It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time travellers could use parallel dimensions to visit the past, scientists claim

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   

There are multiple timelines playing out in parallel universes, according to a team of researchers.

The sensational claim was made by a team of physicists, who believe that the parallel universes can all affect one another.

Professor Howard Wiseman and Dr. Michael Hall, from Griffith University’s Centre for Quantum Dynamics, claim that the idea of parallel universes is more than just science fiction.

Fellow researcher Dr. Dirk-Andre Deckert, from the University of California, helped further the researchers’ theory, which goes against almost all conventional understanding of space and time.

www.foxnews.com...

Reminds me of the whole John Titor story, and parallel universes/timelines. Is science really starting to slowly accept this idea? There is more at the link. What does ATS have to say?

I am not one to just believe anything, but it is interesting to have these guy's at least acknowledge the idea and theory.
edit on 30-11-2016 by iTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

I think some of the things we're hearing in the alternative media are showing that both the unified/static time-stream and many worlds (infinite parallel timelines accounting for all possible outcomes) are in fact correct and linked.

Thought/time/space are all interconnected and necessary components of what we perceive as reality.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tman2135

I think some of the things we're hearing in the alternative media are showing that both the unified/static time-stream and many worlds (infinite parallel timelines accounting for all possible outcomes) are in fact correct and linked.

Thought/time/space are all interconnected and necessary components of what we perceive as reality.

It seems as it is almost too unbelievable to mainstream science that it would take a miracle to rewrite the books, if this all is actually true.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   
looks like Stephen King got it right with his Dark Tower series, the first book of which was published in 82. Multiple parallel universes that interact and effect each other. Very awesome. Makes perfect sense to me.

"Go then, there are other worlds than these!"

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: CallmeRaskolnikov
looks like Stephen King got it right with his Dark Tower series, the first book of which was published in 82. Multiple parallel universes that interact and effect each other. Very awesome. Makes perfect sense to me.

Hmm.. I will have to check those books out.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   
We collided with a parallel timeline that created an alternative timeline leading to the election of Donald Trump.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Fellow researcher Dr. Dirk-Andre Deckert, from the University of California, helped further the researchers’ theory, which goes against almost all conventional understanding of space and time.

This sounds very sensationalised to me , especially calling it a theory or are they talking about a different theory the reasearchers are working on?

edit on 161130America/ChicagoWed, 30 Nov 2016 12:16:49 -0600000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: ausername

Could that be the result of high tachyon flow caused by nuclear weapons radiating into the past from the nuclear war with Russia we'd be involved in 1-2 years from now had HRC won the election?

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Next they will be seeking money to try to find a way to prove these parallel universes exist, then they will need mega bucks to try to be able to visit them. Someone will invest in their scheme that even the scientists themselves may not know is a scheme.

I'll donate five cents. If everyone in this country donated five cents, just think how much money it would generate to pay those guys to run this project that has very little ability to accomplish anything other than giving them a salary.

Sounds like the donations for cancer research, it is not in the researchers best interest to find a cure.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Tman2135

On the original timeline Trump dropped out early in the primaries, it was Cruz or Hillary in the general election. Hillary won, and by March 2017 we were well into WW3.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Fascinating if it turns out to be true. And the implications for man kind (however many copies) will be incredible!

It has been speculated for many a year that we exist in a parallel multidimensional universe and just maybe we are getting close to providing testable evidence to confirm that this is in fact reality! Albeit multiple realities!

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I can see the future precognition style every once in awhile and while it's far from set in stone, as long as you show up it is absolutely possible to do that and in my experience the outcomes are exactly how I had dreamed/remote viewed them.

I've just been catching glimpses of sometimes our realities pas/future and others past.

By doing what I have seen in my dreams my life has turned out to a large degree how I forsaw it lending some credit to the idea that everything happens for a reason in my mind or at least little is actually left to chance.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 12:46 PM
link   

It's all just theories...just theories..

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Is science really starting to slowly accept this idea?

They got it from me,. Well, not me. I been saying for a while but I got it originally from Carl Sagan.

His talk on other dimensions and all...
Theres this point, I mean line-- erm, square and cube that leads to a hypercube that presents a POV that encompasses everywhere and everywhen, all at once.

The physicists better wake up, i mean remember, i mean watch this...

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I saw this a couple years ago...blew my mind

I enjoy these types of threads, it's what got me lurking on ATS in the first place.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   
As a kid I had those main thoughts about the universe:

a) If it´s infinite, there are infinite me´s doing the exact same thing I do. Then there are infinite me´s, doing almost the exact same thing. Then there are infinite me´s doing the exact same thing but not wearing shoes. In this infinite infiniteness, everything has already happened and will happen.

b) If nobody looks into a room, it´s not there. To be precise, without knowing about photons, I thougt as soon as something is not observed, it "isn´t".

I also could not grasp, that others can not grasp my concept of infinite. The standard answer always was: "But somewhere it has to stop." No one ever asked the question, how this can all work in 3D space? I would have answered there are infinite dimension. Mind blown.

Turns out, at least with b) I´m was not alone, as I´ve read similar things here on ATS from members who said they thought something along those lines as a kid, too.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I'm going to write a thread making the case for the true nature of our reality and I believe that we are constantly shifting through parallel realities.
It's our consciousness and intention that directs which reality we create for ourselves.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: mclarenmp4

And we have a co-creative consciousness that the majority of humanity is unaware of. Time and space and thought/spirit/soul are inextricably linked. As a result WE create our reality.

There are a lot of theories that the so-called "Mandela Effect" is real and is a result of us re-writing our timeline as we go. "Edits" to our current worldline/timeline may speed up as more and more of us wake up and realize that we have an effect in manifesting our reality.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: CallmeRaskolnikov

I loved the Dark Tower Series.

Truly his magnum opus...

Just started reading one of his newer works "Revival".

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Like everything else, I tend to look at reality as a matter of statistics applied to perceptions. Kind of like this:

These are shotgun pellet blasts, but imagine if they represented clustered not-entirely-random events within a particular fraction of time. The little circle in the middle represents your perception of what's going on. What's basically happening is that there is a lot of random and non-random stuff happening in various dimensions, but we are generally locked into our perceptions of what's happening (because we perceive time as linear) such that it seems to be relatively stable. Our perceptions waver a little, though, and every once in a while we catch a glimpse of a stray shot, a random event happening in another dimension that we manage to perceive. Usually, we just slide back into our own reality, but the glimpse gives us a brief look at what's really going on.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join