It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shove the happy holiday...... Christmas is back.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 12:14 AM
link   
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

Dude, you've spent hours digging yourself an increasingly deeper hole over nothing important. Your personal preference for what you want to hear for a preferred holiday greeting out of someone else's mouth doesn't override my preference of what I like to say. This is the fricking point that you're missing, either because your that clueless or just being obtuse about it.

Somebody conveys a positive seasonal greeting, be it verbal or written, and your (and others in the same boat) response is to go full retarded brat. Yeah, because that's humble & admirable. If there's any question as to why people have spent 8 pages mocking the whole debate, feel free to reread what I just typed as many times as it takes to sink in.
edit on 12/2/2016 by Nyiah because: No apologies for typos, s# happens.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 12:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

There arent dozens of holidays celebrated in that time period, there are 2, Christmas and Hanukkah.

Kwanzaa is basically a black only Christmas and that Hindu thing is just BS, I whatsapp'd 6 Hindu friends asking if they had ever heard of Pancha Ganapati, only 1 had and he told me most Hindus in India and Malaysia find the celebration offensive.

So your "thoughtful" use of Happy holidays is inclusive of Jews who are 2% of the population of the US and people who have an issue with Merry Christmas.
Somehow I doubt any American Jews are gonna take offence to Merry Christmas and as for the others, well thats kinda what this thread is about.

If you come from a western background saying Merry Christmas is celebrating your own cultural heritage and sharing it with others, A Jew saying happy Hanukkah is sharing and celebrating their cultural heritage.
Saying Happy holidays is everyone being so brainwashed by PCness that we think any form of cultural identity is somehow wrong

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 12:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff

So your "thoughtful" use of Happy holidays is inclusive of Jews who are 2% of the population of the US and people who have an issue with Merry Christmas.
Somehow I doubt any American Jews are gonna take offence to Merry Christmas and as for the others, well thats kinda what this thread is about.

If you come from a western background saying Merry Christmas is celebrating your own cultural heritage and sharing it with others, A Jew saying happy Hanukkah is sharing and celebrating their cultural heritage.
Saying Happy holidays is everyone being so brainwashed by PCness that we think any form of cultural identity is somehow wrong

My "own cultural heritage" is Yule, not Christmas nor Hanukkah. So when I do say Merry Christmas, it's to avoid triggering Christians and stupid discussions like this. Holy crap.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 12:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

The point that you and others are missing, either because your that clueless or just being obtuse about it is why do you have the preference for saying happy holidays as opposed to Merry Christmas?
I assume Merry Christmas is considered a positive seasonal greeting and yet it has fallen out of favour for some reason?

Ive never gone full retard brat over anything let alone this and I dont care how silly I look, The only time Ive ever been on the popular side of a debate/discussion on this site has been my hate for Hillary and while it is nice and cozy being on the popular side (lots of support in threads and lovely stars) I have no issue sticking up for my beliefs or trying to get my point across.

Fear of ridicule from a bunch of words on my screen is not a factor for me, my avatar is a kitten wearing a tinfoil hat for fecks sake!!!

P.s Merry Christmas

edit on 2/12/2016 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 12:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

My "own cultural heritage" is Yule, not Christmas nor Hanukkah. So when I do say Merry Christmas, it's to avoid triggering Christians and stupid discussions like this. Holy crap.

Well then Happy/Merry Yule to you and yours

Your thoughts on using Merry Christmas are kinda irrelevant as you wouldnt use it anyway.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 02:56 AM
link   

The point that you and others are missing, either because your that clueless or just being obtuse about it is why do you have the preference for saying happy holidays as opposed to Merry Christmas?

Being a European mutt with ancestry pulling from all corners, I feel no particular need to prostrate & celebrate & refer to a winter holiday exactly as a stranger of one flavor demands one way or the other. Meaning, the "reason for the season" for THIS house is not an ancient Zombie's birth. That does not mean we don't celebrate secular, or learn about other roots of influence. We've even done the homage to Odin & his steed before instead of St Nick. It was cool and the kids learned a lot about that branch of the gift-giving holiday mythos.

Despite whatever slant you're digging for, this doesn't dictate how, why I don't or do say merry christmas, season's greetings or happy holidays.
Bottom line, I say HH because I like it best as a general greeting. Deal with it.

I assume Merry Christmas is considered a positive seasonal greeting and yet it has fallen out of favour for some reason?

It hasn't "fallen out of favor". You're just noticing the rest of us who say a different phrase because of gigantic babies' crying on TV and making a mountain out of a molehill.

Ive never gone full retard brat over anything let alone this and I dont care how silly I look, The only time Ive ever been on the popular side of a debate/discussion on this site has been my hate for Hillary and while it is nice and cozy being on the popular side (lots of support in threads and lovely stars) I have no issue sticking up for my beliefs or trying to get my point across.

Fear of ridicule from a bunch of words on my screen is not a factor for me, my avatar is a kitten wearing a tinfoil hat for fecks sake!!!

P.s Merry Christmas

Yeah, you have. Having a tantrum over how I or anyone else conveys seasonal greetings is retarded, and as bratty as it gets. To be blunt: "Say it my way, assholes! SAY IT MY WAY, NO OTHERS ALLOWED! WAH!!" That's about how it sounds.

Have a good holiday season anyway, though.
edit on 12/2/2016 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

edit on 12/2/2016 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 05:36 AM
link   

how do you think Muslims would take it if we all of a sudden said we were gonna start calling Ramadan no food month or something.

Are there several other religious holidays falling on the entire month of Ramadan? Nope.

Christmas shares the holiday period with several other religions. Saying "happy holidays" isn't to exclude Christians (psst, it includes them) but it's to include whoever might be in front of you. On Yule, I say Blessed Yule. On Christmas, I say Merry Christmas. The others mostly take up more than one day. So if it's not the solstice or the 25th, I say "Happy Holidays" because it's the HOLIDAY SEASON WITH SEVERAL HOLIDAYS.

If someone told me Happy Hannukah I would feel happy because they included me in their holiday. If you're offended by Merry Christmas, you are the jerk.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 05:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
a reply to: Vasa Croe

That is a tough situation. It seems that finding a happy holiday compromise is not even allowed where your ex and her Muslim husband is concerned. Is your ex wife afraid to stand up to her new husband?

I believe that is the case but don't know for sure. He wouldn't allow her to directly talk to me in the beginning....she had to go through him. I have since squashed that but have no idea what issues that created for her.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 06:01 AM
link   

a reply to: Vasa Croe

What you describe is basically the Wests version of acceptance and multiculturalism.

Funnily enough youll find more people willing to speak out about the word Christmas being offensive than you will with what your Exs new bloke is doing.

Welcome to PC world

I am just happy I took her back to court and got majority custody and decision making rights 6 months ago. I felt I had to because of how unreasonable she had become.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

How do I enlist for this War on Christmas and what type of weapon do I get?

It's waged with fruitcakes.

Nasty things those fruitcakes... Hurt like hell!

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 08:15 AM
link   

this doesn't dictate how, why I don't or do say merry christmas, season's greetings or happy holidays. Bottom line, I say HH because I like it best as a general greeting. Deal with it.

I dont care what you say, what I care about is the brainwashing that has lead to the term HH

Having a tantrum over how I or anyone else conveys seasonal greetings is retarded, and as bratty as it gets. To be blunt: "Say it my way, assholes! SAY IT MY WAY, NO OTHERS ALLOWED! WAH!!" That's about how it sounds.

There was no tantrum, in RL I wouldnt bother to correct someone who said HH and Ive said many times people can say whatever they like, just be aware of why your saying it and take ownership.
Most of the people responding here have made HH about being inclusive and not wanting to offend, THATS retarded!!!
If you have never said MC, no worries, if like quite a few people you have changed from saying MC to HH then your a brainwashed idiot.

Merry Christmas

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

how do you think Muslims would take it if we all of a sudden said we were gonna start calling Ramadan no food month or something.

Are there several other religious holidays falling on the entire month of Ramadan? Nope.

Christmas shares the holiday period with several other religions. Saying "happy holidays" isn't to exclude Christians (psst, it includes them) but it's to include whoever might be in front of you. On Yule, I say Blessed Yule. On Christmas, I say Merry Christmas. The others mostly take up more than one day. So if it's not the solstice or the 25th, I say "Happy Holidays" because it's the HOLIDAY SEASON WITH SEVERAL HOLIDAYS.

If someone told me Happy Hannukah I would feel happy because they included me in their holiday. If you're offended by Merry Christmas, you are the jerk.

Who is in the news every winter, yelling about being offended by a "war" on their particular favorite holiday?

I don't personally know any non-Christians who are offended by any of the greetings. But I know a lot of Christians who are triggered every year by any greeting that's not their very favorite one.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 08:57 AM
link   

I don't personally know any non-Christians who are offended by any of the greetings. But I know a lot of Christians who are triggered every year by any greeting that's not their very favorite one.

I'm gonna build a safe space nativity on my lawn so people can pile in next to the manager where I will be giving out holiday hugs.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   

"Shove the Happy Holidays"? To paraphrase BASEketball, I don't quite think you're getting the point dude. Lol

(Edited for stupid text-to-swipe lol)
edit on 2-12-2016 by Rookseven because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   

I see it's the time of year where conservative Christians pretend like the evil atheists/liberals are destroying their favorite corporate holiday. Don't worry you'll still be able to make all those retail giants tons of money this holiday season. It isn't going anywhere.

Maybe if you guys were to ACTUALLY celebrate Christmas as a real religious holiday instead of just a giant sacrifice to the god of corporate profits I could take you guys a bit more seriously. But nope. Y'all just sound like spoiled children to me.
edit on 2-12-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Only issue with your post is Im not Christian and in fact am anti religion.

But thats cool, all you enlightened ones stick with your newspeak

Why the change of avatar? I quite liked the busted alien.
Is blue a reference to the democrats?

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 08:40 AM
link   

So why are you complaining? It doesn't even effect you.

PS: My avatar is a reference to bluegrass music. That is an expression that you'll see at many bluegrass shows/festivals. Though as a running tally you are the 2nd person to mistake it for a political message.

<< 6  7  8   >>

join