It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fashion designer Who's Into "Diversity" "Dresses" Michell O, Refuses to "Dress" Melania Trump

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Designer Sophie Theallet said a mouth full below. She celebrates diversity-individual freedom-and repect for all life styles. But she won't "dress" the new first lady.

Designer Sophie Theallet isn’t a fan of President-elect Donald Trump and has announced she’s refusing to dress the next first lady, Melania Trump.

“As one who celebrates and strives for diversity, individual freedom, and respect for all lifestyles, I will not participate in dressing or associating in any way with the next First Lady,” Theallet wrote in an open letter she posted to Twitter on Thursday. “The rhetoric of racism, sexism, and xenophobia unleashed by her husband’s presidential campaign are incompatible with the shared values we live by.”

She is currently Dressing Michelle O, but will "dress" not Melania T.

“As an immigrant in this country, I have been blessed with the opportunity to pursue my dreams in the USA,” she added. “Dressing the First Lady Michelle Obama for the past 8 years has been a highlight and an honor. She has contributed to having our name recognized and respected worldwide.”

Sophie Theallet is also calling on other designers to not assist in dressing Melania, I wonder if she was a relatively unknown designer if she would be so picky?

In addition to eliminating herself from the potential list of designers who may dress Trump during her tenure, Theallet is calling on all designers to join the boycott. “Integrity is our only true currency,” she wrote.

www.foxnews.com...
edit on 19-11-2016 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Whatever will Melania do. I bet she will be unable to get any clothes at all now.

You know, as someone who celebrates diversity, you would think she would volunteer so that she could put a bug in the first ladies ear. I guess hate Trumps all.

+7 more 
posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Yup - supports diversity unless you are white or have an opinion that differs from her own.

Tired of Control Freaks

link   
All hail diversity!

We're all different, so treat us the same, but differently, most of the time, but not always...

Without double standards, she wouldn't have any standards.

link   
a reply to: TiredofControlFreaks

BTW - isn't Melania an immigrant?

Tired of Control Freaks

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Notice that they post their "open letters" to as many people as possible, instead of quietly and respectfully declining. It's more to score political points than anything else.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Meh, Mrs T is hardly going to be struggling to find clothes after this announcement is she?

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=21548764]LesMisanthrope[/pos
If the designer is question was a small and little designer, she would be jumping to have the opportunity.

She can afford to have an opinion now.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Sophie Theallet is just of many who are taking a stand by boycotting the Trump's in one way or another.

DUMPING TRUMP Stores start ditching Ivanka Trump’s fashion line amid GrabYourWallet boycott over her dad’s sexist comments

And

Trump Boycott List: Companies Targeted by Trump Opponents & Supporters

Money is speech, and sometime silence, refusing to patronize, is the more powerful than words.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   
It's good that these hateful people are crawling out from under rocks and making themselves known. Millions of people will now know who to boycott. Alt-Left lunatics are a significant minority.

link   
I won't have any problem if she decide to go naked around

link   
Obviously of a different political view and they are expressing their right to free choice.

Melania will be fine, there will be plenty of right wing fashion designers who will will fit out her First Lady wardrobe.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978
Obviously of a different political view and they are expressing their right to free choice.

Melania will be fine, there will be plenty of right wing fashion designers who will will fit out her First Lady wardrobe.

It's great that you think that way. I agree with you.
Now let's give some support to the bakers that don't want to bake wedding cakes for gays.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Sophie Theallet sounds like an international bigot.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I dont have any issue with that..
Regardless of if I agree with her or not you have choices in America and she is making hers.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Good... Im sure Melania wont be heartbroken seeing how this little trollish bigot dressed Michelle frumpy half the time. Long live tolerance.. and lack of good taste in clothing.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

Bigotry and sexism are not political views.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: opethPA
I dont have any issue with that..
Regardless of if I agree with her or not you have choices in America and she is making hers.

It would be her personal choice if she wasn't calling on all designers to join the boycott.

As a fashion designer, I imagine she must have quite a collection of safety pins.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Sophie Toilet? Never heard of Her....

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978

It's great that you think that way. I agree with you.
Now let's give some support to the bakers that don't want to bake wedding cakes for gays.

Well they have my support if I'm honest, but I can also appreciate how the law has been interpreted. Political correctness is dividing us and those bakers and hoteliers are deemed as criminals for having religious beliefs that no longer fit with how society is being directed.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join