It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alcoholics Anonymous

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Anyone have any idea how the courts/ license hearing officers, etc. are able to verify that AA signature slips are authentic and not just random people's signatures?

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   
"surrender" as it pertains to AA is not a reference to any one specific god it is just implying to "a higher power" that one "surrenders" to in place of the alcohol. Idea being that if one is addicted to alcohol that by "replacing" it and focusing the energy into a belies that one is powerless to it, will aid in the transition from being "dependent" on the alcohol. By giving members the "12 steps" to recovery, AA is able to break ones addiction by giving a "gameplan" of sorts. There is no attempt on AA's part to suggest what the "higher power" should be that is left up to the participant.

www.aa.org...

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   
AA works for those that want it, not for those that need it.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I am familiar with AA and its affiliate group alanon
I decided it was a cult once I became aware of symbolism, and conspiracies.
Most people who go are probably not aware nor do they care to be.
I struggled with leaving because it really has helped me more than any other organization.
The meetings I went to were very small, they chose to say the Lord's prayer at the end of every meeting
I couldn't see how this could be bad for me because
I was raised Christian from the get go
But as soon as the program helped heal me enough, I reconnected and with my higher power, Jesus Christ.
and about the same time I started to wake up to the conspiracies.
I started wondering about the triangle logo, with the circle sometimes inside or outside of it, sometimes the letters AA inside of it
I wondered if the letters AA were chosen specifically because it is equivalent to the number 11
For the 1st step we must say 'We are powerless over alcohol and that our lives had become unmanageable'
This is contradictory to Jesus telling us that we do have power over unclean 'spirits'
Step 2 says we came to believe in a power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.
Then I would hear buddha, female spirits, other people etc.
I didn't like hearing all these different higher powers, it seemed wrong, I'm sure it was opening a doorway to a belief that all paths lead to heaven which is against my personal belief
There would be a number of books placed out in view for you to see, perhaps you wish to buy one, very expensive, most if not all have the triangle logo placed somewhere on the front cover so all these triangles would be in sight.
I read elsewhere that six triangles is the 'land of spirits'
In AA you get colorful tokens for sobriety, they remind me of the kaballa tree
I noticed that the only happy, joyous and 'free' members were ones who were coupled up with other members,
Is it just a joke or is it really the 13th step?
I knew the 12 steps and traditions better than the 10 commandments
At the small meetings I went to, I was the only one who thought of these things. I'm not sure how much harm if any it could have if I stayed but I could no longer in good conscience continue to go knowing these things.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 02:17 AM
link   
I agree that not everything with a pyramid/triangle is Illuminati/NWO... but you must admit that with that Rockafeller guy doing the funding one would automatically question it.

Rockafella did state that he like it because it brought religion into it and I know from experience these meetings are sometimes too spiritual. I went with a friend quite often, AA and NA.

Only there for good? Anything funded by the Rockefellers should seriously be questioned as to its function within society. Most will eventually have a negative impact. The recipient follows their rules to get the money.

They are monitoring you from all angles. All the secret societies and other groups like AA and NA keep names etc... Watch yourselves

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 03:25 AM
link   
hi i m mamber last 7 year & thankx god i m sober

<< 1  2   >>

join