It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Fashion designer Who's Into "Diversity" "Dresses" Michell O, Refuses to "Dress" Melania Trump

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
OK, I guess if you go into business and decide that your clientele is going to be exclusively midgets wearing strap-ons. Then you ought to be able to do that, and if someday, one of your clientele comes in with the Pope, you ought to be able to say, "I am sorry, but you are not a midget wearing a strap-on. Please leave because we don't serve your kind here." to the Pontiff. He clearly isn't part of your clientele.

The question is ... would you?

Youre a sick, sick kitty-cat.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Advantage

Well I had to come up with an example clientele that would likely pass muster with most denizens as something not related to most of the hot button groups du jour.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Advantage

Well I had to come up with an example clientele that would likely pass muster with most denizens as something not related to most of the hot button groups du jour.

True.. saying leather queens at a bakery or somethin might trigger someone.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

does suck for the designer. In a year or so when Trump is killing it and more heafty portions of crow are served she will be one first lady short of a model for her ugly ass clothing no one will remember.

Melania can just wear her own clothing which will probably sell more, since we all know certain types of women boycotting it never actually wore it, OR COULD.

edit on 11 19 2016 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Melanie is a gorgeous woman who dresses beautifully and with class. I doubt very much she would even want Sophie's designs.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

originally posted by: windword

You don't know what you're talking about. Businesses have the right to refuse service to anyone for any or no reason, as long as that reason isn't race, religion, sex or disability, and to some degree, sexual orientation.

The designer is using her 1st Amendment right to protest Trump's rhetoric by refusing 1st Lady Melania Trump service, even though Melania never asked to be served. It's a public statement of repute.

The first amendment does not protect you from slandering someone.

www.business2community.com...

www.firstamendmentcenter.org...

The 1st Amendment only protects your free speech from government prosecution, fines, imprisonment or punishment, not from the consequences of others.

Trump can use his free speech too, like he did during the election, questionably calling out lots of people and media members he didn't like by name, targeting them maliciously.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Who cares, she can't have them.

Melania will be judged on whether or not her cloths are American made, if they come from Ivanka's knock off line, and a lot of designers won't work with her because there are a lot of people who will boycott them if they do.

Her's will be a tricky spot.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: windword
That is exactly what I said, there are perimeters, if you violate them, UT OH.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 06:30 PM
link   

But she hasn't violated any perimeters.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Paste my post where I said she was violating any laws. I didn't say she did violate any laws, she is just a hipocrit like all of us. But like most liberals, she can't and won't admit to it.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 07:04 PM
link   
me thinks Sophie Theallet flatters herself ,I doubt that melania would be caught dead in anything sophie designs.Melania can afford to dress in designs from the worlds most famous and successful designers.
Melania probably declined sophies offer to design clothes for her so now sophie is all butt hurt and is saying she would never design clothes for melania.
blah, who cares? seriously did anyone even know that someone named sophie theallet designed michelle obamas clothes?
edit on 19-11-2016 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   

she is just a hypocrite like all of us

What makes her a hypocrite? Is everyone that is offended, takes a stand and speaks out against Trump's own words, actions and campaign promises is a hypocrite?

Personally I admire and respect what's she's done, and I hope she gets tons of orders from liberal women. She dressed Michelle Obama, who is a role model. Melania Trump is not, she's trophy and a spectacle. Melania will dress accordingly. Many women will boycott any designer who dresses her.

edit on 19-11-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Michelle is way too fond of wearing wide belts that sort of eat up what waistline she has. It sort of tends to swallow up what figure she has and doesn't work at all well with her silhouette.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 08:07 PM
link   

I seriously doubt she's going to be flooded with orders from Liberals. The average person can't afford them, so she's just speaking to the wealthy.

www.farfetch.com...

SOPHIE THEALLET sheer marble effect blouse 1,174.57 €

Over $1100 for ONE blouse.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

I seriously doubt she's going to be flooded with orders from Liberals. The average person can't afford them, so she's just speaking to the wealthy.

Wealthy liberals. Don't be surprised if her business really takes off. Realistically tho, she's more likely to dress girls like Sasha and Malia, Katie Perry and Miley Cyrus, then Melania.

I do believe her public statement was a well thought out promotion, targeting a specific clientele.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Walmart to the rescue, they are not discriminating in any way.
And they are open on Thanksgiving.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Have you seen some of her designs? You'd have to pay me to wear them. LOL! I'm sure Melanie feels the same. As for people protesting against any designer who dresses Melanie...they might as well be children because that is how they would be acting. Melanie will have no problems whatsoever looking gorgeous and classy.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: spacedoubt
Walmart to the rescue, they are not discriminating in any way.
And they are open on Thanksgiving.

OMG, that cracked me up! Thanks, I needed a good laugh! LOL!

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Sophie Theallet's public refusal to dress Melania Trump has nothing to do with fashion. It's political statement. I don't think anyone is concerned that Melania won't be able to keep her Trophy Wife appearance.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Yes, it is a political statement and a childish one at that. In my opinion anyway.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join