It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Castro. The last of the greats is Dead. Entering an Era of Mediocrity

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   
To expand,

I doubt his passing will have much of an impact really.

America will remember him as their cold war enemy but much of the world will remember him for his revolutionary ideals.

He hasn't held a position of authority in Cuba for 8 years, though he remained an influential leader. Lately he just wrote articles for the Party newspaper and gave interviews to foreign journalists on the state of the world.

There's rumours that Raul will step down for a new generation of party leadership. That would be the thing to look out for.
edit on -060002pm11kpm by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigent
you do it, then say if its a hop.

A hop is a figure of speech which shows the difference between "crossing the sea" and sailing 60km.

Sorry if you can't tell the difference.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

don't be a coward now, get a piece of board and cross those 33km of the channel, after all you said the vessel makes no difference.
edit on 26-11-2016 by Indigent because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigent
And if I do I will be able to say I crossed the sea?

You made an incorrect statement. It's no big deal. Move on.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Castro was a Stalinesque murderer.

You have no clue of what you speak of.

Great at killing anyone that disagreed with him with a firing squad maybe.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Yes you will be able to say you crossed the sea from uk to France, which you try to make it sound as not a big deal, not a life risk only very desperately people would do, which was my point, and your original point until you started to change it.

You move on.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Didn't take long to see this was a fail lol, as soon as I saw Mandela, that was it for me. Mandela was a criminal terrorist, he and his terrorist buddies killed innocent people. He got out of his cushy prison in February 1990 and almost immediately left for Russia for more indoctrination. I was there when he got out. Yeah. Mandela lol. Drink more kool-aid.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Let's all take a little read.

babalublog.com...

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   

I never said any of that. I said it wasn't crossing the sea. It was only 60K because it is only 60km.

No matter how you cross it, it is only 60km.

There are no seas on planet earth that are only 60km wide so your original statement was obviously an exaggeration and incorrect.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

The OP didn't say the leaders of the list were saints.

He said they made great differences, for better or for worse.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Ok then, get a board and do it and then say you just hopped 60km.

Is hardly "crossing the sea" you said and not the life risk i make it sound, just a hop according to you...

but i'm the one that does not get the point...

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigent
Ok then, get a board and do it and then say you just hopped 60km.

Why a board? That is you making it seem like that is the only way it is done, even though marg6043 shared that many arrive by plane or ferry.

So you proved that there is a difficult way to do something, which we already knew.

edit on 26-11-2016 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   

even though marg6043 shared that many arrive by plane or ferry.

not the first 60km

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   

I'm sure small boats make the trip. Even what you posted wasn't just a board.

Took a 70 km trip, both-ways, about 5 years ago. A few hours. A little sun burn but I never felt in danger even when the waves got a but violent and the "captain" sped things up to get back before a storm caught up to us.

So yeah, not everyone is risking their life to get out of Cuba. That was your point, right?

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

I have to agree with you, more and more people are singing "we don't believe you" with fingers in their ears.

One can hope it becomes harmonious given time.

PS, ATS the op stated Castro was great in stature... Just like Hitler or Stalin, the OP is correct, not one if you said who's Castro.

Give him/her a break.
edit on 26-11-2016 by RAY1990 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   

so you wont do it, ok

over 1 in 4 rafter is estimated to die leaving cuba, about 16000 over the period castro was president. clearly not a risk at all
edit on 26-11-2016 by Indigent because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

Didn't take long to see this was a fail lol, as soon as I saw Mandela, that was it for me. Mandela was a criminal terrorist, he and his terrorist buddies killed innocent people. He got out of his cushy prison in February 1990 and almost immediately left for Russia for more indoctrination. I was there when he got out. Yeah. Mandela lol. Drink more kool-aid.

Cheers - Dave

How about Hitler I guess you liked him...

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Castro was a great man; however, he is viewed politically or morally. He withstood great odds in even surviving numerous assassination attempts by the US Empire and ended up thriving in that environment. However flawed Castro was in many eyes, and he was a flawed leader, he single handedly wrested Cuba from decades of oppression and at least served his people by making them free from the starvation and slavery to the capital class in Cuba, There are no and will be no leaders anywhere near his stature coming any time soon because the world is being programmed into ignorance, mediocrity and slavish thinking where independent and powerful people are rare. 

No sure where you get your info from, but you're flat wrong. Groing up in Miami, I can't tell you how many families lost relatives at sea, floating from Cuba to Miami on a make-shift raft. They made the dangerous trip because they were starving to death in Cuba. If you exceeded your food rations, the communist neighborhood spies would have you thrown in prison. Can you imagine being thrown in prison for simply trying to feed your family?

My best friend's family owned a prosperous farm in Cuba before Castro took power. They had everything taken away from them and had to flee to Miami.

Maybe you should do some fact checking. Castro only fed himself.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   

I thought I was the only one who held a guilty/secret longing for all the old late, great dictators... Saddam, Ghaddafi, Castro, I don't know why but I just miss having them around. It's a different world without them, and sure, probably a better one. But I see it as all orchestrated. They have intentionally shifted our perspective of "enemy" from communism, rogue states, to a more faceless, less visible "enemy"... terrorists.

These dictators no longer have a use to the power elite, in fact they were getting in the way, so they, the ones who weren't forced out, are fading (already have faded?) away without any real charismatic replacements because the CIA is no longer molding them or supporting them/propping them up. They are working on other projects however... the mind controlled Manchurian assassins, the extremist religious zealout groomed to serve a purpose... many various groups being organized and put into action.

They need an enemy that can endure. A nation or dictator, as has been shown, can be toppled or otherwise defeated. But an ideology which knows no borders, has no allegiance to any nation, that looks just like me or you, and spans generations... now That... that is a boogey man that can be put to great use and get plenty of mileage out of it! And it excuses them for focusing on a more, ah... Domestic... warfare, surveillance, etc...

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Unfortunately, few even understand the post. Kudos to the few who did, at least they can think not just react as most here are so well trained to do, which validates the essence of the op, which was about the mediocrity of today’s leaders NOT LOVE OF CASTRO.

I don’t know whether the ignorance here is sad, comical, frightening or worse.

I've written hundreds of OP's and the response to this one is the worst I've ever seen

It really makes me certain to leave this form pretty soon because the intelligence level has gone so low

that's really sad for a lot of reasons

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join