went onto compare the size of the flank , to be as big as the Isle of man. If the outcome of that incident were as catastrophic as described , Imagine something 12 times larger collapsing.

I read somewhere recently that their is some massive barrier of ice that would have contained the displacement , but due to some strange solar wind anomaly , that barrier is melting rapidly .

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   

I don't know whether the earth is round, flat, hollow or concave. I also know that unless you're an astronaut, you don't know either.

Quite incorrect. There are any number of ways to prove it's not flat or concave which you can do for yourself. Having a friend in another time zone with a phone is probably the simplest.

U can google satellite images from the actual, physical holes,

No, not really. The poles are hard to image from equatorial orbiters, and polar orbiters tend to be small because it's hard to get a big imaging sat into polar orbit. So most detailed images on the net don't have polar views, because they can't 'see' the pole from their orbit.

and there's plenty of mainstream science articles about the extreme magnetic anomalies at the poles.

Which you'd expect, since the magnetic poles are relatively close to the rotational poles.

Something to consider - if the Earth were hollow, you can't have a central sun. I know it's a hallmark of most hollow earth stories. But it's not going to happen.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
I don't think it would be that hard to maintain a secret of an advance people(s) who wish to be left alone. In collaboration with any other nation on the poles, a number below 10, of course the leading superpowers can keep this on need to know.

Alas! for only about $48,000 USD, you can go to the South Pole. It's less for the North pole.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

originally posted by: Bedlam

originally posted by: Gothmog

originally posted by: Riffrafter
a reply to: DeathSlayer

And why the *hell* was 86 year old Buzz Aldrin just evacuated from Antarctica?

Can anyone give me one valid reason that an 86 year old ex-astronaut would be at the South Pole?

This makes absolutely *no* sense to me...

Better question (to go along with yours) What the hell is the US Secretary of State doing there ?

Enjoying the exquisite cuisine and hearty climate? Besides, where else do you get penguins?

There is the penguins...

And dont forget about the wikileaks cable (diplomatic cables) from '73 or '74 about the trsnsport of "frozen penguin pineal glands". The pineal gland of course being related to all kinds of mystical "3rd eye" etc speculation. Rene Descartes called it "the seat of the soul".

Possibly related? Maybe not.

Maybe when this giant crack widens or breaks off it will expose part of a giant D.U.M.B. and so they are scrambling to find a solution.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: MysterX

makes no difference it is SEA ICE it is already floating and has displaced as much ocean at it is going to yes this is
a large chunk but nothing unusual for the area.
there have been larger but even so this one poses no hazard to anything and will be tracked and studied until it melts.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Riffrafter

Saw it on another ATS type website all they said it it was immediately taken down, the guy always seems honest so if he said it was there and he grabbed it and it was removed I would believe just that.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Something to consider - if the Earth were hollow, you can't have a central sun. I know it's a hallmark of most hollow earth stories. But it's not going to happen.

Oh.. ?

That's quite a bold statement,

Care to deliberate why we , them, or even you can not have a central sun ?

If "our" sun keeps our solar system together, why cant a central sun in a body, keep the body together ?

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: EartOccupant

Oh.. ?

That's quite a bold statement,

Care to deliberate why we , them, or even you can not have a central sun ?

If "our" sun keeps our solar system together, why cant a central sun in a body, keep the body together ?

With all due respect, it's not a bold statement at all. Contrary to what many ATSers think, we do actually understand quite a bit about our planet an how things work. All backed up by experimental data, decades of it, I might add.

Obviously we don't know everything, nor do we pretend to, but we understand enough about nuclear physics, geology, plate tectonics, wave propagation etc to know there is no way out planet is hollow, let Ali e with an "inner sun"

Forgive me for not positing links but I'm on a crappy iPhone 3 in a cab on the way home and a bit drunk

That bein said, I'll reitirate. What bedlam said is not a bold statement.

Looking for oil, gas, earthquake research etc... All these are highly scientific fields. The guys and girls operating in this field Wild have not achieves wat they have if out earth model was so wrong.
edit on 8-12-2016 by 3danimator2014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: ShayneJUK
a reply to: MysterX

makes no difference it is SEA ICE it is already floating and has displaced as much ocean at it is going to yes this is
a large chunk but nothing unusual for the area.
there have been larger but even so this one poses no hazard to anything and will be tracked and studied until it melts.

It's not all sea ice.

There are huge chunks about to break off from the mainland and then slide into the sea.

Some from as far as 20 miles inland.

*20 miles*...

Wow.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join