It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terrible///Family Of Soldier Killed on US Base booed on flight For /Deplaning First/

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Jennyfrenzy

Well said! It sickens me and we are seeing more and more adults behaving like this!

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   
My deepest respect for this family and their sacrafice. I pray they recognize most have a great appreciation for them, may God bless them

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Joneselius
Being in the military does not, and should not, be an automatic ticket into 'respect'.

There are deplorable people in the military, some more depraved than you know. Why should everyday people treat those with military families differently. If this was a time of actual strife, then fine, it's not.

The military is a SHAM now, they don't protect anything and they take their orders from the most anti-humanistic regime to ever 'grace' this planet.

Don't spread propaganda.

It's truly a shame their son has died and NO parent ever should have to bury their child, but let's not gloss over the fact that their child, regardless of how noble he might have been, was fighting for a bank. It's a disgrace but that's how it is, and WE SHOULD be allowed to say that without being marginalized. Outrage all round.

I have some words I'd like to say straight to your face. It's a good thing I cant.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   
booooooo

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

Then say them here.

You're exactly what I'm talking about, your self importance exceeds you.

I haven't actually said anything disrespectful and it's not my fault if people can't comprehend that.

I see the military, now, as an arm of a corrupt organisation (the government) and if I don't support the government, how can I support it's enforcement arm? Use your common sense here.

I said it was tragic what's happened and NO parent should bury their child, but spare me your outrage - I'm against the system THAT SENT HIM TO HIS DEATH.

Hypocrites you all. That's to all of you who can't understand CONTEXT and instead choose to argure emotional responses. Read what I typed. Some people understood it, why can't you. Threaten me with violence like that, you should be ASHAMED of yourself.

My father was in the military, two of my cousins are, my BEST FRIEND IS and they all agree with me.

This goes to everyone who has quoted me in this thread. You're all on ATS and yet you can't see past your own noses. Get over yourselves. You'd think I just stabbed someone. You do realize triggered responses are a part and parcel of having been controlled. Grow up and get a spine. Either argue your case or don't bother responding. Insulting people and berating them for their opinion is ridiculous, if you disagree SAY WHY don't just rely on others propagated reactions.

I'm about done with ATS lately..... Most posters here are 100% INCAPABLE of objective thought.
edit on 11/10/2012 by Joneselius because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: annoyedpharmacist

Where did I say these are bad people? You're not reading what I typed.

I said the military, at the moment, IS a bad organization. Do you disagree? I said 'SOME' people in the military, not all of them.

Thought I understand it's easier to cherry pick and marginalize after what I typed, go ahead.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Every one of these first-class twits should be forced to sit down and listen to stories from a veteran.

Whatever happened to the idea that we should "walk in another man's shoes"? And for those who may say I should empathize with the plight of the First Class passengers, I say you're right, maybe I should listen to their plight. I'm sure they had important places to be that trumped the burial of this soldier (aka a fellow human being). Right?

These idiots deserve to be pitied, they have no empathy. May they truly be humbled.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: misnomer68
I'm sure they had important places to be that trumped the burial of this soldier (aka a fellow human being). Right?

I mean... it's not like the body's going anywhere right?
edit on 11/20/2016 by eNumbra because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   

I said the military, at the moment, IS a bad organization. Do you disagree? I said 'SOME' people in the military, not all of them.

Thought I understand it's easier to cherry pick and marginalize after what I typed, go ahead.

Dont hate the player. Hate the game..

No one despises the military industrial complex more than I.... I can still recognize that these people are human beings who were late for a flight to pick up a deceased loved one...whats wrong with showing some compassion?

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Tucket

Right, this is now getting absurd.

WHERE DID I LACK COMPASSION. I feel like I'm being trolled at this point. It should not take more than 3 posts to clarify a position so that people get the CONTEXT. This is infuriating.

I ...... do........not........hate.........military........people < easy enough?

I do have compassion for his family, deeply - I truly do. But I have compassion also for people who are just going about their day. I do not ascribe to anyone an elevated status of 'I should respect this guy more than that guy' because it creates a scenario where you can be misled. Military people are just that, people. They have NO more inherent value than you or I, to say they do is absurd and, I dare say, anti-human.

We don't even get the context here on this story, how were the passengers to know that they were there for that reason? Did the pilot explicitly tell the people what was happening?
I feel if the pilot had no one would have booed at all - I wouldn't either.

Does that clear it up for you?

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tucket

Dont hate the player. Hate the game..

No one despises the military industrial complex more than I.... I can still recognize that these people are human beings who were late for a flight to pick up a deceased loved one...whats wrong with showing some compassion?

Its a american and anything american deserves scorn apparently. Got news though the military he dislikes so much would protect the people over the government if needed. Now I dont think Britains would go against their government and side with the people in the same situation.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   

a reply to: Tucket

Does that clear it up for you?

No..

Im still wondering how dealing with the death of a loved one doesnt qualify as strife in your mind..

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

There really are deplorable people in America. Every damned one of them who, "boo'd"

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Deplorable is only one word, the rest i cannot say here. Let me put it this way, there's too many to count.
edit on 20-11-2016 by brokenghost because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
The country is full of self centered a hole's, not sure why people have no class or manners, many reason's I guess.

I've completely lost respect for anyone under 40, unless they prove they are worthy of respect. Just when you think you've seen the lowest these clowns can go, they always seem to surprise you with new depths. A parent should never have to bury their child, but if they do respect of their loss and compassion is in order.

This is what you get when they took away spankings and parental discipline, a generation or two of varying degrees of me-me-me entitlement syndrome. This new Liberalism IS a mental disorder.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

The country is full of self centered a hole's, not sure why people have no class or manners, many reason's I guess.

I've completely lost respect for anyone under 40, unless they prove they are worthy of respect.

Why under 40? Is everyone over 40 a saint?

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: eNumbra

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

I've completely lost respect for anyone under 40, unless they prove they are worthy of respect.

Why under 40? Is everyone over 40 a saint?

No, but I find the cutoff date around 40 from my experience and I've dealt with a lot of people. I'm not saying I haven't worked with some scumbags over 40. There does seem to be however a preponderance of the disrespectful under 40 that have been polluted by the indoctrination process they call public education as well as the media biased progressive liberal propaganda.

I know a couple of guys in their 20's that are really good, honest, respectful, intelligent and hard working people, they were brought up old school, but they are not the norm.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   
They booed because the special military family got preferential treatment, maybe it would be better if why they got preferential treatment was explained
Many people who get preferential treatment don't deserve it and many people who don't get preferential treatment do deserve it
When vets are being ignored, when the attitude towards those in power ever decreases, it would be beneficial if explanations were offered
People are sick of having to serve the masters

How would anyone on the plane know that the family was going to receive their sons body, not some high ranking military official who caused it

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Joneselius

...Hypocrites you all. That's to all of you who can't understand CONTEXT and instead choose to argure emotional responses...

...argue your case...

The pilot described the passengers as a “special military family”.

The emotional response came from those who decided to boo the family.

Rather than taking that infantile approach, maybe the booing passengers should have waited and later directly asked the pilot or airline representatives what made the family so 'special'? Then they could have lodged their complaints, if any remained, more appropriately.

It really is sad when no-one is given the benefit of the doubt for anything anymore. Civility is dead. Emotions...assumptions...half-baked judgements rule...and we wonder why the world is going to #.

edit on 20-11-2016 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Why does the Captain have to explain why they're a special military family?

Anyone with half an ounce of gray matter between their ears should be able to figure out that there is probably a good reason for it...

Self-entitled children in adult bodies. Booing? Really? Are we that immature?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join