It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Americans Bought Enough Guns on Black Friday to Arm the Marine Corps

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 07:18 PM
link   
This in effect was Inevitable.

That's a lot of guns, better to be with than to be without.

tribunist.com...

Black Friday, a day of commercial consumerism. The lines are wrapped around the buildings waiting for the deals of a lifetime. While you might think most consumers are out there waiting for the latest new toy or the biggest TV, many buyers on Black Friday are buying something totally different. Black Friday is apparently the day to buy guns. Lots of guns!

According to the FBI spokesman Stephen Fischer, Black Friday shattered the single-day record for gun sales – with 185,713 background checks processed in a 24 hour period. Fischer told Business Insider that nearly 400 more transactions were processed on Black Friday than in 2015.

The number breaks down to slightly more than two background checks per second, or enough firearms to arm each of the 182,000 active duty members of the United States Marine Corps. Semper Fi!

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: JesusXst

This is why I don't bother with 2nd amendment arguments. What's the point? That's like trying to take away smart phones from everybody. Guns in America are so ubiquitous, it's absurd to think we could actually change that.

+13 more 
posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   
OORAH

.That's how we do it. Behind every blade of grass.

edit on 30-11-2016 by goou111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

Yes it's absurd, no one could take everyones guns, would never happen. But matching the marine corp in one day says a lot.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: goou111
OORAH

.That's how we do it. Behind every blade of grass.

Every half blade

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 07:48 PM
link   
You just can't pass up a good deal!!! I bought my hubby his big "toy" last Christmas. This year he just gets accessories.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

Awesome! That also makes buying gifts a lot easier.

+6 more 
posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   

That is some very positive news! Imagine the number if Clinton had won...

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Not to rain on the parade, but a single company of Marines could take out several hundred civilians armed with Glock 19's and AR-15's. Semi-automatics may make you feel good, but they're no match for Marine firepower. Most of these guns will stay in the safe with trigger locks on. This here civilian "militia" has got to get seriously "well organized" if it's going to pretend to be effective.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

That is some very positive news! Imagine the number if Clinton had won...

Oh it's great news yeah! & LOL to that, I can imagine it

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Well, I don't think The Marines would ever turn on their own Countrymen so I'm not concerned.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Good thing Americans don't need to worry about going up against a Company of fully equipped Marines.

As fun and as tempting as it might be to lay waste to the temper tantrum throwing snowflakes, it's not going to happen.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 08:08 PM
link   
If it ever gets to chaos, a person will have few people to place trust in, and probably rightly so.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6
A close friend sales guns and says the months leading up to Obama was some of his best sales. Everyone trying to stock up...just in case

Any military or law enforcement that I know will turn on the government before their fellow countryman.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Guns really don't lose there value. If you like guns you never have enough. Gun people are enthusiast , we collect- its like having only 1 screw driver with the same bit. you need many for different situations.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I'm glad I was able to contribute to some great American firearms manufacturer's bottom line. Through the years they have gotten enough of my money, that I'm sure I've bought a vacation home or two.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: openyourmind1262

That's a lot of money on guns, whoa.

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 08:29 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Me & mine like to call them "long range investments". Also I have an Uncle who has owned a gun shop since I was a child. Some folks do cars, some folks do boats, I do firearms.a reply to: JesusXst

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
Not to rain on the parade, but a single company of Marines could take out several hundred civilians armed with Glock 19's and AR-15's. Semi-automatics may make you feel good, but they're no match for Marine firepower. Most of these guns will stay in the safe with trigger locks on. This here civilian "militia" has got to get seriously "well organized" if it's going to pretend to be effective.

This has been gamed out is the war colleges time and time again. I personally know of the Newport, RI one. Initially there will be a national 10:1 kill ratio. The armed forces are completely eliminated is 10-12 days as civilians attack armed forces and every politicians homes and start killing the wives, children, parents, brothers, sisters, dogs and cats. You didn't think war was clean or fair did you?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join