It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bernie Sanders: Carrier took Trump hostage and won-- Carrier Will Leave-Trump pays them to stay

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 09:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: luthier

So you don't want to see regular Americans employed.

What are they doing?

How long? Are they propping up a failed model and now tax payer money, the budget for the state is involved and they have to lay off bridge projects to support a corrupt company that played trump?

Trump saved possibly 800 jobs out of 2000 with a 7 milion tax credit.

What if the company with a better manufacturing process has to fold because the government played favorites with the competition?

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Don't poo poo the good feelings. Tax payer are there to socialize profitable private businesses.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

I understand the social contract I give up some freedom and pay some taxes for service and to not fall off a collapsing bridge. In turn I don't have to make my family stay up at night in shifts for raiders.

But propping a business that may be making mistakes they need to learn from is terribly short term.

I wonder how solar and wind would do if they had equal subsidies to oil and gas, or if all had to compete on their own merit.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Not only that, but Trump has business interests in the parent company.

So the 7 million tax cut gets passed on to the people, so 1,000 jobs get "saved" ... and the company still plans to move other jobs to Mexico anyway.

Well, that sure sounds legit.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 02:24 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Bernie Sanders said that?

You mean the guy that sold out his entire base of supporters, everything he believed in, his morals, everything he said he was fighting for/against, and the American people, to support the single most bought and paid for criminal career politician?

And then he bought a 300k sports car and a brand spanking new million dollar vacation home.

Yeah, we should really listen to that loser.

Just like we shouldn't listen to ultra partisan people brainwashed by the mainstream media. Same thing.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 03:12 AM
link   
WOW! I guess they paid Bernie a lot more than I originally thought.

I loved Bernie Sanders. I didn't agree with a single thing he wanted to do, but I loved that we had Trump (anti-establishment for the right) and Sanders (anti-establishment for the left) and wanted to see them do battle. The crook Clinton and the corrupt DNC made sure THAT didn't happen. Bernie must have been paid a mint...I thought. Then watching him change every opinion of Clinton and preach it to his congregation was...well...sad. But now? What they hell did they pay him or threaten him with to get him to preach for the devil? Your savior turned out to be your adversary.

I wonder what his price was to sell his soul AND begin preaching for the corrupt DNC.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 08:59 AM
link   

This has nothing to do with business making mistakes. This has to do with 25$ an hour and 3$ an hour, you get to keep a whole lot of $ (profit) when you pay your workers 3$ an hour.

This has all to do with exporting jobs and importing products until the collapse.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: MysticPearl

So the tax payer pays a large profitable corp to stay and to not further devastate the economy? Wow what a system. I guess I see how business done.

Show where the tax payers paid the corporation to stay?

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I don't condone this approach unless it's mandatory that they stay indefinitely. Because 7 million is chump change to bring in jobs.. that's a lot of federal income tax and probably pay itself with continual interest by time he leaves office. Win/win really... but if they aren't forced to stay or not fined 7 million, or something fair than why not. Helps boost that buisnesses, puts our jobs back in America, and puts us to work I welcome it on certain conditions.

Ooh Bernie, how I wished it was him and trump. Believe it or not, I would have went left. Hillary killed Democrats.. funny how she says Bernie wouldn't last with Trump, yet she might go to jail over a good 100 different crimes.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I would say it's bad that a corporation would need to threaten to leave, to get a fair tax rate.

We WANT businesses to be here, and employ Americans, right?

If I were a business, who's corporate tax rate was high, and could move to another country to save money, and build profits (you know, what companies DO) I would consider it as well, and if the US didn't make it more attractive to stay, where is the incentive to stay?

This is what needs done across the board. Lower the corporate tax rates.

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 01:47 AM
link   
"Carrier will reportedly receive $7 million in financial incentives from Indiana over the next ten years, a fraction of the estimated $65 million a year it would've saved by moving 1,100 jobs to Mexico."

Let's do the math...

Carrier average wage is $30.91, 40 hours week in month that's close $5000. So say that's $500 in income tax month so in year paid $6000 per 800 people that's 4,800,000 in tax revenue in one year.

It's $7 mil over course of 10 years?

That's $48,000,000 in tax revenue.

$7 million loan in 10 years with a $48 million dollar return?

I'm tired and half asleep... but is that bad?

I mean that's not 100% accurate but catch the drift? A 400% profit is good buisness.

Yes federal will go have percent that goes back but what about..
Sales tax? Corporate tax?

Guy already loosing $65 million to stay American. Trump possibly swindled this guy for over 100 million when figure sales tax revenue and corporate tax revenue. Not going try break it all day but maybe half billion by 10 years?
edit on 4-12-2016 by Shr00mz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: MysticPearl

So the tax payer pays a large profitable corp to stay and to not further devastate the economy? Wow what a system. I guess I see how business done.

Profitable? Why was they moving to Mexico then? I mean it is one thing to stay profitable, but greed is something else. Companies that stay in America should be treated better than companies that leave.

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I love this. This is awesome.
1. Liberals would rather these jobs be gone so they can get them on their welfare train. at 700k per year it's an easy sell that keeps jobs in the state, the income taxes off these workers pay that 700k multiple times over

2. Liberals have suddenly become Fiscal conservatives, hilarious. How many millions was it per solyndra job?

3. The job loss would actually be a lot worse. When a plant leaves a town it not only takes out those initial jobs but also all the service which service these employees and the other service workers. The total job loss is about triple.

4. States do this all the time, especially factories. Perhaps we can rail against film and movie subsidies. The government subsidizes the ARTS, jobs that produce mainly for the wealthy, they produce no functional output, they produce a luxury good. Where is your outrage leftist.

5. Really leftist lets be fiscal conservatives, lets go there, I would love to use Ron Paul's budget plan. Goodbye government workers, goodbye grants, goodbye Department of education, goodbye waste.

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: jellyrev

1. Liberals would rather these jobs be gone so they can get them on their welfare train. at 700k per year it's an easy sell that keeps jobs in the state, the income taxes off these workers pay that 700k multiple times over

Looks like thanks to that tax "incentive" they are on the welfare train.

2. Liberals have suddenly become Fiscal conservatives, hilarious. How many millions was it per solyndra job?

So shouldn't we be learning from our mistakes not repeating them?

5. Really leftist lets be fiscal conservatives

First we need a fiscal conservative. What you people don't realize is you voted in a liberal Republican. In other words you bucked up big time.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join