It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When did the hate take over?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

To me this is a result of the two minute burrito instant gratification society we live in today.

Who you callin "burrito" ese?

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

You obviously haven't been reading many posts from the right on this site, have you.

Let me sum them up for you:

"The evil left wants to ruin this country! They want to take all our freedoms away so they can rule over us with their evil ways! They won't be happy until everyone is beheaded by the evil refugee Muslims! Evil, I tell ya! Evil!"

I'll make sure to keep my eyes open.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Martin75
I was in Gatlinburg yesterday, The fire was completely indiscriminate and apolitical. Hundreds of homes and business gone up in smoke. Loved ones killed, others horribly burned. In many cases lifetimes worth of work destroyed and careers in shambles. Emergence services personal have seen things that will haunt them for ever.

The few animals who want to make this about politics are beneath my contempt.
edit on 1-12-2016 by Nickn3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
a reply to: Bluntone22

To me this is a result of the two minute burrito instant gratification society we live in today.

Who you callin "burrito" ese?

You full of beans bro?

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

You obviously haven't been reading many posts from the right on this site, have you.

Let me sum them up for you:

"The evil left wants to ruin this country! They want to take all our freedoms away so they can rule over us with their evil ways! They won't be happy until everyone is beheaded by the evil refugee Muslims! Evil, I tell ya! Evil!"

I'll make sure to keep my eyes open.

I'd be happy to u2u you every post I come across just like that - but your inbox would get filled pretty quick.
edit on 1-12-2016 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Nickn3
It deeply sickened me to see those tweets. My husband and I were married in Gatlinburg and our honeymoon cabin was there. I am planning on going down in January just to help support the local economy. I encourage everyone to visit. It is an amazing place with some of the most amazing people you will ever meet!!!

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Necrobile

Uummm, humans have always been this way. You can look throughout history and read about people being terrible to one another. The only difference now is that you can easily read their thoughts thanks to social media.

I think you may have missed the OP's point. Look at how neighbor treated neighbor in the 50's compared to today. Even if there was a disagreement, there was always a point of respect, and a line you wouldn't cross, (most of the time) out of decency. Times have truly changed. Even since right after 9/11 you can see a huge difference. After the attack America was mostly united. I remember plenty of streets in my neighborhood that all put flags out. People were closer just back then than they are now. It's unreal how bad it's becoming. The U.S. reminds me of Rome towards the end of it's run...

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Good thing it's just Republican houses burning.

This is exactly what the OP is talking about here. Crap like you type. You sir/ma'am, or whatever you are, are part of the problem if you don't see already with comments like these. What if it was your house burning? GOOD THEN???

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   

C'mon like there is not hate working the other way? Give up the Partisan Gloat it is unbecoming and be Glad Disco tRump will fix everything, just look at the other Plutocrats already installed in his Cabinet, and if you're lucky Dingbat Palin will join the Club to Make America Great Again. Can't wait.

Oh and get ready for 4 years of Hate, Democrats learned this from the Republicans.

I voted for Pat Paulsen.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   
no one voted Voldermort ?

shame...

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: gunshooter

I think you may have missed the OP's point. Look at how neighbor treated neighbor in the 50's compared to today. Even if there was a disagreement, there was always a point of respect

Unless you had black skin. Remember there was segregation in the 50s. Seperate schools, even drinking fountians. You want to return to those days?

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

Interesting that you called me out, but didn't respond to David's post about the "evil left". I noticed he got a bunch of stars for his post. One of those come from you?

Now you're just being petty about who is responding to what, and who is giving stars to whomever for whatever reason. All moot points. Own what you are saying without drifting to far there.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

I think you may have missed the OP's point. Look at how neighbor treated neighbor in the 50's compared to today. Even if there was a disagreement, there was always a point of respect

Unless you had black skin. Remember there was segregation in the 50s. Seperate schools, even drinking fountians. You want to return to those days?

don't throw a curve ball into my comment where one is not needed, twisting my words does you no good, you missed my point as well. Fine, segregation yes, in the 50's yes. I was referring to neighbors being neighborly, like in neighborhoods, and being good citizens to your neighbors. Even within the segregated communities------ white communities neighbors treated each other better, black communities, neighbors treated each other better. I'm not talking about the racism or segregation, I'm talking overall community demeanor, are you on board yet?

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   
You speak of hate taking over. You claim to be affected by it. You bring up valid and supportive points without apparent bias, such as:

We’ve seen Hollywood (I use them because they have a loud enough voice to be heard) call people horrible names because they don’t see eye to eye.

You used celebrities' behavior as an example that everyone can relate to, again, without any obvious bias. What you are saying here is quite true. But then after that, you adjust fire and embody the very thing that you profess to be so outraged over, by saying things like:

They rant and rave because America didn’t vote for Hillary. 

By making that remark, you turned what started out as a basis for thought provoking discussion into just another senseless thread dedicated to the task of bashing Hillary supporters and victimizing Trump supporters. Every one of those fake ass tweets (yes, they are absolutely fake) that you cherry-picked for shock value (because the other ones are soooo bad) are highlighting negative behavior from only the alleged Hillary supporters, while completely ignoring the fact that there is another side to this that has been just as hateful and whiny and spiteful and downright childish as any of them.

People who do things like that have no true desire to quell the hate and intolerance and aggression. People like that feed off of the negativity like parasites, seeking to perpetuate the cycle by manipulative trolling and baiting and attracting the attention of other hypocrites to add fuel to the fire, which is precisely what is happening here.

We used to stand behind our fellow neighbors. We used to try to help those that are down. Now because they hold different views, we wish death and destruction upon them? 

Those words are very moving and eloquent, and I'm sure they would resonate with a great many people. It is a shame that they were used to perpetuate the cycle of hate rather than as the calm voice of reason from a person who is trying to lead by example with class and integrity.

I am so ashamed.

You should be.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

Thank you for saying what I was attempting to say, but you said it with much more eloquence.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen
I'm sorry you see it that way. Please find the tweets from Trump supporters that is asking for Gatlinburg to burn and I will post them. THAT is what lead me to make this post. If you find them I WILL gladly post them. I haven't seen them.

edit on 12/1/2016 by Martin75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: gunshooter

This is exactly what the OP is talking about here. Crap like you type. You sir/ma'am, or whatever you are, are part of the problem if you don't see already with comments like these. What if it was your house burning? GOOD THEN???

Umm.
I voted for Trump. So...

I was making fun of the idiots that must have thought only Republican houses were burning.

Sarcasm buddy, Sarcasm

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: gunshooter

Umm.
I voted for Trump. So...

I was making fun of the idiots that must have thought only Republican houses were burning.

Sarcasm buddy, Sarcasm

Cause I'm supposed to be a mind reader right? Sarcasm is hard to detect in typed messages sometimes, remember that.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Maybe you shouldn't overreact when you read something. You could ask for a clarification before assuming you know intent in written word.

But that comes back to part of the OP's point.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Wow that first tweet is really mean. How can humans be so cruel? I say be nice to all. Great thread.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join