It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time travellers could use parallel dimensions to visit the past, scientists claim

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: CallmeRaskolnikov
looks like Stephen King got it right with his Dark Tower series, the first book of which was published in 82. Multiple parallel universes that interact and effect each other. Very awesome. Makes perfect sense to me.

"Go then, there are other worlds than these!"

If we can just find the right doors...

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Sometimes you make a right turn when you really think it's supposed to be left. And life goes on reply to: Snellius

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: mclarenmp4

Imagine that when this "world/construct" was created that all possible configuration of the universe were created, each as a single frame. Every single possible configuration of reality exists

So that would mean that every single eventuality that you could possibly think of would have to happen.

ergo in some alternate dimension I'm going to join the military and get shot in the balls.......billions of times!

fantastic.

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Argyll

Imagine that when this "world/construct" was created that all possible configuration of the universe were created, each as a single frame. Every single possible configuration of reality exists

So that would mean that every single eventuality that you could possibly think of would have to happen.

ergo in some alternate dimension I'm going to join the military and get shot in the balls.......billions of times!

fantastic.

Billions? That's sounds more like Hell to me. 'cringe'

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 04:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Snellius

The Apple Adam ate was a door. Eat it, treat it responsibly, find green apple. Is it right to expedite that process? Not my decision. I'm having enough trouble connecting with the people who found the doors I left laying around.

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: mclarenmp4
I'm going to write a thread making the case for the true nature of our reality and I believe that we are constantly shifting through parallel realities.
It's our consciousness and intention that directs which reality we create for ourselves.

You'd enjoy the series, the Man in the high Castle.
edit on 25-12-2016 by ScreamingNinjas because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: spectranometron
The book of fudd is no more universal law than the bill of rights. it's no more than measurements.

The Book is no more Universal Law, as the textbooks that contain the 'laws' of physics.
It is the particular 'Law' that is of interest, not the book in which it is presented.
In your rash dismissal, you are admitting your ignorance.
If what I offered as a Universal Law can be refuted, all you would need is a single example to the contrary.
Or some irrefutable logic...
Without that, it matters little whether you 'like' that Law or not!

I'm guessing it was made by combining the firstborn of every new creation making it the full measurement of creation. If that's the case then why don't i have permission to, um, well, er, i don't know maybe give every possible consciousness in god's body put them all on a finite rock floating in space that they can't get off of and prove that came first. Sounds perfect to me.

I don't know what you're on about here, but you obviously do not understand what I wrote.
If you have any particular questions that you'd like me to elucidate upon (if understanding what I wrote matters...), feel free. *__-

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Argyll

fantastic.

And in billions of those realities...
you do it to yourself!

Hahahah

<< 2  3  4   >>

join