It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Shove the happy holiday...... Christmas is back.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

LoL. Mary, Marry, Merry can be offensive!

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff
So does a Jewish person wishing you a happy Hanukkah or a Muslim wishing you a happy Eid mean they are being insensitive a-holes or does it only apply to Christmas?

Well I dont know. they rarely do that overall. they tend to do the happy holiday thing

Christians here are the ones that are all in your face waving the murican flag and screaming merry christmas or war and whatnot as of late. very touchy people.

I know if I wish someone a happy holidays, they return that, or say merry christmas (sometimes followed up by "and a happy new year"). I have wished ppl before a merry christmas and typically you get either that as a return, or plenty of smart asses wishing happy haunnika, happy Kwanzaa, etc..everyone is always trying to be special and clever.

Do what you want, and cheer for what you want. Know this though, when you cheer on any politician doing religious signifiers, understand in maybe 10..20..30 years, there will be a Islamic president..and you will have to deal with the precident set from previous administrations regarding observing and praising religious holidays special to them.

One of the best arguments to a christian on why god is best kept out of school is because the second you push for it, as times change, islam will be pushed equally (fastest growing religion globally). How short sighted people in the west are. Theocratic staplemarks in a society that allows evolution of culture is a bad thing.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

originally posted by: SaturnFX

I guess we could simply say "Merry axial tilt" and annoy every religion all at once

You win the interwebs for originality here, rotfl.

Unfortunately, the punchline would fall flat

For a brief second, I thought you were gonna say it would fall flat on flat earthers...

...which it probably would also.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: Nyiah

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Actually...'HAPPY Holidays' is offensive to people suffering from Seasonal Depression.

Well, they can just stay home.

No one interferes with my Happy Holidays.

Not even the ultra-lame people who want to nitpick winter season well-wishes,amirite?

A word of advice for both the pro & anti-Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays crowd. Say what you will (and what counts is that you mean it) and then just move the bleep on. What an absolutely retarded argument this is. Utter the seasonal saying you like/are comfortable with uttering. Don't worry about pleasing the crybabies of the world who want an greeting echo chamber.

Not even.

Its a great time, bright colorful lights, happy music, decorated houses, yummy food, drum circles, Solstice Festivals, etc.

I love it. I don't let anything get in my way of enjoying this holiday season.

Screw the need for presents and grouchy relatives too. Don't need them.

Love your Holiday Spirit, Annie!
I'm with you on dumping the grouchy relatives...but let's keep the 'presents'; I like presents.

I definitely like presents.

But, if that's what consumes you and makes you grouchy - - not interested.

I'm a Christmas is for kids, for giving, for having fun, etc. If you don't have family, volunteer at a shelter.

Anything you can walk away from (at the end of the day) with a smile.

edit on 1-12-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: NewzNose

Yes but saying Christmas is not the same as saying Yuletide.

To me, Christmas is an over exaggerated and unhealthy tradition that drives debt and broods greed. I wish it was more socially acceptable to do Christmas as Solstice and leave out the gaudy lights and credit cards. But try raising kids in North America like that and your in for a world of hurt.

The sad truth

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: HiMyNameIsCal

To me, Christmas is an over exaggerated and unhealthy tradition that drives debt and broods greed. I wish it was more socially acceptable to do Christmas as Solstice and leave out the gaudy lights and credit cards. But try raising kids in North America like that and your in for a world of hurt.

The sad truth

What's wrong with the gaudy lights?

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 08:09 PM
link   

a reply to: HiMyNameIsCal

Yeah, historically it is.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Historically, yes. Socially, no.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

It's never not been okay to say Merry Christmas. That's a myth created by Conservative media in order to demonize people with manners who understand that there's several religious holidays this time of year.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

Well I dont know. they rarely do that overall. they tend to do the happy holiday thing

Well thats just as messed up as censoring Christmas

Christians here are the ones that are all in your face waving the murican flag and screaming merry christmas or war and whatnot as of late. very touchy people.

Im not Christian, Im anti war and Im not touchy

Know this though, when you cheer on any politician doing religious signifiers, understand in maybe 10..20..30 years, there will be a Islamic president..and you will have to deal with the precident set from previous administrations regarding observing and praising religious holidays special to them.

If anyone tries to white wash the term Eid Ill be right up there arguing how stupid it is as much as Im doing with Christmas

One of the best arguments to a christian on why god is best kept out of school is because the second you push for it, as times change, islam will be pushed equally

Were not talking about shoving religion down peoples throats, were talking about censoring a word because its not PC

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Thank God we've put the "Christ" back in my pagan solstice holiday! Nothing says Jesus quite like bringing trees into the house to worship nature and the rebirth of the Unconquered Sun!

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

It's never not been okay to say Merry Christmas. That's a myth created by Conservative media in order to demonize people with manners who understand that there's several religious holidays this time of year.

Nope. The entire crap pie was started by radical atheists.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 08:18 PM
link   
It goes both ways.

Who would be offended by someone saying Merry Christmas?
Who would be offended by someone saying Happy Holidays?

They're both true. It's December, we have Christmas, Hanukkah, New Years and all the End of year festivities, like end of year office parties and what not. There's also Winter Solstice, Kwanzaa, Boxing Day, Pancha Ganapati, Yule, and a few other ones.

I say both interchangeably. It's not a big deal. I get sick of all the Social Justice Warriors out to label me as fighting a war on Christmas. I'm sorry that Happy Holidays "Triggers" them and they need a safe place to go. I get tired of all of those special snow flakes. When I was growing up, we didn't get outraged and upset at things like that. We had more fortitude and mental toughness, I guess?

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

No, theres 2 Holidays and 1 of those holidays apply to 1 in 50 people in the US.
The other "Holidays" are based on Christmas or are a rejection of it.

P.s Merry Christmas

edit on 1/12/2016 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Humbug

Just the crazy competitiveness that some people have. My town is like the Christmas light Olympics this time of year.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

Wrong Snowflakes.

This is not about being triggered by "Happy Holidays". It's about the "other snowflakes". The one's triggered by "Merry Christmas".

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: HiMyNameIsCal

The sad truth

What's wrong with the gaudy lights?

Offensive to color blind people?

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

Wrong Snowflakes.

This is not about being triggered by "Happy Holidays". It's about the "other snowflakes". The one's triggered by "Merry Christmas".

Not really. I keep seeing people like on TV like Bill OReilly and other conservatives being offended and triggered by happy holidays. Many Christians really do think there's a war on Christmas. To be fair, yes there are some people that get offended by Merry Christmas, but it's way more people who feel they are being "Persecuted" in this war on Christmas and those "Social Justice Christian Warriors" need to lighten up.
edit on 1-12-2016 by amazing because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 08:25 PM
link   

I suppose that's FOX news for ya. I personally never touch the stuff.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I prefer 'Merry XXX-mas,' when dealing with seasons-greetings prudes.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join