It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Monkey incident sparks clashes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   
A monkey sparked an all out war between to clans..

At least 16 people died and 50 were wounded in Libya in four days of clashes between rival factions in the southern city of Sabha, a health official said on Sunday.

And the main reason was because..

The monkey pulled off one of the girls' head scarf, leading men from the Awlad Suleiman tribe to retaliate by killing three people from the Gaddadfa tribe as well as the monkey, according to a resident who spoke to Reuters.

But that wasnt the end of it, it escalated fast..

"There was an escalation on the second and third days with the use of tanks, mortars and other heavy weapons," the resident told Reuters by telephone, speaking on condition of anonymity because of the denigrating security situation.

Reuters
edit on 20161120 by tikbalang because: image

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 06:19 PM
link   
The monkey did it.

No he didn't.

Edit: Gang warfare for control of turf has replaced the "regime". Turf boundaries are fought over just like in LA where nothing but the color of red or blue sets people to shooting at one another.

Colors:

edit on 20-11-2016 by intrptr because: Edit:

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I taught many Libyans for my previous job and for the most part really enjoyed it, but there are about a several who stand out in my memory as particularly warm, generous, intelligent and kind people. I really can't forget them.

The whole situation is just so tragic.

I'm ashamed that our government (and CIA) had a part in all of this.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang

And all this because some certain powers didn't like Gaddafi anymore

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Put that monkey incharge of libya. All will be ok.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 06:53 PM
link   
All this death and destruction over a monkey pulling an item of clothing off a girl. This stupidity is why I am not religious.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kalixi
All this death and destruction over a monkey pulling an item of clothing off a girl. This stupidity is why I am not religious.

Islam is the only religion where if a monkey does a silly thing, then people will die including the monkey.

It would be easier to stay alive in the Italian Mafia and die of old age than what you get joining Islam.

edit on 20-11-2016 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 08:32 AM
link   
So just to throw this out there, i mean, if anyone let a monkey loose on my kid, I'd probably kill them and their family as well. Not sorry, don't come for my child. You just never know how truly crazy someone is. Why take that chance?

But since it didn't happen to me I'll just sit here in shock that something like this actually occurred.

Really though..... letting a monkey loose on a little girl.... did they think the family would just be like "oh man that sucks, we will file a police report and hope our kid doesn't have rabies or aids or whatever else monkeys carry....?

-Alee

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: NerdGoddess
So just to throw this out there, i mean, if anyone let a monkey loose on my kid, I'd probably kill them and their family as well. Not sorry, don't come for my child. You just never know how truly crazy someone is. Why take that chance?

But since it didn't happen to me I'll just sit here in shock that something like this actually occurred.

Really though..... letting a monkey loose on a little girl.... did they think the family would just be like "oh man that sucks, we will file a police report and hope our kid doesn't have rabies or aids or whatever else monkeys carry....?

-Alee

The monkey pulled the head scarf off of a girls head. You call that an attack.....worthy of capital punishment? That mentality is identical to the illogical exacerbation of the tragic event above. It's good to know we have such level headed people here in the USA to set the example.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   
The monkey was probably the most civilised and intelligent thing in that area.....

And Germany wants to let these "people" into europe on mass......
edit on 21-11-2016 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

It is what it is. Me personally? Don't come for my child. What I read said it bit and scratched her. Not just pulled her scarf off. I'm just saying you don't know how crazy people are. So don't mess with peoples children.

Sorry we don't live in your fantasy world.

-Alee

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 09:17 PM
link   
This fills me with so much hope that our cultures can coexist...

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: NerdGoddess

if anyone let a monkey loose on my kid, I'd probably kill them and their family as well.

A shining example of why gun control may not be such a bad thing .

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I want to call the people involved Neanderthals but I don't think that would be fair to our extinct ancestors. Seems like even they had more common sense/were more civilized than some of the people in the middle east..

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 06:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622
a reply to: NerdGoddess

if anyone let a monkey loose on my kid, I'd probably kill them and their family as well.

A shining example of why gun control may not be such a bad thing .

I don't own any guns, my imagination is far more creative than that, when it comes to my kiddo.

-Alee
edit on 12/2/2016 by NerdGoddess because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

Its too bad the monkey didnt grab one of the guns and shoot them itself like one in africa did. Ahh monkeyshines.

new topics

top topics

join