It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans Bought Enough Guns on Black Friday to Arm the Marine Corps

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: gunshooter

originally posted by: Abysha
a reply to: JesusXst

This is why I don't bother with 2nd amendment arguments. What's the point? That's like trying to take away smart phones from everybody. Guns in America are so ubiquitous, it's absurd to think we could actually change that.

And why exactly would you want to change that??? That, being one of our constitutional rights? Not arguing, just curious?

Because, based on objective evidence, guns net an overall harm and violence to Americans. They are weapons, used to injure and kill. That is the primary value they provide. Religiously, ethically, and morally, I can't condone the wide-spread ownership of guns.

But I'm also realistic and I support the constitution. So that leaves me in a place where I advocate for gun control but defend the right to own them.

It's like the abortion issue for me in the sense of personal ethics vs personal body.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha
Wow, I commend you. It must be hard to support something you don't like; but yet you do. Thank you.

I have had to pull out my gun (luckily seeing the weapon was enough and I did not have to use it) so I will never be without it when lawfully able.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Another thing people forget is a lot of people not only stockpile guns, but know how to use them and ow to teach others how to use them. If a revolution were to come you can bet your ass those guns will be handed out to other unarmed like minded revolutionaries, who'd then be taught how to fight as well. It'd make many people's head spin how fast the US could arm up if it came down to it.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   

You're very reasonable about the issue and thanks for sharing your thoughts.

I'm curious about your religious objection to guns? I'm unaware of any religious argument against hunting or target shooting?

I hunt because I prefer the healthier meat and it saves some badly needed money and has gotten me through winters I'd have otherwise not gotten through with enough food. I also enjoy target shooting and so do others which is why it's even an Olympic sport.

I see the problem being with the criminals, not the inanimate object they use like a gun or a baseball bat. Clean up the criminals and gangs and you get rid of the problem. At least that's how I see it and punishing the innocent for the actions of the guilty makes no sense. That's like the guilty until proven innocent mentality of less free nations in my opinion.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555

You're very reasonable about the issue and thanks for sharing your thoughts.

I'm curious about your religious objection to guns? I'm unaware of any religious argument against hunting or target shooting?

I hunt because I prefer the healthier meat and it saves some badly needed money and has gotten me through winters I'd have otherwise not gotten through with enough food. I also enjoy target shooting and so do others which is why it's even an Olympic sport.

I see the problem being with the criminals, not the inanimate object they use like a gun or a baseball bat. Clean up the criminals and gangs and you get rid of the problem. At least that's how I see it and punishing the innocent for the actions of the guilty makes no sense. That's like the guilty until proven innocent mentality of less free nations in my opinion.

Thank you for the kind words. My religious beliefs and spiritual beliefs are slightly different and I should have clarified that. My religious beliefs inform me of a spiritual analog that exists within the hunt and it is all-important to the cycle of death and rebirth but that is not necessarily needed as a literal expression. It also warns against harm thus frowning upon things primarily meant to cause it. And my spirituality informs me that harm pushes against love therefore tools of harm are tools against love in my eyes.

That said, we visit my brother-in-law every once in a while and he has a whole armory of boom sticks. And I admitted long ago that I really enjoy shooting them. My brother actually has an SKS (Chinese Assault Rifle?) and it's been my favorite so far (aside from shooting slugs out of a tactical shot gun). But don't tell anybody ANY of that.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Thanks for admitting that. Very cool.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 06:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: JesusXst

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

a reply to: schuyler

Well, I don't think The Marines would ever turn on their own Countrymen so I'm not concerned.

You ever study something called the "Civil War" in school? The soldiers weren't fighting foreign nationals. So yes there WOULD be soldiers who'd turn on their own countrymen if given the order.

Maybe if You were one of those Soldiers, you seem pretty uptight over this, but I could be wrong. I can't see the rest of them Fighting Against their own Countryman

Uptight? No. Just stating a fact. Humans do and are capable of doing all sorts of things and there are all sorts of humans in the military. It's just reality. Your wishful thinking isn't going to change that.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 08:44 PM
link   

a reply to: schuyler

Well, I don't think The Marines would ever turn on their own Countrymen so I'm not concerned.

You ever study something called the "Civil War" in school? The soldiers weren't fighting foreign nationals. So yes there WOULD be soldiers who'd turn on their own countrymen if given the order.

Maybe if You were one of those Soldiers, you seem pretty uptight over this, but I could be wrong. I can't see the rest of them Fighting Against their own Countryman

Uptight? No. Just stating a fact. Humans do and are capable of doing all sorts of things and there are all sorts of humans in the military. It's just reality. Your wishful thinking isn't going to change that.

Fair enough then. But I still stand on what I know, and the Majority of US Soldiers aren't going to be running around killing Americans, as wishful thinking as you believe, ain't gonna happen.

Might we just agree to disagree?

<< 1  2  3   >>

join