It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump A.G. Selection Signals Hazy Future for Cannabis

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: RedDragon
You very likely might end up being a convicted felon soon.

Exactly. For one of the most harmless things one can choose to imbibe.
edit on 19-11-2016 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

People are allowed to get fall down drunk in their own homes as long as they don't bother anyone else, and the long term adverse effects of drinking are much worse than smoking pot. Yet, alcohol is legal, and marijuana will get you arrested. We live in upside down land.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: annoyedpharmacist

Pot is a gateway drug to corn dogs and hot pockets.

Just say no, dammit!

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

but, I LOVE corn dogs

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   

So you're breaking federal law.. and you're shocked that you're going to be treated as a criminal? You work in the marijuana industry -- you're a drug dealer. You very likely might end up being a convicted felon soon.

We prefer the term "undocumented pharmacist". Hey, it seems to work for other criminals.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: annoyedpharmacist

but, I LOVE corn dogs

Sure, and that is innocent enough.

But then it's chili dogs.

Then Coney Island dogs.

Finally you're found in a back alley mainlining Bavarian Sausages.

Dear god, when will it stop!

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 02:29 PM
link   

well played, well played

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   

I suddenly find myself very hungry.

2nd

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

So you're breaking federal law.. and you're shocked that you're going to be treated as a criminal? You work in the marijuana industry -- you're a drug dealer. You very likely might end up being a convicted felon soon.

We prefer the term "undocumented pharmacist". Hey, it seems to work for other criminals.

In a society where the laws of government are unjust, what's more honest than becoming a criminal?

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Let's hope Trump follows through on letting the States decide at this point and is logical enough to see the clear downfall on outlawing marijuana...it really is a waste of money and resources and a bad "business" decision. Regardless of his personal feelings, I hope he will respect the majority of Americans that want to see these outdated laws gone....he doesn't drink alcohol either...good for him...but he needs to represent the best interests of Freedom, and that shouldn't include restricting adults recreational behavior.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   
It needs to be legal on a federal level. It is so ridiculous that certain states can see the value in legalizing it but can't as a nation.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   

If there will be one , the New Head of the FDA and DEA along with Congress Legislate Federal Drug Policy , not the AG or even the President .

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Sessions wasn't appointed to AG to tackle drugs but to tackle corruption, hate crimes, and immigration.

Trump already stated that it's up to the states to decide.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: RainbowPhoenix

Basically, what I have a problem with is that people who are pro-cannabis seem hell-bent on making it into a super product that is super-awesome for everything.

It will solve all our budget problems, clothe the world, cure every illness, seems to be a health food, when you smoke it, the vapors it gives off are also apparently therapeutic, etc. Oh, and, according to you, if you don't smoke it, you must be sour and unhappy person.

I have a problem with the sense of perspective pro-marijuana people seem to have. Pro-marijuana folks are so pro-marijuana that they cannot seem to come up with anything bad about it. There is nothing at all bad about marijuana. In the eyes of the cannabis lobby, it will likely even bring about world peace!

Seriously, nothing, NOTHING, is that all good.

Now, I don't care if people want to smoke. I think all the ridiculous rules around tabacco are crap, but at least I know that tobacco has some pretty serious downsides, just like alcohol. And if you are wanting to keep your sense of perspective and have me take you at all seriously, then you will admit that marijuana also has its downsides just like they do.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

You very likely might end up being a convicted felon soon.

Exactly. For one of the most harmless things one can choose to imbibe.

Your opinion literally doesn't matter. As a convicted felon, you won't be able to vote.
edit on 11/19/16 by RedDragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: RainbowPhoenix

Basically, what I have a problem with is that people who are pro-cannabis seem hell-bent on making it into a super product that is super-awesome for everything.

It will solve all our budget problems, clothe the world, cure every illness, seems to be a health food, when you smoke it, the vapors it gives off are also apparently therapeutic, etc. Oh, and, according to you, if you don't smoke it, you must be sour and unhappy person.

I have a problem with the sense of perspective pro-marijuana people seem to have. Pro-marijuana folks are so pro-marijuana that they cannot seem to come up with anything bad about it. There is nothing at all bad about marijuana. In the eyes of the cannabis lobby, it will likely even bring about world peace!

Seriously, nothing, NOTHING, is that all good.

Now, I don't care if people want to smoke. I think all the ridiculous rules around tabacco are crap, but at least I know that tobacco has some pretty serious downsides, just like alcohol. And if you are wanting to keep your sense of perspective and have me take you at all seriously, then you will admit that marijuana also has its downsides just like they do.

Of course, everything has downsides. Eating too much sugar is worse than the downside of cannabis, as is eating fast food. It's just that the downside is so minuscule when compared to the benefits, health included. Not all routes of administration are the same, and juicing fresh cannabis is incredibly healthy and non psychoactive. There are even transdermal gel pens now so smoking it is obsolete, unless you choose that route.

If you actually look into what you're talking about, there really are 1001 uses for the cannabis plant. That's not hyperbole.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: RainbowPhoenix
His asinine comment that "people who smoke marijuana are not good people" is a blatant lie based on his own bought and paid for scripted opinion. At this point in history I can safely say that most of us know at least one person who uses cannabis and is healthier and happier for it on top of being a genuinely decent person. Most consumers of cannabis that I know are some of the most decent and genuinely sincere people I know. Far better than those that will steal from their own families or fail at their adult duties because they are strung out on opiates.

Safely say? Your experience is far different than mine, but I guess it depends on the neighborhood you're in. See, the people I've known have stolen and failed in their adult duties just like any other opiate user, and the ones who don't steal are hundreds of dollars in "debt" by borrowing from family and/or friends. I know a guy who just can't seem to eat unless he's been smoking and gets the munchies, and another guy who's started developing anxiety out of nowhere. But the one thing they all have in common is 10+ years of THC and they will tell you with a straight face that pot is perfectly fine and healthy.

It might be for people who actually benefit from it, but for everyone else its the same as abusing any other kind of medicine.
edit on 19-11-2016 by Wardaddy454 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Give a man a sack he is happy for a while.

Teach a man to grow live happily ever after.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

originally posted by: RainbowPhoenix
His asinine comment that "people who smoke marijuana are not good people" is a blatant lie based on his own bought and paid for scripted opinion. At this point in history I can safely say that most of us know at least one person who uses cannabis and is healthier and happier for it on top of being a genuinely decent person. Most consumers of cannabis that I know are some of the most decent and genuinely sincere people I know. Far better than those that will steal from their own families or fail at their adult duties because they are strung out on opiates.

Safely say? Your experience is far different than mine, but I guess it depends on the neighborhood you're in. See, the people I've known have stolen and failed in their adult duties just like any other opiate user, and the ones who don't steal are hundreds of dollars in "debt" by borrowing from family and/or friends. I know a guy who just can't seem to eat unless he's been smoking and gets the munchies, and another guy who's started developing anxiety out of nowhere. But the one thing they all have in common is 10+ years of THC and they will tell you with a straight face that pot is perfectly fine and healthy.

It might be fore people who actually benefit from it, but for everyone else its the same as abusing any other kind of medicine.

My experience is completely different from yours as well. I see hundreds of people every day who go to work, work hard, some even own large companies who are cannabis users. The stereotype of a cannabis user as a "druggie loser" is just that, a stereotype.

Come to where it's legal and meet everyone shopping at the stores everyday. It'd be an eye opening experience.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   

I have tried to look into it, but since most of the sites that present it positively sell it to me like used car salesmen sell the lemon on the lot ... it's hard to know.

Realistically speaking, there isn't much actual research on the subject that isn't biased either in one direction or the other. That makes it hard to know for sure.

But honestly, I could care less if you want to smoke your life away. My concern is that I don't want to have to support you in the social safety net if it turns out the Pollyana version of pot isn't as benign as advertised for you same as I don't want to support alcoholics or meth heads.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join