It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terrible///Family Of Soldier Killed on US Base booed on flight For /Deplaning First/

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Classy passengers booed a grieving father who's son was killed in the line of duty.

The father of a soldier who was killed last weekend in Afghanistan was disappointed and hurt after airline passengers booed him and his family as they flew to meet his son’s remains.

Stewart Perry, an ex-Marine who lives in Stockton, said the ordeal left him feeling disrespected.

“It was really disgusting on the passengers’ part,” he said Friday.

Sgt. John Perry was killed in an explosion at a US airbase and was honored in a memorial service on Thursday. Too bad people have no class.

His son, Sgt. John Perry, was one of two killed in an explosion at a United States airbase on Nov. 12. He was honored at a memorial service in Lodi on Thursday and will be buried in Arlington National Cemetery.

John Perry, 30, and Pfc. Tyler R. Iubelt of Tamaroa, Illinois, died from their injuries after the attack by an apparent suicide bomber at the Bagram Airfield at about 5:30 a.m. local time.

Perry's flight was late, and when it financially arrived at it's destination, the captain made an announcement to allow a “special military family” to get off the plane first. This caused some passengers to boo and bi!ch about paying for first class. Ungrateful in my opinion.

or unknown reasons, Perry said, the flight to Phoenix was 45 minutes late. The crew feared the delay might cause the Perrys miss their connecting flight.

So, when the plane landed in Phoenix, the captain made an announcement to let a “special military family” exit first and for passengers to remain seated Perry said.

Several passengers in first class began to boo and complain, Perry said.

www.recordnet.com...
edit on 20-11-2016 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-11-2016 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   
The country is full of self centered a hole's, not sure why people have no class or manners, many reason's I guess.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

I would like to walk up to each of these entitled twits who booed this family, who is doing something no father and mother should have to do, bury their son, and slap them in the face. The nerve of some people.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Makes me sick. Thats one aspect of modern Americans I REALLY hate. The total envy and hater mentality given towards the percieved perks of the profession of arms.

Lets not forget they ARE EFFING SHOT AT with all sorts of deadly crap....keep it in perspective.

The sacrifices and pain they endure....and your comfortable selfish ass cant be inconvenienced. (obviously not the OP)

God forbid they get to enjoy what may be a short life. God forbid their family is shown compassion and grace for what they sacrificed.

Makes me HATE.

edit on 11 20 2016 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: annoyedpharmacist

I can understand being pi$$ed after being treated as cattle having a TSA agent violate you, then sit in a cramped cabin.

But when you hear that a person was killed on duty, I would stand, thank and give my condolences to this family as they passed.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Most disgusting story I've heard in some time.

All I could think about was doing violent things to the sick bastards who booed a family who sacrificed for this nation.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Being in the military does not, and should not, be an automatic ticket into 'respect'.

There are deplorable people in the military, some more depraved than you know. Why should everyday people treat those with military families differently. If this was a time of actual strife, then fine, it's not.

The military is a SHAM now, they don't protect anything and they take their orders from the most anti-humanistic regime to ever 'grace' this planet.

Don't spread propaganda.

It's truly a shame their son has died and NO parent ever should have to bury their child, but let's not gloss over the fact that their child, regardless of how noble he might have been, was fighting for a bank. It's a disgrace but that's how it is, and WE SHOULD be allowed to say that without being marginalized. Outrage all round.
edit on 11/10/2012 by Joneselius because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   

That is the Attitude of the Elite "no one is better than me".

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Joneselius

Then you shouldn't elect the LEADERS who do that and YES you are a marginalized EVEN shunned group.
ANY social movement like that DOES deserve it.

edit on 20-11-2016 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Dollar signs to donuts says that this is either a fake story, or one family booed..

This screams of click bait a reply to: seasonal

edit on 20-11-2016 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Joneselius
If this was a time of actual strife, then fine, it's not.

They were flying to pick up their sons dead body....sounds strifey enough to me..

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   
So glad I was not on that flight... I would have ended up in jail.

To the people talking about what a sham the military is, do not paint the average soldier with the brush you use on the leadership of America.

You have no idea why that young man joined the military, and it is the height of arrogance to dismiss why they joined the military, to promote your agenda.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   
As far as I understand the article the "special military family" was the only announcement from the captain without any other given context ...

Perry said he does not know if the passengers from Sacramento knew there was a Gold Star family on board, nor does he know if there was a similar reaction from people sitting in coach.

I doubt they would have done that if they knew that this was a grieving family that had lost their son... still not very nice because what additional time did they have to wait? 2min maybe?
edit on 20-11-2016 by Whatever08152 because: addition

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Joneselius

So we just assume they are bad people because they are in the military?? How about people just act with class and dont say anything and leave the people alone to bury their son???

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: annoyedpharmacist

I'll join you with slapping all them first class a holes.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I think they booed at them because the pilot only said for "special military family" to leave first.

If he were to explain why they had to leave first then no booing would occur.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: luciferslight

Any thinking person would make the connection that there was something going on, or the captain wouldn't have brought it up.

I think they booed at them because the pilot only said for "special military family" to leave first.

If he were to explain why they had to leave first then no booing would occur.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tucket

originally posted by: Joneselius
If this was a time of actual strife, then fine, it's not.

They were flying to pick up their sons dead body....sounds strifey enough to me..

Too true, as well as that the whole idea was to enable the family to be able to catch their connecting aircraft since the plane they were on was very late.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Disgusting, acting like a bunch of entitled children that like to bully other. Booing someone because they got of the plane first, is like a temper tantrum that little kids have. Makes me sick when adults act like that, like it's so hard to let one family off first.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Jennyfrenzy

Agreed, it seems that the people booing have never experienced lose.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join