It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bernie Sanders: Carrier took Trump hostage and won-- Carrier Will Leave-Trump pays them to stay

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

True, the money belongs to the consumer who pays it through their purchases.

I think that companies need to pay for the infrastructure they use, and the military that protects the US, and frankly most of the world, and for the police and firemen who also protect the business the list goes on and on. Living and having a business in the US isn't going to be "cheap", and why should it be?

We are not a 3rd world country, and one of the reasons is becasue our economic system has created an infrastructure, systems to protect the populace from pollution, disasters and that is very, very expensive.

Bernie is admitting that our tax policy isnt friendly and drives jobs out of the country.

Lower taxes is not giving away tax payer money as the money was never the governments to start with.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

A company relying on gov contracts can have some serious problems without any presidential interference.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Not to mention illegal.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to: DBCowboy

When the dust settles, you are right.

Who benefits?

The American workers.

Who in the hell cares what deals are made? People are working.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Not exactly.

If it's deficit spending your creating inflation.

Without the cpi being cotrolled with cheaper good from over seas the inflation get heaped onto the worker in the form of wage deflation. Their purchasing power gets reduced.

The other negative effect is market manipulation.

Maybe their competitor had a better product and manufacturing process and that is why they needed to find a way to reduce manufacturing cost.
edit on 2-12-2016 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I predict if Hillary does get this election reversed, the stock market will have the biggest crash it ever had in history. Just incase, maybe we will cash in some stocks while the stocks are high.

That's exactly what they want. An engineered collapse allows the Cabal to consolidate currency and finally unify the world's banking systems.

We will see a collapse soon, either a natural collapse once the system can no longer support the wild amounts of debt that current fractional banking practices create (my hope since that would hopefully include elimination of debt worldwide followed by a reset using commodity backed currency), or an engineered collapse which will be the Cabal's excuse to institute a global currency.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: luthier

That is one of the problems with this story. The complete lack of info from the writer. I guess I don't know if they can get the info on profits-competition.
I hope we will learn solid info.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Taxpayers aren't PAYING them anything. The govt doesn't produce money to pay anyone. All they do is suck away money from the income generators. Carrier is being taxed less. Which is a good thing. All the taxes need to be lowered or done away with. It's one of the primary reasons companies continue to move jobs overseas or just have the entire company leave the USA. If only Trump could have been in charge sooner and negotiated with larger companies like Medtronic who have already left.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 08:34 AM
link   
The story said Indiana is giving them incentives. Did I miss something?

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

Taxpayers aren't PAYING them anything.

The State of Indiana will not be collecting $700,000 per year of tax income from Carrier. That loss of income will need to be made up somehow. My hunch is that it will come out of public education.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

So when GE moves it's refrigeration plant to Mexico it is due to taxes? They don't pay taxes, it is for cheap slave like labor.

Taxes are a shared responsibility.
Do you like paved roads? taxes
Educated populace? taxes
fire dept? taxes
police? taxes
interstate highways?taxes
generally safe country (thank the military)? taxes.......

Guess what, the corps enjoy these benefits as well, and they should help pay for them. Of course taxes should be fair.

If they are paying none, are they really too high?

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 08:42 AM
link   

It doesn't really matter to me.

The president should not be going to one off private companies for deal making. That is what the state reps and Governor do. He then looks over the bill they make.

Trump should be cramming for the job he barely understands not doing propaganda.

If the president wants an agenda like manufacturing gets a boost then that is entirely different than choosing a company to pad their profits. Those are overlying regulatory and incentive frameworks not specific company deals.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Maybe Mr. Trump could negotiate a deal with mexico that would raise their minimum wage for American companies relocating there to equal ours. I wonder?

Done and done.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Who benefits?

The American workers.

Who in the hell cares what deals are made? People are working.

robbing peter to bribe paul. You think that money they gave this one specific company was out of Trump's pocket?

government funds to pay a private corporation to hang around...which is unenforceable anyhow..so bribed to..hope they stay around.

nothing like a good ole corporate oligarchy from government directly to corporation, paid for by the taxpayers.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
Maybe Mr. Trump could negotiate a deal with mexico that would raise their minimum wage for American companies relocating there to equal ours. I wonder?

Done and done.

A booming Mexican economy with employee standards, minimum wage, etc would solve almost all the issues between our two nations.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 09:01 AM
link   

My question is if Indiana is doing this, how is it Trump doing it?

How much would Indiana have lost from Carrier leaving?
edit on 2-12-2016 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 09:07 AM
link   
SATURN Fx:

Imagine if you could drive down central America and it was like driving from Germany to Spain?

Maybe we should have developed Mexico instead of burning money in the ME. Maybe we would even have reinforcements with the Navy of better developed nations and we wouldn't have to protect every trade route in the world.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

Do you see that happening?

The standard of living in America was a battle with big business. In the last 35 years business has been winning almost all the battles.
Mexico is going to be a battle to, one they should be allowed to fight.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 10:03 AM
link   

How much in individual state income taxes for the 1000+workers would they lose if Carrier left. That's also 1000+workers who won't be drawing unemployment funds from the state for some period of time. If those two amounts are less than 750,000 a year you've got a point. Look at the average gross of those thousand multiply it by Indiana's personal income tax rate and there is a start. If you only look at what tax revenue the state loses from Carrier your leaving out more than half the information.

Edit to add:
Did some quick math, with indiana tax rates. Looks like the state would have lost over a million in revenue easily from the loss of these jobs. I admittedly left out deductions,and did it quickly but it looks like a good deal for the state even with the loss of $750,000 a year in revenue from Carrier.
edit on 2-12-2016 by jefwane because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: jefwane

It is going to have to come to a point where we have to make a decision in this country.

Either we protect our industries or we don't. That is the nuts and bolts of it.

If we have no manufacturing, I truly believe this is a national security issue.

We need to either start to demand a min wages from country of origin or tariffs on those who don't meet an American standard in the manufacturing of goods.
edit on 2-12-2016 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join