It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama White House Press Secretary: “Embittered” Pearl Harbor Survivors Need to Get Over It

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aeshma
a reply to: Vasa Croe

You realize you killed infinitely more japanese than they ever kiled americans

That's not hard to do when their mentality forced them to literally fight to the death rather than surrender or be captured, so your point is utterly moot.

And if you wanna go down that road, then we should probably also "realize" how many millions more the Japanese killed in Asia than they had killed in their homeland.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

What does that even mean and what does it have to do with the OP posting flat out lies all because of his politics? Speaking of feelings, this lie is meant to hurt feelings so do you agree posting lies is a bad thing?

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   
BLM should just get over any percieved injustices also...

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Steak
BLM should just get over any percieved injustices also...

A: Nobody is telling anyone to "get over" anything. That is just false which you would know if you'd just read the information provided.

B: BLM's "perceived injustices" are still happening now, in the current time, not 75 years ago.

C: Just to say it again because I'm sure you've already dismissed it. Nobody is saying to anyone to "Get over it" or to forget how they feel about anything that has happened in the past. They're simply relying on their ability to act in the best interest of their country because they are The Greatest Generation and understand the importance of this. It's actually a compliment and is honoring their ability to put the needs of the country above their own feelings. Something that is clearly extinct in the generations of today.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Japan attacked a military target, I am sure some civilians perished. The USA bombed both Hiroshima and Nagasaki with atomic weapons, both civilian targets with some military facilities. I am thinking based on this thinking, we were more in the wrong, and I am a proud former member of the 509th Bomb Wing.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 07:29 PM
link   
While we have numerous incidents of unarmed black men being gunned down by law enforcement? Seriously, do you have anything to back up your comments. My family owned slaves back in the day, lost family on both sides of the civil war, and you somehow think black folks do not face any challenges in 2016?

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Wait wait wait.... did you just try to detract from countries atrocities by pointing the finger at another country for doing the same damn thing?

The japanese did some truly terrible things in china. Feeding kids anthrax laced candies and vivisecting them out in public leaving their mangled bodies to rot. Bombing live civilian tsrgets for research. Seeing how long a fetus survives before succumbing to the cold with their mothers... with out their mothers....

Luckily the japnese documented every single experiment im gory detail... then the united states pur hased those documents and helped cover it up and agreed to protect japan and its war criminals from any and all threats...the us then applied this research to your weapons your biological and chemical weapons programs which made enormous leaps from this deal... the agreement to protect japan continues today, how ever the documents are no longer classified.

Ask the vets how they feel about that... or would you like to use the same comment... its history, it was so many years ago you've changed...

en.m.wikipedia.org...
edit on PMAmerica/Chicago171012pm by Aeshma because: Added link

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 10:44 PM
link   

a reply to: Shamrock6

Wait wait wait.... did you just try to detract from countries atrocities by pointing the finger at another country for doing the same damn thing?

The japanese did some truly terrible things in china. Feeding kids anthrax laced candies and vivisecting them out in public leaving their mangled bodies to rot. Bombing live civilian tsrgets for research. Seeing how long a fetus survives before succumbing to the cold with their mothers... with out their mothers....

Luckily the japnese documented every single experiment im gory detail... then the united states pur hased those documents and helped cover it up and agreed to protect japan from any and all threats...the us then applied this research to advanced medical procedures but more so to your weapons... the agreement to protect japan continues todag, how ever the documents are no longer classified.

Ask the vets how they feel about that... or would you like to use the same comment... its history, it was so many years ago you've changed...

Pretty harsh criticism of the USA, and it might be justified. I have read many records of the German atrocities, and some of the Japanese, your reveal today is new to me. As a vet, I don't think we need to apologize for anything in WWII, and with those insights, do not think Japan or Germany do either. It was a time of war, and atrocities happened on all sides, I do not think we are innocent, look at the events in Viet Nam.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Yeah, but you are race baiting. The whites were not the only race to have slaves... the entire damn planet took slaves at one point. Parts of the world still have them...

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Aeshma

Just using your argument.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: BubbaJoe

I dont think its thst harsh. I did how ever only bring it up as another member is being hateful for the japanese bombing of a miltary base.

My original comment was that japan no longer deserves the hate it receives for that day.

It should never be forgotten as with the holocaust... as with unit 731 as with the atrocities in poland at the hands of the russians. Ukraine.... canada... Awful awfuk things were done all over the world.. how ever there comes a time to move on, to grow and learn...

It's time to move beyond this. I'm honored by the fact the japanese prime minister will visit the site in person.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Yeah, good point. I see what you did there.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 11:11 PM
link   

I dont think its thst harsh. I did how ever only bring it up as another member is being hateful for the japanese bombing of a miltary base.

My original comment was that japan no longer deserves the hate it receives for that day.

It should never be forgotten as with the holocaust... as with unit 731 as with the atrocities in poland at the hands of the russians. Ukraine.... canada... Awful awfuk things were done all over the world.. how ever there comes a time to move on, to grow and learn...

It's time to move beyond this. I'm honored by the fact the japanese prime minister will visit the site in person.

I actually feel honored that he will visit in person, I was once a member of the 509th Bomb Wing, and I take pride in that too. Japan, Germany, and the United States did horrible things to each other in WWII, that was 70 years ago, and while it is hard, we need to get past that, and move on with our lives. I am sorry, I left out a whole bunch of other countries, it is late, and whiskey.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 11:12 PM
link   

No worries bubba. I feel the same way.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Japanese are the most Western Asians. You couldn't hate an 'Eastern' culture with more in common than your own.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 11:28 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Here is the transcript: Would you mind directing me to the part where he says "get over it"? Thank you in advance.

www.whitehouse.gov...

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 11:31 PM
link   
So how many generations is it going to take before the US and Japan makes an effort to heal the wounds from the horrors of War?

Is it really productive to allow these unhealed scars to keep festering? No disrespect intended to those whose lives where impacted by the atrocities of that war, but isnt it time to beat our swords into plow shares and stop all the hating?

Those memorials are their to remind us of the high cost of war. And we should never forget. But do we need to repeat it? Do we really need to keep 75 yrs worth of embittered feelings? Maybe this is just a misguided effort on the parts of these leaders. but its an effort! Its a step in the right direction.
I can not stand the current Pres, so Im not standing up for him personally, but I do want us to move into a time of peace. War is only for the rich.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 11:34 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

This guy Josh Earnest is a Double Speaking , Terrible Liar , PC , A Hole . How many Years now has this Idiot been Spewing Obama's Propaganda , and UnAmerican Values ? Just Listening to him Speak you can see the Guy is Lying through his Teeth every time he Speaks to the Media . Thank God this Ass Clown will be Gone for Good come Jan. 21st .

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 11:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: misskat1
So how many generations is it going to take before the US and Japan makes an effort to heal the wounds from the horrors of War?

I think its different for us versus those that lived through the attacks.

How many concentration camp survivors forgave the Nazi's?

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Thats a good point db. Hopefully their grandchildren can forgive.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join