It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Donald Trump Unloads on Mainstream Media

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+41 more 
posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   
So Trump calls for a special meeting of MSM people and decides to give them a piece of his mind !!

Apparently he told them of their bias against him during the whole pre-election coverage.

He especially *TOLD* Jeff Zucker that CNN is horrible !!

All this according to a "source" and confirmed by a 2nd "source".

Report: Donald Trump Unloads on Mainstream Media Bigwigs in Trump Tower Meeting

President-elect Donald Trump met with top reporters and anchors from mainstream media outlets at Trump Tower on Monday, where he reportedly admonished them for their biased coverage during the presidential race.

The meeting was reportedly “off the record,” but a source told the New York Post that the scene was reminiscent of a “firing squad.”

The New York Post reports:

President-elect Donald Trump exploded at media bigs in an off-the-record Trump Tower powow on Monday, sources told The Post.

“It was like a f—ing firing squad,” said one source.

“Trump started with Jeff Zucker and said I hate your network, everyone at CNN is a liar and you should be ashamed….

“The meeting was a total disaster. The TV execs and anchors went in there thinking they would be discussing the access they would get to the Trump administration, but instead they got a Trump-style dressing down,” the source added.

+23 more 
posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

If true, that is highly amusing. He does love screwing with the MSM so it's a believable story. :-)

+21 more 
posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   
So the President elect is trying to mess with freedom of speech.

If he doesn't like it, shouldn't he (to paraphrase a lot of people here) leave and go somewhere more to his taste?

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Get ready for 4 years of the media being completely against Trump.

Bad move on his part

edit on 21-11-2016 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

+40 more 
posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

He could have bought them chocolate and flowers and the result would be the same.

+38 more 
posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   

They've hardly been impartial to this point. They will be against him for four years regardless.

+6 more 
posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: neformore

So, ditch CNN and go with YouTube?

+60 more 
posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: neformore

If he doesn't like it, shouldn't he (to paraphrase a lot of people here) leave and go somewhere more to his taste?

Freedom of speech ?....Really ?....Do you consider the main stream media to be informed and objective ?

The media are great liars i am not sure dressing them down for being liars has and will in any way curtail free speech...

+79 more 
link   

Let me know when a law or policy damaging free speech is passed.

Yelling at a press pool is hardly a violation of the first amendment.

+37 more 
link   

the media has been against Trump from the get go. They treated him like # during the election by all helping Hilary instead of being non-bias in their reporting. They then get butt hurt when he goes to dinner without them? Oh poor babies lol The MSM deserved this verbal firing squad if you ask me lol and they have 4 years of President Trump's scorn. They showed up to the meeting hoping to find out what kind of access they would have. What they got was something they desperately needed.
edit on 21-11-2016 by roaland because: (no reason given)

+15 more 
posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Didn't stop you guys moaning when Obama decried some of Fox's stuff though, did it?

Sauce for the goose.

+13 more 
link   

originally posted by: VP740

So, ditch CNN and go with YouTube?

MSNBC will become the new mouthpiece.

And they as well as all of the MSM will be called out and heckled and hooted.

2016 has exposed the MSM beyond anything on record.

+14 more 
link   
Which is exactly why no one should take anything the press report seriously. When they are attacked as they do to others it's about freedom of press....4 more years of msm serving their own personal agendas whilst bleating on about how we should allow them to lie

+47 more 
posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   

The president-elect exercised his freedom of speech. What's your point?

+21 more 
posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Good, the media is just a propaganda mouth piece for the Govt and big business special interests.

For both parties, it's become an echo chamber that just enforces confirmation bias. There is nothing balanced or impartial about any of the media outlets.

They should all be ashamed of what they've become. None have any credibility left, if they ever had it.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Matrix76

They've hardly been impartial to this point. They will be against him for four years regardless.

you got your messiah....we will be watching for him to walk on water

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   

This is exactly my thoughts too........this is coming dangerously close to "report what I want you to report" Hes already got his Joseph Goebles......with the Brietbart network and Steve Bannon in his pocket and on his team......

Im not liking how this is lining up.......

+22 more 
posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   

No, Neff, he's not. All during the election the American people were told by especially CNN and MSNBC that Trump was losing and basically (I'm paraphrasing here) that you would be wasting a vote casting it for Trump because Trump is a racist, misogynist, sexual predating, assh0le SOB. I believe I would be a little upset with the main stream media if that had happened to me and I knew it wasn't true. So much for biased reporting...

Hope you are doing well, Neff!

link   
Oh thanks for this!!

Trust me, I've been waiting for this day foe Trump to get down.

link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

My point is that republicans knocked Obama and the democrats for decrying Fox with similar allegations about censorship.

So get used to this. Just because a republican is in power doesn't mean that the past 8 years of pissing and moaning automatically gets forgotten.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join