It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans Bought Enough Guns on Black Friday to Arm the Marine Corps

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: JesusXst
a reply to: schuyler

Well, I don't think The Marines would ever turn on their own Countrymen so I'm not concerned.

OK, I hope not, too, but how do you see this going down? Americans have tens of millions of guns to "protect" themselves against the oppressive government that wants to restrict them. Based on the recent past, what usually happens in protests that get out of control, i.e. insurrections, is the local governor will call out the National Guard, which arrives, armed, the "restore order." Do you suppose these Glocks will be used then?

Not then? OK, what if a breakdown occurs and certain citizens take to the streets to take out other citizens. Are we armed citizens going to take out other fellow citizens who are also disaffected with TPTB?

originally posted by: tkwasny

This has been gamed out is the war colleges time and time again. I personally know of the Newport, RI one. Initially there will be a national 10:1 kill ratio. The armed forces are completely eliminated is 10-12 days as civilians attack armed forces and every politicians homes and start killing the wives, children, parents, brothers, sisters, dogs and cats. You didn't think war was clean or fair did you?

Right. A bunch of disorganized citizens are going to take out the entire armed forces of the US, plus their families and pets, using their Glocks and Ar-15s. Nice fantasy that amounts to a teenage wet dream using a Playstation. Who is the enemy here anyway? Armed citizens are basically conservatives who hate the left and the bureaucracy. Your scenario will never happen.

edit on 11/30/2016 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: JesusXst

That is some very positive news! Imagine the number if Clinton had won...

There's a real good reason I reinstated my FOID after it lapsed
half a lifetime ago, burdman. All I had to see was Hillary in front
of the even questionable polls. No-brainer: and I've got a whole
lifetime of experience with that one-^ . PS great thread, Jeffrey.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

originally posted by: JesusXst

Well, I don't think The Marines would ever turn on their own Countrymen so I'm not concerned.

OK, I hope not, too, but how do you see this going down? Americans have tens of millions of guns to "protect" themselves against the oppressive government that wants to restrict them. Based on the recent past, what usually happens in protests that get out of control, i.e. insurrections, is the local governor will call out the National Guard, which arrives, armed, the "restore order." Do you suppose these Glocks will be used then?

Not then? OK, what if a breakdown occurs and certain citizens take to the streets to take out other citizens. Are we armed citizens going to take out other fellow citizens who are also disaffected with TPTB?

originally posted by: tkwasny

This has been gamed out is the war colleges time and time again. I personally know of the Newport, RI one. Initially there will be a national 10:1 kill ratio. The armed forces are completely eliminated is 10-12 days as civilians attack armed forces and every politicians homes and start killing the wives, children, parents, brothers, sisters, dogs and cats. You didn't think war was clean or fair did you?

Right. A bunch of disorganized citizens are going to take out the entire armed forces of the US, plus their families and pets, using their Glocks and Ar-15s. Nice fantasy that amounts to a teenage wet dream using a Playstation. Who is the enemy here anyway? Armed citizens are basically conservatives who hate the left and the bureaucracy. Your scenario will never happen.

ok.. Let me just say I wouldn't entertain the thought. At all. I don't believe people will become animals over night i think people would actually side with each other before going crazy.

Again I just dont see that happening. More like the opposite would likely occur.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 09:16 PM
link   

That's a lot of guns, better to be with than to be without.

they wont take your guns until they have taken your free speech...

oh didnt obama sign the end to free speech..

yes and no one butted an eyelid..

Guns will do nothing against the most militraised government in the world.. Words have far more power..

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Martin75
I bought my hubby his big "toy" last Christmas. This year he just gets accessories.

That's what I'm talking about!! Owning firearms just to own them is so uninventive. You've gotta have some kind of fun with them or they're just as boring as unused tools.

Did he get you one in return?

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Americans Bought Enough Guns on Black Friday to Arm the Marine Corps

Except that none of the guns would ever be used to arm the Marine Corps.

Interesting. Right?

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: derfreebie

I'm sorry you live in such a draconian state. Alaska is a no-permit CCW state... I don't need any paperwork or license to conceal my handgun on my person.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 11:08 PM
link   

The Marines took an oath to protect us from enemies foreign AND DOMESTIC. ....you think a Marine would engage in a battle in a little town knowing that another Marine may be doing the same thing back in his own little home town? I think if the government ever tried to attack it's own people that most of the military personnel would probably go back home to protect it from the few that would follow those orders. ...

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Funny how you guys claim everyone is safer owning guns..and yet the mass shootings still go on.
Tell me, let's say everyone in a public area is armed as per your dreams, some guys comes in, starts shooting...then what happens? People start shooting at him right? Is everyone a great marksman in this fantasy? No one hits anyone else in the crossfires that are going on? See my point? Most people can't be trusted with cars..yet you want them to be allowed to shoot guns in crowded places to protect themselves? F*cking nuts..

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 11:24 PM
link   
a reply to: 3danimator2014

Statistically speaking:
The person wouldn't start shooting, because it is known everyone else has guns as well.

Cars result in more deaths than firearms.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 11:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3danimator2014
Funny how you guys claim everyone is safer owning guns..and yet the mass shootings still go on.
Tell me, let's say everyone in a public area is armed as per your dreams, some guys comes in, starts shooting...then what happens? People start shooting at him right? Is everyone a great marksman in this fantasy? No one hits anyone else in the crossfires that are going on? See my point? Most people can't be trusted with cars..yet you want them to be allowed to shoot guns in crowded places to protect themselves? F*cking nuts..

The reality if you open your mind, is that it is too late. You cannot disarm the people.

So mate, .... will you be the only un-armed person in that public area?

P

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Armed them with what? Pistols, bolt action rifles, shotguns and semi-automatics?

And I know the above post said something about war game simulations. . .

But serious, with drones, F-22's, Apache's, Stykers, and Abrams...

Besides, our military now has over a decade of asymmetrical fighting experience from Iraq/Afghanistan. American citizens also aren't insurgents, and haven't spent most of their life learning how to build IEDs and evade thermal cameras.

And if S really HTF they could always pull out the exotic stuff we haven't even ever seen in a combat role yet. If things were falling that badly apart, they might just call those boys back down.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: tkwasny

Not the cats!

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 12:08 AM
link   
For those of you who own a hand gun..

Have you ever tried to shoot anything with it, to see how it feels and works? Or, did you buy the gun, put it in your drawer when you got home, and it's been there ever since?

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Best part is this is not counting all the gun sales to CCW holders this is only counting the people who had background checks done on them. The actual number is well above 200k

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 12:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Have you ever tried to shoot anything with it, to see how it feels and works? Or, did you buy the gun, put it in your drawer when you got home, and it's been there ever since?

I go shooting once a month at least. My ten-year-old daughter is a crack shot with my Glock 19

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Well of course with the Democrats and the media trying to overturn the election.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl
Not last year....he had just gotten me the Ruger LCP 380 a little bit before though. (My favorite gun!!!)

originally posted by: carewemust

Honestly, if you buy a gun just to stick in your drawer then you are not a very good gun owner. My husband and I go shooting at least every other month. You need to learn to handle each gun that you own and learn the little intricacies of each one. It is a wonderful hobby to have.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Yes sir, I shot & killed a home invader. Shot at him 5 rounds hit him with 4. He dropped & died about 15 from my front door. His partner, I shot at as well put 4 rounds into the car. If I would not have had a firearm. I most certainly would be dead at the moment. I collect firearms, I shoot firearms but most of all I respect what that firearm can do in the right hands.a reply to: carewemust

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358

originally posted by: 3danimator2014

The reality if you open your mind, is that it is too late. You cannot disarm the people.

So mate, .... will you be the only un-armed person in that public area?

P

Oh, i know that its too late for americans at this point. They made their bed and tey have to lie in it. The next public shooting should be just round the corner folks.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join