It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Text Analysis: Is the Quran really more violent than the Bible?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: SethTsaddik
So where does the suicide bombing come from? The terrorists sure seem to think they are going straight to paradise for doing it and killing innocent women and children.
edit on 5/12/16 by spirit_horse because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: spirit_horse
So where does the suicide bombing come from? The terrorists sure seem to think they are going straight to paradise for doing it and killing innocent women and children.

Not from Islam.

And beyond the scope of this thread.

Having a religion doesn't guarantee freedom from corruption, as history tells us. The Catholic Church has killed more people than any religion on earth, possibly any organization in history.

Why does America, a supposed Christian nation, invade nations like Iraq under false pretenses?

America has killed more civilians in drone strikes than ISIS ever WILL.

Again, beyond the scope of this thread.

Money. Power. Freedom.

The three main reasons people go to war.
edit on 5-12-2016 by SethTsaddik because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: cyberjedi
Could we stop this whole religion thing already, its getting silly, really.

Username checks out

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   

I am not making any claims like that. You are making assumptions, in fact you are preaching to the choir.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: spirit_horse

And trust me, America has it's own suicide assassins who know they aren't coming back.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Morrad

I was just asking, not accusing.

I honestly couldn't tell.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Its easy to misinterpret text in posts. I have done it several times recently.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   

I don't dispute anything you said. I just didn't understand why the suicide bombers believe they will go to paradise for doing so. There are people of all walks of life and culture that are murderers. If I was going to blow myself up to kill people I wouldn't say or believe I would be going to paradise for doing so. I understand that people cherry pick different scriptures and act out using that as their justifiable reasoning.

I recall the christian Army of God assassin killing abortion providers and using religion wrongly as an excuse or justification. The Inquisition as well. I know the terrorists use certain Islamic sources as their wrong justification. It just seems more widespread today and more akin to the widespread use of religion for justification for the Inquisition. That is why I mentioned before about reformation. I believe the Jewish and Christian religion has gone through a reformation and today is much more ok with other religions and people. I believe Islam needs reformation. If they want to live in western nations they can't treat people like they do if your not one of them. Again, I know many muslims that are great people and have assimilated in western civilizations. I think that muslims born and raised in the west are much more civilized that those coming out of certain parts of Africa and certain M.E. nations.

ETA: And I know the OT had some very violent parts. The NT is less so, but again Jesus said he didn't come to change the law. Therefor the law about stoning and various laws in the OT were not rescinded in the NT. I haven't read the Quran but for a very few passages. So, I can't speak to what it says. I would imagine it also has the same kind of stuff which the wrong people can take out of context and use it as justification. There is one difference in the use of other texts such as the Hadith. I wonder if those texts also have the same kind of language which the thread is discussing?

edit on 5/12/16 by spirit_horse because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 12:48 PM
link   

As I understand it these suicide bombers are the equivalent of an MK Ultra, Manchurian candidate type of life, programmed since birth to believe that their purpose is to die for ''God" and they don't have much exposure to the outside world.

They are told of paradise and that you will receive 72 virgins, though I have three English Qur'ans and they all say one suitable mate.

All you need to do is imagine the same thing being done with the Bible to justify slavery, except neither justify slavery or murder/suicide.

It's no different. The corruption is in spite of Islam, not because of it. The Middle East needs Islam, it doesn't need war. And as long as the world allows corrupt regimes and tyrrany it will be this way. If the world focused on the leaders of the organizations causing the trouble instead of drone strikes on civilians we might see the problem fixed.

But the average peace loving Muslim is powerless against tyranny.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   

There is actually not anything in the Qur'an that justifies terrorism or can be used to.

What they do is deliberately misinterpret a verse to the point where it means exceptions can be made to any law at any time, although I don't know what and how as far as verse and misinterpretation.

Saddam Hussein was reading Qur'an verses at his trial, conducted by Muslims, and found guilty, executed.

I don't think the US has the jurisdiction to hold trials in Iraq for crimes against Iraqi citizens so I am almost positive.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Thanks for that. I ordered an English version of the Quran last night. Time to read the text myself. I was shot with a 12ga 00 mag buck shot in the neck and back of my head. I had 17 major surgeries over it and I don't know how exactly as I was on life support for two weeks, but I remember clearly a doctor saying to me I needed to learn the "Five Pillars of Islam" in a moment of deranged consciousness between the first two trauma surgeries. I had a total of 23 major surgeries from other accidents and died twice in the process. Someone wants me here. I have read the entire bible in the past. I took a course on world religions in college, but that was 30 years ago. I want to read the Quran myself. It is hard to discuss or have a real picture of Islam when I don't really have a good understanding of it. Thanks for the discussion. You finally motivated me to read the Quran.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   

WOW.

I can honestly say I am honored to have done so. When you read the Qur'an keep in mind it is to be read as though Allah was speaking to you, a one way conversation about Righteousness and Wisdom.

It's not a book of stories like the Bible but more like the Wisdom books and Proverbs. You might not remember a word of what you read the first time and will need to read it many times.

I always sought special books like the Zohar because I like mysticism but the Zohar actually made the Qur'an easier to understand for me and gave me a greater respect.

Islam has much literature from the Sufis too that is excellent but the Qur'an is always worked in and I see it as a Mystery that unfolds something new every time you open it up.

Shocking story, also amazing and I hope a happy new beginning.

Salaam and stay blessed.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Thanks Brother!

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 05:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: spirit_horse

Thanks Brother!

Anytime

top topics