It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans Bought Enough Guns on Black Friday to Arm the Marine Corps

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358

originally posted by: 3danimator2014
Funny how you guys claim everyone is safer owning guns..and yet the mass shootings still go on.
Tell me, let's say everyone in a public area is armed as per your dreams, some guys comes in, starts shooting...then what happens? People start shooting at him right? Is everyone a great marksman in this fantasy? No one hits anyone else in the crossfires that are going on? See my point? Most people can't be trusted with cars..yet you want them to be allowed to shoot guns in crowded places to protect themselves? F*cking nuts..

The reality if you open your mind, is that it is too late. You cannot disarm the people.

So mate, .... will you be the only un-armed person in that public area?

P

Oh, i know that its too late for americans at this point. They made their bed and tey have to lie in it. The next public shooting should be just round the corner folks.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: randomtangentsrme
a reply to: 3danimator2014

Statistically speaking:
The person wouldn't start shooting, because it is known everyone else has guns as well.

Cars result in more deaths than firearms.

Except thats bullsh*t and you know it. There will always be crazy people.

Cars are needed for daily life. Guns are not. This cars kills more people argument is so incredibly tired and simplistic. People need cars, therefore they accept the risks that come with them.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: JesusXst

Awesome, I just bought three new guns and am looking to get 2-3 more. It looks like I will need to buy a new 3k gun safe for all my weapons and ammo. I am going to make sure to exercise and defend my 2nd amendment rights.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: JesusXst
a reply to: schuyler

Well, I don't think The Marines would ever turn on their own Countrymen so I'm not concerned.

You ever study something called the "Civil War" in school? The soldiers weren't fighting foreign nationals. So yes there WOULD be soldiers who'd turn on their own countrymen if given the order.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

glad you are exercising your right to own guns/ rifles

however.... the government knows just where to go to get them thar guns

I have heard that the sales of guns from private collectors is not a traceable event.... Hmmmm !

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: St Udio
This is very true and if you are going to own I advise buying at least one in this manner.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

No person of good conscience would violate the Constitution to come and take my guns. Frankly, anyone that came to try to take them would be a traitor and would be shot as such.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Well, I don't think The Marines would ever turn on their own Countrymen so I'm not concerned.

You ever study something called the "Civil War" in school? The soldiers weren't fighting foreign nationals. So yes there WOULD be soldiers who'd turn on their own countrymen if given the order.

You should study that war some more. Fairly certain the Confederacy considered themselves a separate country, ergo they were not attacking countrymen.

Just sayin

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Ok thanks for the semantics mr. wise guy.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
Not to rain on the parade, but a single company of Marines could take out several hundred civilians armed with Glock 19's and AR-15's. Semi-automatics may make you feel good, but they're no match for Marine firepower. Most of these guns will stay in the safe with trigger locks on. This here civilian "militia" has got to get seriously "well organized" if it's going to pretend to be effective.

But they could not take out 2 millions of us and im sure out of 300 million people if you piss off 2 million to the point of rebellion there is enough fire power to take down the white house..

Either way this thread was not about americans taking on marines you maroon. It just a fun
thread showing how great this country is and the massive ammount of guns we have.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   

OK, I hope not, too, but how do you see this going down? Americans have tens of millions of guns to "protect" themselves against the oppressive government that wants to restrict them. Based on the recent past, what usually happens in protests that get out of control, i.e. insurrections, is the local governor will call out the National Guard, which arrives, armed, the "restore order." Do you suppose these Glocks will be used then?

Not then? OK, what if a breakdown occurs and certain citizens take to the streets to take out other citizens. Are we armed citizens going to take out other fellow citizens who are also disaffected with TPTB?

originally posted by: tkwasny

This has been gamed out is the war colleges time and time again. I personally know of the Newport, RI one. Initially there will be a national 10:1 kill ratio. The armed forces are completely eliminated is 10-12 days as civilians attack armed forces and every politicians homes and start killing the wives, children, parents, brothers, sisters, dogs and cats. You didn't think war was clean or fair did you?

Right. A bunch of disorganized citizens are going to take out the entire armed forces of the US, plus their families and pets, using their Glocks and Ar-15s. Nice fantasy that amounts to a teenage wet dream using a Playstation. Who is the enemy here anyway? Armed citizens are basically conservatives who hate the left and the bureaucracy. Your scenario will never happen.

Then you don't understand civil warfare. This isn't country vs. country. The outgunned citizens break up the organized armed forces when they scramble home to save their wives and children. Once decentralized it's man vs. man.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 12:48 PM
link   

OK, I hope not, too, but how do you see this going down? Americans have tens of millions of guns to "protect" themselves against the oppressive government that wants to restrict them. Based on the recent past, what usually happens in protests that get out of control, i.e. insurrections, is the local governor will call out the National Guard, which arrives, armed, the "restore order." Do you suppose these Glocks will be used then?

Not then? OK, what if a breakdown occurs and certain citizens take to the streets to take out other citizens. Are we armed citizens going to take out other fellow citizens who are also disaffected with TPTB?

This has been gamed out is the war colleges time and time again. I personally know of the Newport, RI one. Initially there will be a national 10:1 kill ratio. The armed forces are completely eliminated is 10-12 days as civilians attack armed forces and every politicians homes and start killing the wives, children, parents, brothers, sisters, dogs and cats. You didn't think war was clean or fair did you?

Right. A bunch of disorganized citizens are going to take out the entire armed forces of the US, plus their families and pets, using their Glocks and Ar-15s. Nice fantasy that amounts to a teenage wet dream using a Playstation. Who is the enemy here anyway? Armed citizens are basically conservatives who hate the left and the bureaucracy. Your scenario will never happen.

Then you don't understand civil warfare. This isn't country vs. country. The outgunned citizens break up the organized armed forces when they scramble home to save their wives and children. Once decentralized it's man vs. man.

It's cute that you think the military members would give a rat's ass about continuing to fight anybody once they "scramble home to save their wives and children." If something like that had happened while I was in, I wouldn't have given a good goddamn about you or anybody else unless you got between me and my kids and at that point it wouldn't matter if you were from the government or a civilian.

But y'know...good talk and all. We'll just pretend the tooth-to-tail ratio isn't roughly 10 to 1 right now, and that folks like you itching to go pick a fight with somebody in the uniform are far more likely to wind up fighting an admin clerk than you are an infantryman.

#badass
edit on 1-12-2016 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   
good to know that if there's ever a civil war and the military is deployed at home, that we've got them severely outgunned

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: acackohfcc
good to know that if there's ever a civil war and the military is deployed at home, that we've got them severely outgunned

So how are the civilians going to outgun a B 52? Abrams? Apache longbow? F 35 a ? Hmmm?

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

This is why I don't bother with 2nd amendment arguments. What's the point? That's like trying to take away smart phones from everybody. Guns in America are so ubiquitous, it's absurd to think we could actually change that.

And why exactly would you want to change that??? That, being one of our constitutional rights? Not arguing, just curious?

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: pikestaff

Don't need to, unlike wars on foreign soil all the bases these come from are in or near civilian neighborhoods. They gonna bomb themselves?

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   
The Only way the Millitary would ever go after Civilians, would be if they were Lied to. Why whom? By their Commanding Officers [or some other chaos of their choosing].

All lies lead to Hell.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: goou111

That was 70 years ago.

There's a gun behind every gun behind every blade of grass (and the people carrying the guns have side arms and reloads).

The scary thing is about 1/2 of them know how to shoot and perform maintenance on their weapons.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Maybe if You were one of those Soldiers, you seem pretty uptight over this, but I could be wrong. I can't see the rest of them Fighting Against their own Countryman
edit on 1-12-2016 by JesusXst because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

Awesome, I just bought three new guns and am looking to get 2-3 more. It looks like I will need to buy a new 3k gun safe for all my weapons and ammo. I am going to make sure to exercise and defend my 2nd amendment rights.

Nice, sounds like a great idea!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join