It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama White House Press Secretary: “Embittered” Pearl Harbor Survivors Need to Get Over It

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 11:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
a reply to: xuenchen

This guy Josh Earnest is a Double Speaking , Terrible Liar , PC , A Hole . How many Years now has this Idiot been Spewing Obama's Propaganda , and UnAmerican Values ? Just Listening to him Speak you can see the Guy is Lying through his Teeth every time he Speaks to the Media . Thank God this Ass Clown will be Gone for Good come Jan. 21st .

Do you have a source for this or going to claim it as op ed?

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 11:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: misskat1
So how many generations is it going to take before the US and Japan makes an effort to heal the wounds from the horrors of War?

I think its different for us versus those that lived through the attacks.

How many concentration camp survivors forgave the Nazi's?

Awesome Point

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 11:42 PM
link   
a reply to: misskat1

Maybe they do and have.

I personally have no animosity towards the Japanese people. But then again, I never fought them in a war.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 11:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: BubbaJoe

This guy Josh Earnest is a Double Speaking , Terrible Liar , PC , A Hole . How many Years now has this Idiot been Spewing Obama's Propaganda , and UnAmerican Values ? Just Listening to him Speak you can see the Guy is Lying through his Teeth every time he Speaks to the Media . Thank God this Ass Clown will be Gone for Good come Jan. 21st .

Lol, that's all you got.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 11:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimSmith

Here is the transcript: Would you mind directing me to the part where he says "get over it"? Thank you in advance.

www.whitehouse.gov...

the mission of the OP was accomplished, why would they chime in the thread again when the next thread of similar value is just a click away. the best/worst thing is the people who takes these thread as facts....

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 11:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

Lol, that's all you got.

Basically I am just being a dick, this guy claimed something with no source, going to ask him for one.
edit on 12/7/2016 by BubbaJoe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I am sorry, am not a Trump supporter, am just hoping he doesn't f things up too bad. You trumpsters are on my radar though.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 11:50 PM
link   

I am sorry, am not a Trump supporter, am just hoping he doesn't f things up too bad. You trumpsters are on my radar though.

Apparently we're on everyone's radar. Cars still getting trashed, death threats. . . . . . .

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 12:09 AM
link   

#### you, Obama.

Do you even read before posting anymore ?

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 12:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: buddah6
There is nothing that Obama and his minions can't politicize. I find him repugnant and so anti-American than any enemy that I've ever faced. I can't pray hard enough for 1-20-17 to come quickly.

I look forward to pissing on his grave.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 12:16 AM
link   
a reply to: ErrorErrorError

That's basically my opinion of him regardless.

So I'm good with it.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 03:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963
...POW status as being a hero

Since when is being captured and imprisoned heroic?
On Bizarro World? *__-

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Apparently we're on everyone's radar. Cars still getting trashed, death threats. . . . . . .

That is not my gig, and I do not approve, there are better ways to accomplish the things that need to be accomplished.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 07:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

Nice spin, however here is what was actually said:

MR. EARNEST: Listen, I can’t speak for every single American and how they will respond to or react to this particular situation. If I were a World War II veteran who was drafted by the United States military to go and fight for our country overseas in the aftermath of the Pearl Harbor attack, I might feel quite embittered. And I think it would be a perfectly natural and understandable human reaction to not be particularly satisfied with the words of the Japanese Prime Minister.

But I think the thing that we know about the Greatest Generation of Americans is they’re anything -- well, let me say it this way. This Greatest Generation of Americans, I think we take a risk if we underestimate their patriotism and their capacity to set aside their own personal interests and prioritize the ambition and opportunity of the American people.

And so, yes, there may be some who feel personally embittered. But I’m confident that many will set aside their own personal bitterness, not because they’re personally satisfied by the words of the Prime Minister, but because they recognize how important this moment is for the United States. And that’s certainly why they qualify to be described as the greatest generation.

Transcript

Hardly the same as saying "Get over it".

From reading the OP, it seemed pretty obvious that this was someone's obviously wrong interpretation of what was said. It very clearly avoids writing what was actually said. Very anti-American divide and conquer strategy of "The Daily Caller."

Thank you for saving me the 6 seconds it probably would have taken to search out the actual, nothing-at-all-like-what-was-implied-by-The-Daily-Caller quote.

Daily Caller & OP: Epic Fail of the Week!!

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Syphon

I dont agree with not forgiving a gesture of friendship, I agree that we can at the very least allow a Japanese official to visit memorials. The Japanese have been very apologetic about WW2 occurrences.

The "Get over it" is patronizing to people who lived through it. PTSD is a given, can you really tell someone wiht a mental disorder to just get over it? Let them ruin their own day if at all, dont advise veterans how to deal with something so personal.

Dont like old guys who are a little racist? Get over it.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

originally posted by: Steak
BLM should just get over any percieved injustices also...

A: Nobody is telling anyone to "get over" anything. That is just false which you would know if you'd just read the information provided.

B: BLM's "perceived injustices" are still happening now, in the current time, not 75 years ago.

C: Just to say it again because I'm sure you've already dismissed it. Nobody is saying to anyone to "Get over it" or to forget how they feel about anything that has happened in the past. They're simply relying on their ability to act in the best interest of their country because they are The Greatest Generation and understand the importance of this. It's actually a compliment and is honoring their ability to put the needs of the country above their own feelings. Something that is clearly extinct in the generations of today.

Just get over it already...

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Aeshma

Wait wait wait, no I sure didn't!

I pointed out the other side of the story, that you elected to leave out. Japan got the snot kicked out of them. They got the snot kicked out of them because of their atrocities.

Of course you took that as some form of mitigation, which it wasn't. The fact remains that if Japan hadn't made it more than clear they were going to go out of their way to kill as many people as they could before they themselves were killed, not nearly so many of them would have been killed.

It's simple freaking math - when an entire battalion is wiped out, that's 800-odd deaths. How many of those could have been alive if it weren't for the decision to continue fighting? Who's to say definitively, but it's sure as hell a lot more than "zero."

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Look , I am no obama supporter or fan, but I do agree with what Josh Earnest said. Maybe he could have chosen a different way to say it. At some point you need to move on and stop dwelling in the past. I am not saying forget it but just move on

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Your tears sustain me....

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I read the OP's link and I don't see anything seriously wrong with it. It doesn't quote the WH Press Secretary verbatim, but it's close enough. He does essentially say get over it for the sake of America, just more long winded. Some take offense to that. But to sum this all up, I think we're making a mountain out of a molehill. I feel like a fool already.

Link to full text below:
www.whitehouse.gov - Press Briefing by Press Secretary Josh Earnest, 12/5/16...

This is the last part of his statements:

And so, yes, there may be some who feel personally embittered. But I’m confident that many will set aside their own personal bitterness, not because they’re personally satisfied by the words of the Prime Minister, but because they recognize how important this moment is for the United States. And that’s certainly why they qualify to be described as the greatest generation.

I agree we're just licking wound with Japan because... China. And maybe because it's the 75th anniversary. Maybe 75 has special meaning.

www.bbc.com - How uninhabited islands soured China-Japan ties...
www.cnbc.com - China and the Philippines could ink oil exploration deal in South China Sea...
edit on 12/8/2016 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join