It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump expected to slash Nasa's climate change budget in favour of sending humans back to the

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone

Although a good thing here, i wouldn't bet on it just yet. It's my belief that trump should be more concerned with feeding the poorest legalized residents and sheltering them before digging in for a billion dollar budget to explore a moon that some don't believe is even real, or has been visited. What other planets ring like a bell?

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   
But .. who will help Muslims with their self esteem if not NASA?

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: brokenghost
What other planets ring like a bell?

All of them when a quote is taken out of context. It was vibrating, much like a bell would when it is struck, due to the moon's composition.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
I didn't think the president controlled the budget.
And I dint know he told nasa how to spend theirs.

Sounds like another irrational outburst to me.

What does Trump know about any of it - - - including how to pay for it.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Nope. Obama had no hand in it ...

The early education plan will be paid for by delaying the NASA Constellation Program for five years

web.archive.org...://www.barackobama.com/issues/pdf/PreK-12EducationFactSheet.pdf

Link doesnt want to work ... might have to copy and paste.

edit on 20-11-2016 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

OK, not really sure what you're saying.

But, Trump has made negative comments about Climate Change.

I personally support Private Space exploration. Dump the Space Station. And get real about colonizing.

edit on 20-11-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

I personally support Private Space exploration. Dump the Space Station. And get real about colonizing.

I am saying Obama did have a hand in how NASA spent their budget.

I would rather NASA work more on space than climate change. It's pitiful what America has become in that area.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xeven
US can make money back by mining the moon. Set up a Colony and deep space launch facility. Much cheaper to go into deep space from the moon once you got the infrastructure going.

Full disclosure I'm a NASA brat.

That being said, I've always heard that NASA ends up making more money than it costs, especially in new tech they develop. Not sure of literal truth but figuratively it's value in goods developed are priceless to some. Useless to starving man on the street....

Secondly lots of resources on the moon will open new industry.

Third those resources can be used to launch us throughout solar system as it's much easier to launch from moon, than Earth. Leading to even more new resources and Industry.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 06:31 PM
link   

I am saying Obama did have a hand in how NASA spent their budget.

I would rather NASA work more on space than climate change. It's pitiful what America has become in that area.

OK.

I think we're in agreement then.

I would seriously like to know what the hold-up is / has been on getting a base on the moon.

However, I am one who does believe we've already been in contact with off-planet beings - - - and restrictions may have been put on us.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Trump want's THAT privatized.
It was part of his platform.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Amazing...that some still believe we will make it to the stars when we spend Billions and Billions more on weapons research and hardly any on space exploration by comparison. And those priorities won't change, as the MIC calls the shots.

High tech weapons will kill us all before we even make it to Mars. Some fool will eventually feel the need to use those nukes/chem/bio nasties and it will be vaya con Dios, amigo.

War is a business and business is good....

Of course NASA will still exist but only as a platform to funnel tax dollars to private contractors for research in questionable projects.

Lofty pie in the sky dreams are fun but the reality is....it's about the money.

edit on 20-11-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justanotherman
a reply to: intrptr

I think it is pretty obvious for most ppl that their goals arent what they say they are.
Be it military, prestige or just cold hard cash (mining etc) does it really matter what they intend?
As long as the tech gets made, it will eventually flow into private hands and be used in other ways.

Even if we are just going out there to learn how to mine ... that's still a big win for the environment here on earth. Let's mine the crap out of asteroids or the moon or even mars instead of mining what's left of our own resources.

Is that some sort of problem?

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

Trump want's THAT privatized.
It was part of his platform.

Trump blows stuff out of his mouth.

Get back to me when something real and concrete actually happens regarding space exploration.

edit on 20-11-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Of course NASA will still exist but only as a platform to funnel tax dollars to private contractors for research in questionable projects.

Would be interesting to know exactly what NASA is today.

I don't think we'll ever know.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Would be interesting to know exactly what NASA is today.

I don't think we'll ever know.

Copy that...

N....never
A....A
S.....straight
A.....answer

imo....space weapons research from satellites is more important than space exploration from NASA. Killing each other will always take precedent.

edit on 20-11-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Our future is out there among the stars, not looking at stupid ice and polar bears

There's nothing more important that our planet's ability to sustain life.

And Trump won't send people to the moon because we never went in the first place and probably still can't do it.

Don't you think we or someone else would have done it again by now if it was possible?

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

Why?

If there is nothing to do there except jump around a dead landscape, then what's the point? Until and unless we mean to do something serious to it like set up a real base or send up robot miners or something, is there some pressing need to keep shooting up astronauts every four or five years just to prove we can?

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   
How about we send Trump to the darkside of the moon,
and the rest of the US, concentrates on paying its debts back?

Win Win ?

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: kloejen
How about we send Trump to the darkside of the moon,
and the rest of the US, concentrates on paying its debts back?

Win Win ?

I'm for that.

I'm very practical/logical and I still think Trump as president is a huge mistake.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Um... Everyone here knows that NASA isn't just about space right? NASA is all about earth science to help understand exoplanets. These things that are part of the "climate change budget" help us understand our planet to better inform us of others. The fact that they give useful information about our planet too is fantastic.

If GOP really gave a damn they would fund both. THEY DONT!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join