It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Constitution lets the electoral college choose the winner. They should choose Clinton.

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 05:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: Vector99

Not really no with the exception of the Democratic faithless electors. So you are partially correct there.

7 Electors violating the law.

Texas - Required to vote for the winner.
Art Sisneros, a Republican elector from Texas - resigned rather than vote for Trump.
GOP rules State of Texas
Texas State Law 192.005 - VOTE REQUIRED FOR ELECTION

The set of elector candidates that is elected is the one that corresponds to the candidates for president and vice-president receiving the most votes.

Washington State - Required to vote for winner
Bret Chiafolo, A Democratic Elector - launched a campaign to convince electors of both parties to abandon their pledges and instead vote for a moderate Republican.
Washington state law - Elector voting

If an elector votes for a person not nominated by the party for which they are an elector, they are subject to a civil penalty of up to $1,000.

Colorado - Required to vote for winner
Michael Baca, A Democratic Elector - launched a campaign to convince electors of both parties to abandon their pledges and instead vote for a moderate Republican.
Levi Guerra - A Democratic Elector - Will do anything to keep trump out of office.
Bob Nemenich - A Democratic Elector - Faithless.
Jerad Sutton - A Democratic Elector - Faithless.
Polly Bac - A Democratic Elector - Faithless (not related to Michael)
Colorado state law - electors

Following the presidential election, Colorado’s nine designated electors meet in the Governor’s office to cast their votes for president and vice president. In 2016, the electors will meet on December 19, which is the first Monday after the second Wednesday in December.
Under Colorado law, each presidential elector must vote for the presidential and vice-presidential candidates who received the highest number of votes in Colorado’s General Election.

All electors from Washington State and Colorado are Democratic Electors who will not vote for Clinton as required under state law.
The one elector from Texas is Republican.

If they choose to ignore the will of the voters they should move to N Korea where dictators are the norm. They might agree with that more.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 05:35 AM
link   
a reply to: thepixelpusher

Or we could remove the pointless elector system.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 05:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: imjack

Or we could remove the pointless elector system.

Why? Just because your candidate lost, you want to craft a new law superceding a thoughtful law by our founders. If you'd like that move to N Korea where they install Presidents. Sounds like that is more to your liking.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 08:43 AM
link   

I think many will love to have California illegal population dictating who the president of the US should be by population.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Long-Shot to Block Trump Lands at Electoral College Monday
Bloomberg: www.msn.com...

The attempt to deny Donald Trump the presidency by trying to convince Democratic and Republican peers to back someone else is almost sure to fail. But it injects still more rancor in what already has been a divisive political season and serves as a capstone for a 2016 presidential election that will go down as one of the oddest in U.S. history.

Behind the drive is a group calling itself Hamilton Electors, led by two Democratic electors from western states. The name is a nod to Alexander Hamilton and his explanation of the need for the Electoral College, an entity the first U.S. Treasury secretary said existed to make sure that “the office of the president will never fall to the lot of any man who is not in an eminent degree endowed with the requisite qualifications.”

Just more proof that Donald has completely failed in bringing this country together. He has been a destructive and divisive candidate and there is no reason to believe that will change with him as president. To elect a guy that called on Russia to help hack his opponent and actually receive that help... the guy is a traitor unworthy of the presidency. He only cares about himself. His morals and ethics are completely based on his own gain. The electors should step up and show some courage and do what's right by NOT voting for Donald.
edit on 15-12-2016 by spiritualzombie because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: spiritualzombie
So the left is bat $hit crazy and that is Trump's fault? Your ideology explains exactly why he won!

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: imjack

Pointless.

Whatever you've gotta tell yourself, I suppose...

Frankly, I'm tired of trying, and obviously failing, to explain the purpose of the electoral college.

[sarc]You're right, it's pointless. [/sarc]

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Is there a profession that specializes in dead horse kicking?

I find it simply amazing that the MSM is going full bore with this. Describing how Demo electors from CA and such are "reaching out" to Rep voters in hopes to toss their vote.

Crazy but at the same time knowing that your vote could mean squat on someone else whim.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Why should they choose an inferior candidate?

Because Clinton is inferior.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

ah, but they'll say that they don't want she who I shall never name again. They want a "moderate" Republican, or something of that sort...

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 04:31 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

The 68 to 69 electors supposedly wanting the briefing on Russia are all Democrats with 1 Republican. I have seen an article where they tried to get an idea of how electors are voting and from what they have said all the Republicans reached planned on voting for Trump.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 04:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

That is the same info that I'm aware of as it stands.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualzombie
Long-Shot to Block Trump Lands at Electoral College Monday
Bloomberg: www.msn.com...

The attempt to deny Donald Trump the presidency by trying to convince Democratic and Republican peers to back someone else is almost sure to fail. But it injects still more rancor in what already has been a divisive political season and serves as a capstone for a 2016 presidential election that will go down as one of the oddest in U.S. history.

Behind the drive is a group calling itself Hamilton Electors, led by two Democratic electors from western states. The name is a nod to Alexander Hamilton and his explanation of the need for the Electoral College, an entity the first U.S. Treasury secretary said existed to make sure that “the office of the president will never fall to the lot of any man who is not in an eminent degree endowed with the requisite qualifications.”

Just more proof that Donald has completely failed in bringing this country together. He has been a destructive and divisive candidate and there is no reason to believe that will change with him as president. To elect a guy that called on Russia to help hack his opponent and actually receive that help... the guy is a traitor unworthy of the presidency. He only cares about himself. His morals and ethics are completely based on his own gain. The electors should step up and show some courage and do what's right by NOT voting for Donald.

Only in the fantasy movie playing in your mind. The market is soaring at all time highs when it was predicted a Trump win would tank the market. Trump saved the Ford jobs, Carrier jobs, and is working on Apple manufacturing jobs to be returned to the USA, all BEFORE he gets in office! Better than Obama's 8 years in only a month. That's the reality, not the nutso fantasy playing out in your wee little cortex.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Martin75
a reply to: spiritualzombie
So the left is bat $hit crazy and that is Trump's fault? Your ideology explains exactly why he won!

And by them clinging to a false hope they will ensure the majority of the USA will override and install more Republicans in the following elections. They just don't get it, that people think Trump is superior to Hillary. Sad mentally ill Dems.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Dem donations to IMPLODE!

Democratic donors call for Clinton campaign post-mortem

From the article.

Or, in the words of a Midwestern fundraiser who’s kept in touch with fellow donors, “A lot of people are saying, ‘I’m not putting another f*cking dime in until someone tells me what just happened.’”

Maybe the Dems should clean their own house before they try to move in to the White House.
edit on 16-12-2016 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

I find it simply amazing that the MSM is going full bore with this. Describing how Demo electors from CA and such are "reaching out" to Rep voters in hopes to toss their vote.

Crazy but at the same time knowing that your vote could mean squat on someone else whim.

I voted for Hillary in California....my vote has meant squat in 1980, 1984,1988, 2000, 2004, 2016....I hope squat happens to you, too...call it a shared experience

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Obamas press conference today blew up the last hope Clinton had by undermining the story Russia is to blame.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

Because the candidate you voted for lost or because of something else?

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

originally posted by: JinMI

I voted for Hillary in California....my vote has meant squat in 1980, 1984,1988, 2000, 2004, 2016....I hope squat happens to you, too...call it a shared experience

My vote for Gore against Bush was squat too. I understand some of what is felt now, but I wasn't protesting it or trying to overturn the election. I understood the electoral college, unlike the nutjobs today.

Looking back it's probably better that ManBearPig Gore lost. His truth is an inconvenient truth. At least Gore conceded gracefully, unlike the "I'll blame everyone and and everything but myself Hillary".
edit on 16-12-2016 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27 >>

join