It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something strange is ongoing at Antarctica.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 02:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

originally posted by: Riffrafter
a reply to: DeathSlayer

And why the *hell* was 86 year old Buzz Aldrin just evacuated from Antarctica?

Can anyone give me one valid reason that an 86 year old ex-astronaut would be at the South Pole?

This makes absolutely *no* sense to me...

Better question (to go along with yours) What the hell is the US Secretary of State doing there ?

Enjoying the exquisite cuisine and hearty climate? Besides, where else do you get penguins?

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 02:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

The whole "nothing to see here" crap just doesn't wash anymore.

Given the nature of ice transport in Antarctica, you have to assume it HAS happened before. It flows from the center out and breaks off into the ocean. That's how it works. Sometimes it's going to have really large ice shelves break off.

I know what you're saying, and I don't disagree in the vast eons of time, but has anything ever been seen like this in recorded history?

Very little sea ice at the North Pole, glaciers calving like there's no tomorrow in the south pole - well inland too, and we shouldn't be paying attention?

You're a smart guy - you don't think it deserves further study as to future consequences if things don't change?

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 03:02 AM
link   

I know what you're saying, and I don't disagree in the vast eons of time, but has anything ever been seen like this in recorded history?

I'm not sure that's relevant, if we don't have a baseline to compare it to.

Very little sea ice at the North Pole, glaciers calving like there's no tomorrow in the south pole - well inland too, and we shouldn't be paying attention?

While the North polar ice pack is at a minimum for winter, I think the South polar ice pack is at a very high level this year.

What's going to be interesting is the next few years of solar minimums and reduced solar output.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 03:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Matrix76
If this ice shelf is over water it'll have no effect on sea levels when it melts. Sea levels will only rise if ice over the land mass of Antartica, Greenland, etc. melt and enter the sea.

What about the portion of the ice that is over a third of a mile higher than the water level?

Are you saying that huge amount of ice, which is presently out of the water, so is not adding to the water level (yet) will not have any effect on the sea levels if it were to fall into the sea?

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Enjoying the exquisite cuisine and hearty climate? Besides, where else do you get penguins?

I've seen a few in the supermarket...and zoos.

edit on 8 12 2016 by MysterX because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Can anyone give me one valid reason that an 86 year old ex-astronaut would be at the South Pole?

Better question (to go along with yours) What the hell is the US Secretary of State doing there ?

They sell them locally !!

www.mcvities.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 04:02 AM
link   

There is the penguins...

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 04:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

This is one puzzle why the Secretary of State got involved. It must deal with U.S. national security which to me means.... trouble ahead.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Probably reckon there's a danger to the US coastlines and low lying towns and cities if a big enough chunk broke off and caused a tsunami.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 05:07 AM
link   
I remember this one in 2010, almost twice the size of Delaware, nothing to worry about:
Largest Ice Berg ever recorded

Australia, NZ, South America and not sure about South Africa.

edit on 8/12/16 by Cinrad because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Well if this thing calves I'm calling dibs and I'm calling it Gihidmland (God I hope it Doesn't Melt Land) and I will be free to sail the seven seas on my very own ice kingdom. Penguins will be free of any property taxes everybody else has to pay.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 05:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Cinrad

Ah, but those aren't ELEMENTARY penguins, you see. Nor are Australian penguins explosive.

edit on 8-12-2016 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 05:37 AM
link   

a reply to: Cinrad

Ah, but those aren't ELEMENTARY penguins, you see. Nor are Australian penguins explosive.

They are with a firework shoved up their bum.

You should see 'em. And they say Penguins can't fly.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 06:26 AM
link   

I think it's exciting!

Not hollow Earth but a honey-combed interior populated with many different civilizations. Not a "master" race living inside of the earth, which was perverted into a destructive, nightmare scenario on the surface by the Nazis, but a race of pure humans, whose genetic ancestry has not been polluted and tampered with by invading non-terrestrials over the eons as has happened to the surface dwellers.

I think there are meetings taking place with some of these internal dwellers which is the why of the sojourns by Kerry, Obama, the Pope, etc., and facilitated by Patriarch Kirill and Putin. This is a huge shift.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 06:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance
I was mildly interested up until I got to the stupid hollow Earth video. You might wanna remove that if you want anyone to take you seriously.

I tuned out at WikiLeaks.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 07:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Riffrafter

He was on vacation?

He got lost on the way to the grocery store?

He is the leader of a secret cabal of real Nazis residing there?

He is Trump's ambassador to Antarctica?

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Please keep to the topic: Antarctica

And please do not reply to this post.

Thanks

bigfatfurrytexan
ATS Staff

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: tweetie

I think it's exciting!

Not hollow Earth but a honey-combed interior populated with many different civilizations. Not a "master" race living inside of the earth, which was perverted into a destructive, nightmare scenario on the surface by the Nazis, but a race of pure humans, whose genetic ancestry has not been polluted and tampered with by invading non-terrestrials over the eons as has happened to the surface dwellers.

I think there are meetings taking place with some of these internal dwellers which is the why of the sojourns by Kerry, Obama, the Pope, etc., and facilitated by Patriarch Kirill and Putin. This is a huge shift.

I agree. To have religious leaders, astronaut, politicians and others we don't know who have visited the Antartica in recent months and talk after almost one thousand years (roman Catholic Church and Russia Patriarch Kirill) shows it MUST be an earth changing event on the horizon otherwise why all the sudden a great interest worldwide concerning the Antartica.

People need to be able to read between the lines and what is between these lines... could be an ELE event in our NEAR future.

edit on 8-12-2016 by DeathSlayer because: (no reason given)

+22 more 
posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Joke joke joke joke. [insert political joke] 2 whole pages of jokes on a thread that is seriously interesting and would have fostered an interesting discussion in years past. I know the internet has changed, but this isn't reddit or 4chan. If u aren't interested in the thread, then please don't graffiti it up with lameness. But, it's how everyone gets cool points online, bro!

The US has been interested in Antarctica since the 1950's. And the nazi's before that. There's something going on. Idk if it's truly underground bunkers or the gov trying to study ice sheets trying desperately to find a way to prevent them from melting or ufo's or what. But something is going on there. It's not all just glacial melting and continental drift. Maybe they are worried because the underground bunkers they built there are now in danger of being exposed by ice melt or possibly flooded. Maybe it's all hooey and Mother Earth is just ready to wash us off her back and be done with us. Idk. But something is going on.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I found this article and thought some might be interested.

I personally believe we are seeing (Climate Change) maybe not a death sentence to our planet, but as some have suggested, just part of our earth's natural changing climate.

I don't understand alot of this stuff, but I do try to keep an open mind and realize that even the scientists don't fully understand.

Anyway, enjoy the article.

www.washingtonpost.com... 9ed2641c

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join