It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Shove the happy holiday...... Christmas is back.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

What you describe is basically the Wests version of acceptance and multiculturalism.

Funnily enough youll find more people willing to speak out about the word Christmas being offensive than you will with what your Exs new bloke is doing.

Welcome to PC world

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

Hey Zosimov

Oh NO, now dont be silly, you are offended, from now on you must be offended by the innocuous term "Happy Holidays", its satanic, straight from the pits of hell to draw your soul into the abyss.

Saying Merry Christmas is like praying, if you say "Happy Holidays" instead of Merry Christmas an angel dies, or loses it wings or sneezes or something terrible, maybe the angel yawns or something

The unforgivable sin in the bible, accepting the greeting "Happy Holidays" from a pagan or similar, its them preaching there blasphemy at you

Christians should beat there phones into swords and fight the "Happy Holidays" to the last man woman and child

Enough of offended snowflake expressions from Christians, time for blood on the streets

Anyway "Happy Hollidays" or whatever suits you
I appreciate any greeting as you do Zos and am happy to celebrate the Pagan festival of winter solstice with them.
Thanks for letting us christians join in , love the winter solstice, its summer where I am

Ha!
Thanks for the laugh my friend!

(Moby Dick starts on Monday.. keep an eye out!)
edit on 1-12-2016 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 10:15 PM
link   
But that's just it. This is really a non issue. The only ones getting worked up are the special snowflake, Social Justice Warriors that can't handle me saying Happy Holidays.

I can say Happy Holidays and mean it. I posted a lot of other holidays but really it's Christmas, Hanukkah and New Years are the three main Holidays (plural). I say Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays and Seasons Greetings pretty much interchangeably and mean it. I don't take offense if someone says any of those to me and I've yet to have someone, not on an internet message board, take offense to me. It just doesn't happen.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 10:21 PM
link   
in Russia we say goodbye to the old year are celebrating the New Year, each time hopefully it will be better than before. almost no one mentions Jesus only in the person of Saint Nicholas Father Frost giving presents and the holiday spirit to children, by the way never seen to it that the children sat down on his knees ... and this youtu.be... cheerful holiday in New York go dance and light the candles, they symbolize the victory of light over darkness they it light and darkness it you, goy

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff
Well call me crazy but I would have thought saying Merry Christmas to someone who wasnt Christian would be considered inclusive rather than exclusionary.

Its only inclusive if you use its original title: "Happy Jesus is your lord and savior and to deny him means you will burn forever in the hellfires with all the other heathens, atheists, adulterers, murders, thieves, and those with sin day"

Its a bit long on the tongue, but its far more heart warming...really shows you they care.

Except its a pagan celebration that the Catholic church adopted
I am not a pagan or catholic
Whats the fuss, cant you enjoy it
As a christian I can enjoy the pagan festivities mixed in with Romes pagan beliefs with a drop of christianity, its not a problem to me, why are you so hurt by it?

Who's hurt?
I am indifferent about it. I find people demanding if kmart greeters dont say merry christmas but instead happy holidays its some sort of censorous war on christmas.
amused is not hurt.

btw, true christians would never be mocking the birth of the savior with celebrating pagan holidays...just sayin

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Well call me crazy but I would have thought saying Merry Christmas to someone who wasnt Christian would be considered inclusive rather than exclusionary.

Its only inclusive if you use its original title: "Happy Jesus is your lord and savior and to deny him means you will burn forever in the hellfires with all the other heathens, atheists, adulterers, murders, thieves, and those with sin day"

Its a bit long on the tongue, but its far more heart warming...really shows you they care.

Ahhh
Sincere apologies, I thought we were having a genuine discussion but youre just trolling for lulz
Carry on and Merry Christmas

heh..genuine discussion?
you think shops saying happy holidays is censorship.

naa man..this was never a genuine discussion..its been just an amusing thread to pass the time waiting for something more interesting to pop up.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

Seasons Greetings.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Except its a pagan celebration that the Catholic church adopted
I am not a pagan or catholic
Whats the fuss, cant you enjoy it
As a christian I can enjoy the pagan festivities mixed in with Romes pagan beliefs with a drop of christianity, its not a problem to me, why are you so hurt by it?

Who's hurt?
I am indifferent about it. I find people demanding if kmart greeters dont say merry christmas but instead happy holidays its some sort of censorous war on christmas.
amused is not hurt.

btw, true christians would never be mocking the birth of the savior with celebrating pagan holidays...just sayin

I guess I should come to you when I need to learn what true christians have to do
I guess it must mean I have to cancel christmas for myself and get offended in future

except

Colossians 2:16 ESV / 35

Therefore let no one pass judgment on you in questions of food and drink, or with regard to a festival or a new moon or a Sabbath.
Collosae was in Turkey

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

I dont think theres a war on Christmas, I think there is either a concerted effort to White wash certain cultural aspects of the west or PC nonsense has gotten out of hand and needs to be stopped.

So weve established no one is offended by the use of the term Merry Christmas (yet you yourself have admitted to not using it for fear of offending) but it was still changed.

I dont care what shops say but when people like you feel like they could offend by saying Merry Christmas someone needs to stand up and say "Hold the line, back the feck up, whats going on here"

Mock me all you like but you proved my point while saying I dont have one

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 11:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: LS650

Seasons Greetings.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

HAHAHA

Well I guess if having concerns and trying to discuss them rationally is being triggered you can call me triggered

Merry Christmas

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 11:18 PM
link   

And a MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL

Happy holidays! *__-

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 11:19 PM
link   

HAHAHA

Well I guess if having concerns and trying to discuss them rationally is being triggered you can call me triggered

Merry Christmas

But your "concerns" are other people being inclusive of religious and holiday customs beyond the scope of your own.

That is not a concern. That is a case of your self entitlement being threatened. That's called privilege. And when somebody complains because their privilege is being ignored, I call that being triggered.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Honestly, I have never been told to say happy holidays rather than Merry Christmas. Never once, not even a vague suggestion.

I think the issue is with people with a persecution complex.

Merry Christmas, to everyone!

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Ahhh yes, I need to check my privilege

All you SJWs need to calm down a tad, I have no issue with celebrating diversity.
I lived in a Muslim country for 6 years and always got into the spirit of Ramadan and Raya (Malaysian version of Eid)
and in my 2 years in a Buddhist country (Laos) I thoroughly enjoyed Wessak and Pi Mi.
Malaysia also has a significant Chinese and Indian population so was lucky enough to celebrate Gong Xi fa chi and also Diwali amongst a host of other festivals and occasions.

Many of these celebrations fell around the same time in different years due to some using the solar calendar and some using the lunar one.
When 2 holidays from different religions fell on the same days no one felt the need to worry about offending or "being inclusive". Sharing your traditions,foods, greetings, customs etc in an unabridged and non sanitized way was done without any offence given or taken.

If your celebrating Hanukkah say "Happy Hannukah", If your celebrating Christmas say "Merry Christmas".
If you dont give a toss about either holiday but still wanna be in the spirit say "happy holidays" or whatever you want.
Just dont censor yourself from saying something that is meant to be friendly and inclusive for fear that someone may take it the wrong way.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Just dont censor yourself from saying something that is meant to be friendly and inclusive for fear that someone may take it the wrong way.

I don't know anybody who does that. In fact, the only time I censor myself is when I'm in the company of obvious conservatives and I'll say "Merry Christmas" to avoid triggering them.

When I say "happy holidays", it's honestly because I normally have no clue what the person I'm talking to celebrates. It's not because I'll offend somebody (except martyr-ready Christians), it's because I'm just being thoughtful.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 12:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

I don't know anybody who does that. In fact, the only time I censor myself is when I'm in the company of obvious conservatives and I'll say "Merry Christmas" to avoid triggering them.

When I say "happy holidays", it's honestly because I normally have no clue what the person I'm talking to celebrates. It's not because I'll offend somebody (except martyr-ready Christians), it's because I'm just being thoughtful.

Whether you like to admit it or not your "thoughtfulness" is self imposed censorship.
If the only ones who take offence are the hardcore Christians by your logic wouldnt it be safer to just say Merry Christmas and then correct yourself if its not what they celebrate?

You can play semantics all you like but your decision to use or not use Merry Christmas comes down to a fear of offending one way or the other.

Would it be "unthoughtful" for a Muslim to wish you happy Eid or for a Jew to say happy Hanukkah?

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 12:10 AM
link   

I say both together: "Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays"

For the same reason as you - - I don't know.

However, even saying both - - I've had a Christian admonish me for including Happy Holidays.

Their problem - - not mine.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 12:11 AM
link   

I don't believe I've ever met someone irl offended by one of the Holiday greetings. If I use one in specific it may be because I know there personal belief.

Same, and I also don't care if someone says, namely ones I don't know, Happy Holidays or Merry Christmas towards myself, accepting either one is a lot easier than explaining ones own spiritual beliefs as it is.
edit on 2-12-2016 by dreamingawake because: posted too soon!

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Whether you like to admit it or not your "thoughtfulness" is self imposed censorship.
If the only ones who take offence are the hardcore Christians by your logic wouldnt it be safer to just say Merry Christmas and then correct yourself if its not what they celebrate?

You can play semantics all you like but your decision to use or not use Merry Christmas comes down to a fear of offending one way or the other.

Would it be "unthoughtful" for a Muslim to wish you happy Eid or for a Jew to say happy Hanukkah?

Again, you're confusing fear of offending with basic thoughtful semantics. My goodness, I'll explain it differently. "Happy holidays" is my default because it's a catch-all. Whoever is in front of me will relate to that, no matter their religion.

It's like saying "we have twelve months" instead of saying "we have twelve Augusts". Because not every month is August. It's not because I'm afraid of offending the other months; it's because it might not be August.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join