It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. 2016 - Presidential Election VOTE RECOUNTS - - An Ongoing Status Thread.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   
December 2, 2016

It's getting difficult to keep up with the fast moving developments in each state that's involved in the Recounts. It seems that every day, at least 2 ATS threads are posted that focus on a single state or status.

Here's a somewhat live blog that pulls it all together. Seems to be updated as news breaks in Wisconsin, Michigan, Pennsylvania, Nevada..and other states that may join the fray.

Recount News Updates: www.washingtonpost.com... html?utm_term=.b08bcf6f173c

Are there any more online sites with sections dedicated to keeping us updated on recount statuses?

Here ATS threads related to the Recount...

www.abovetopsecret.com... (PA)

www.abovetopsecret.com... (WI)

www.abovetopsecret.com... (WI)

www.abovetopsecret.com... (Stein Enabled Trump's Victory?)

www.abovetopsecret.com... (MI)

www.abovetopsecret.com... (MI.. Trump Fights Back)

-cwm
edit on 12/2/2016 by carewemust because: ats links added

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Wisconsin recount day 1 - Clinton picked up +1 vote. She is still a danger to our Democracy.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

Wisconsin recount day 1 - Clinton picked up +1 vote. She is still a danger to our Democracy.

Like I said earlier, HILLARY will directly and indirectly be a thorn in President Trump's side, for the next 8 years. Her allotted "healing" time should end on February 1, 2017. Bring Hillary up on charges of violating classified information laws, and lock her up.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 07:06 PM
link   

I think she will cease being a thorn when he officially takes office along with the FBI director and the new Attorney General.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Good idea.

This is another thread with a lot of information about the PA recount:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Nevada (not much is known yet)

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 07:16 PM
link   

I was concerned until the MI attorney general filed a motion with the state's supreme court today.

I assume the AG has presented the same arguments as Trumps counsel did in a filed objection on Wednesday. In the filing they argue that the law clearly states a candidate must be "aggrieved" by the results in order to be entitled to a recount and since Stein finished dead last and missed a win by 2 million+ votes, her request is invalid. They also argue there is virtually no way to complete the process by Dec 13th and so to grant a recount would put Michigan's electoral votes at risk of being lost.

Seeing as these arguments are completely valid with plenty of precedent to back them up, and the republicans hold a 4-2 majority in the supreme court, I have a feeling they are going to shut down the effort in MI and assuming electorals vote as pledged, the other two recounts will be pointless (with MI locked in Trump would have 276 electorals).

Trump's objection is very well written and worth a read if you have a few minutes MI recount objection PDF

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 07:16 PM
link   
A good one regarding the legal issues of the recounts:

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Wisconsin:

I guess there are quite a few!

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 07:30 PM
link   
And on one of the nearby parallel Earths, Ron Paul is getting ready for his second six-year term as Citizen-President of the United States ... of North Columbia and the American Islands...

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Also, Michigans law on faithless electors.

Refusal or failure to vote for the candidates for president and vice-president appearing on the Michigan ballot of the political party which nominated the elector constitutes a resignation from the office of elector, his vote shall not be recorded and the remaining electors shall forthwith fill the vacancy. The ballot used by the elector shall bear the name of the elector. If at the time of convening there is any vacancy caused by death, resignation, refusal or failure to vote, neglect to attend, or ineligibility of any person elected, or for any other cause, the qualified electors of president and vice-president shall proceed to fill such vacancy by ballot, by a plurality of votes.

www.legislature.mi.gov...(S(xsr14xdehxjak4i2mnjx5uaz))/mileg.aspx?page=GetObject&objectname=mcl-168-47

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Voiceofthemajority

As I stated from the start...Stein has no standing to request a recount. I expect a similar ruling in PA Monday

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Hillary did not gain a vote.

She lost a vote according to this:

The first results in Thursday evening were from Menominee County. Trump lost two votes compared to the initial count and Democrat Hillary Clinton lost one. Stein gained 17 votes and Libertarian Gary Johnson picked up 12 — a discrepancy the state Elections Commission reported was due to “human error” in which their vote totals from certain wards were omitted from the initial tally.

m.journaltimes.com... 6f0e0b3.html

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

she gained a vote on trump is what they have been saying.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 09:00 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 11:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

As stated in your video..
Trump files a lawsuit asking the Michigan Supreme Court to block the Michigan recount.
Michigan's Attorney General then files 2 lawsuits of his own, to block the recount.

A few hours later this evening, Jill Stein filed her own lawsuit, in an effort to force a Michigan "by-hand" recount ASAP.

STORY: www.clickondetroit.com...

Jill Stein should be out of cash by now, due to the ever increasing 3-state recount fees. Now, she has the unplanned burden of paying attorney's to combat Trump's efforts to block her recounts. The Clinton Foundation must be funneling money to Stein's team.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Day 2 totals:

Trump +11

Clinton -24

That is a net gain of 35 for Trump.

wbay.com...
edit on 3-12-2016 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 06:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
Day 2 totals:

Trump +11

Clinton -24

That is a net gain of 35 for Trump.

wbay.com...

Gets hoping johnson winds up with enough to go to the debates next time. I'd love to see a debate with actual debating in my lifetime

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 07:39 AM
link   
None of this is about how many votes +- will be found. It is as plain as day(at least to me) that the whole purpose is to try to get those states electoral votes to not be counted. If the recounts can not be completed on time then those states will not be allowed to cast their votes. period. It is all a sham!

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 07:57 AM
link   
MSNBC article (reliability issues?)
www.cnbc.com...

Trump's margin of victory in Pennsylvania is shrinking as more counties finish tallying their votes.

An updated count Friday by state election officials shows Trump's lead over Democrat Hillary Clinton has shrunk to 49,000, from 71,000.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join