It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Trump A.G. Selection Signals Hazy Future for Cannabis

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: underwerks

It's hard to say at this moment what will happen, so I agree with your uncertainty. It is something to keep an eye on.

Flip flops aren't just something Trump wears while eating a Taco bowl by his enormous swimming pool.

I spat out my coffee at that one. Very good.

This news disappoints me. My girlfriend has PCOS and has severe pain in her stomach region (she's not overweight probably underweight honestly, we don't drink, no cigarettes, she's young) and she's prescribed Codeiene and another painkiller that I don't remember the name of and she absolutely insists that cannabinoids (no psychoactive substances, no "high" whatsoever) are much more effective and don't leave her feeling strung out like the prescribed medication does. She stopped taking her medication and in place the CBD pills and she swears that there is a difference between the two.

And good ol' Uncle Sam and the "small government," fools come swooping - again - to say that "no, you can't do that with our resources, on your own time, in your own home, with your own body," because it's for "YOUR" safety.

The legalization of cannabis has always been an important issue to me basically due to it being one of the largest middle fingers to us Americans basic civil rights and choices we should be allowed to be make as we please. "Responsible adults," are "legally allowed," to drive out to bars - that's entire purpose exists to consume alcohol, and we never hear about drunk driving "accidents," and the real addiction to alcohol - but disregard all of this because:

"Good people don't smoke marijuana," and then he goes on to mention something about lady gaga (who gives a # about these sorts of "people").... this is a joke.

This is not "making America great again," this is a giant LEAP backwards for a legal industry that profits and gives that profit back to the people in something the people are asking for.

I'm not expecting anyone (especially Trump) to overturn any federal laws regarding this, but this is a joke. The movement for legalization has made historic grounds for "we the people," and here comes the government to take a piss all over it.

Sometimes I wonder what the end game to all of this is.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: RainbowPhoenix

Basically, what I have a problem with is that people who are pro-cannabis seem hell-bent on making it into a super product that is super-awesome for everything.

It will solve all our budget problems, clothe the world, cure every illness, seems to be a health food, when you smoke it, the vapors it gives off are also apparently therapeutic, etc. Oh, and, according to you, if you don't smoke it, you must be sour and unhappy person.

I have a problem with the sense of perspective pro-marijuana people seem to have. Pro-marijuana folks are so pro-marijuana that they cannot seem to come up with anything bad about it. There is nothing at all bad about marijuana. In the eyes of the cannabis lobby, it will likely even bring about world peace!

Seriously, nothing, NOTHING, is that all good.

Now, I don't care if people want to smoke. I think all the ridiculous rules around tabacco are crap, but at least I know that tobacco has some pretty serious downsides, just like alcohol. And if you are wanting to keep your sense of perspective and have me take you at all seriously, then you will admit that marijuana also has its downsides just like they do.

I wouldn't even want to begin to attempt dissecting that mess of a logical fallacy you maliciously built up only to tear back down to prove a "point."

Do you understand anything about cannabis? Do you understand what hemp is, or what a cannabinoid(s) is/are? Do you understand the biological make-up of this and how different strains are associated with different illnesses and pains?

Some people do actually use it as a medicine.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 08:09 PM
link   

It may not last much longer under a Trump admin.
Consumption of weed will never be impacted by any individual or group of individuals - the fact that with the right acumen & personality you can get weed in any country on the planet means that it's importance it vastly superior to any individuals' stance on it.

To put it another way, laws can be rehashed and amplified to the detriment of the plants possession, but it will not stop current users from partaking - it will simply drive it further underground - these are the facts as I see them.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

originally posted by: underwerks

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

originally posted by: RainbowPhoenix
His asinine comment that "people who smoke marijuana are not good people" is a blatant lie based on his own bought and paid for scripted opinion. At this point in history I can safely say that most of us know at least one person who uses cannabis and is healthier and happier for it on top of being a genuinely decent person. Most consumers of cannabis that I know are some of the most decent and genuinely sincere people I know. Far better than those that will steal from their own families or fail at their adult duties because they are strung out on opiates.

Safely say? Your experience is far different than mine, but I guess it depends on the neighborhood you're in. See, the people I've known have stolen and failed in their adult duties just like any other opiate user, and the ones who don't steal are hundreds of dollars in "debt" by borrowing from family and/or friends. I know a guy who just can't seem to eat unless he's been smoking and gets the munchies, and another guy who's started developing anxiety out of nowhere. But the one thing they all have in common is 10+ years of THC and they will tell you with a straight face that pot is perfectly fine and healthy.

It might be fore people who actually benefit from it, but for everyone else its the same as abusing any other kind of medicine.

My experience is completely different from yours as well. I see hundreds of people every day who go to work, work hard, some even own large companies who are cannabis users. The stereotype of a cannabis user as a "druggie loser" is just that, a stereotype.

Come to where it's legal and meet everyone shopping at the stores everyday. It'd be an eye opening experience.

I am where its legal lol.

Then you should already know.

Like I said, it must be about the kind of neighborhood you live in.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Your fellow Washingtonian is also concerned about this. But Sessions is only a possibility, not a certainty. I think Trump is trying to shuffle through people more than anything, because he is just now realizing how over his head he is.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

It may not last much longer under a Trump admin.
Consumption of weed will never be impacted by any individual or group of individuals - the fact that with the right acumen & personality you can get weed in any country on the planet means that it's importance it vastly superior to any individuals' stance on it.

To put it another way, laws can be rehashed and amplified to the detriment of the plants possession, but it will not stop current users from partaking - it will simply drive it further underground - these are the facts as I see them.

It has nothing to do with the ease of consumption, it has to do with the legal consequences and the impact on society of it being illegal.

When you drive something underground you pump money into criminals hands and enable all kinds of gangsterism. When its all above ground, communities benefit from it.

Not only financially, but by its members not being locked in a cage the taxpayer has to pay for because they had a plant in their pocket.

100 years of misinformation is hard to break.
edit on 19-11-2016 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

Time will tell if this new administration of "smaller government" and "states' rights" means what it says. But, I think easing up on Marijuana laws will put a wrench in their intended expansion of private prisons. They can always look forward to criminalizing protest and free speech to fill those prisons I guess.

Washington senator to introduce bill that would criminalize protests

Protests?? Is that that new word for riots? ( ..eyes rolling.. )

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 10:05 PM
link   
In my neck of the woods,you can have up to 25 plants for your own personal use.Well guess what.Some people get greedy and have 100-200 plants and that's when bad things happen.People get robbed,shot,beaten down,etc.IMHO,that's why I partly believe the Feds keep it illegal so they can swoop in and take care of the mess.Now that it is legal in #Calexit,who knows what is going to happen.I did vote for legalization,by the way.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 10:24 PM
link   
It's funny how Trump can say he grabs Women by the Pussies and that's fine with the Conservative Christian Right.

If Trump say's he went home and downed a couple of Bongs to relax after a stressful day, that would be unacceptable with the Conservative Christian Right.

Grabbing a Pussy = OK
Grabbing a Bong = Not OK

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Now2016

If Trump say's he went home and downed a couple of Bongs to relax after a stressful day, that would be unacceptable with the Conservative Christian Right.

Mr. Trump does not Drink Alcohol , Smoke Marijuana or Tobacco , or Abuse Prescription Drugs . Guess you have to Rethink that Argument Now .

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Well in California,all you need is to be over 21,18 thru 20 need a doctor's rec,so far no problem's just street slingers buisness has slowed

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 02:43 AM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow

Rioting is already illegal.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Trump and his AG are not the future of the U.S. They are the past they haven't accepted yet. No matter what happens with Trump, none of the backward ideas will take hold. This is the alt right's last stand.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 04:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: RainbowPhoenix

Basically, what I have a problem with is that people who are pro-cannabis seem hell-bent on making it into a super product that is super-awesome for everything.

It is super-awesome. But, um, you do realize that pro-cannabis people did not create cannabis and do not make it, right? Cannabis comes from nature. God made it a super-awesome product.

It will solve all our budget problems, clothe the world, cure every illness, seems to be a health food, when you smoke it, the vapors it gives off are also apparently therapeutic, etc.

Have you done any real research on cannabis/hemp? At all??? All of the above is true -- to a great extent. You do realize the great societal costs that any black market incurs, right? There is no denying that the war on (people who use) drugs is quite expensive, right? Do you also understand that hemp fabrics run the gamut from coarse burlap to fine silky fabrics? (With far less damage to the environment than cotton or even flax, both of which are very chemically heavy crops) And while it may not "cure every illness" in the sense that we normally think of pharmaceuticals, the cannabinoids play a direct role in stimulating our own body's immune systems via very specific cannabinoid receptors... so, yes, it does in fact help the body heal from just about anything and everything. And this doesn't even include the therapeutic value of THC. And it doesn't just "seem" to be a health food, it IS a health food. For one thing, it has the best ratio of Omega 3s, 6s, and 9s. It is also a great source of protein. You know what proteins are, right? They are a catalyst for many essential bodily functions. We can't live without them.

I have a problem with the sense of perspective pro-marijuana people seem to have. Pro-marijuana folks are so pro-marijuana that they cannot seem to come up with anything bad about it. There is nothing at all bad about marijuana. In the eyes of the cannabis lobby, it will likely even bring about world peace!

Seriously, nothing, NOTHING, is that all good.

Well, of course nothing is perfect... but I don't think it's the pro-cannabis folks who have lost their sense of perspective. Everything you mocked above is absolutely true... and greatly benefits everyone! And the vast majority of adults understand that there are downsides to EVERYTHING, and that ANYTHING can be abused or mis-used or over-used, etc. Reasonable minds take reasonable precautions for reasonable risks. They don't throw the baby out with the bathwater.

Now, I don't care if people want to smoke. I think all the ridiculous rules around tabacco are crap, but at least I know that tobacco has some pretty serious downsides, just like alcohol. And if you are wanting to keep your sense of perspective and have me take you at all seriously, then you will admit that marijuana also has its downsides just like they do.

As noted above, everything -- including cannabis -- has its downsides. (Although you did not mention even one) That's just how it is. None of which warrants the government using color of law and the barrel of a gun to criminalize the use of a gift from God and nature. Government has no right or power or authority to deny the people the fruits of the earth, granted by nature and Nature's God. Especially those that heal and nurture the human condition.

So I can absolutely state with no reservations that none of the downsides of cannabis -- not even one -- is more harmful than a government that would withhold medicine from folks that are suffering and even dying. Nothing is worse than that. Not even the pharmaceutical corps that would exploit Big Brother's heavy hand for their own green and avarice -- because they couldn't do it without the government acting first.
edit on 20-11-2016 by Boadicea because: formatting

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Greetings-

I know this guy that broke His back/neck at work and after doing physical therapy for 19 months and seeing 7 different surgeons, He finally resorted to opiates in 2004. He is on the same exact dose as when He started, which He said puts Him into a 2% of opiate users that don't increase their dosages. He claims that this is due to also using a strain of Cannabis that is grown w/pain reliving properties grown right in..

I thought I'd just throw this into the works.
I hope Your brother's health has continued to improve.

Asante

Stay Hydrated...

namaste

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 04:33 AM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

I'm very glad you threw that into the mix. One of the best things happening right now is the hybridizing of different cannabis strains with specific qualities for specific ailments. As well as the terpenes, which also promote certain healing qualities. They have also been able to focus more on strains with less negative side effects -- like sleepiness and confusion -- and more positive side effects, like creativity and energy.

It's pretty amazing what's happening in the industry now.

And thanks for asking after my brother. He's doing pretty good, but he moved up to Oregon where he got a better job, so I don't get to see him these days. I wrote out everything you told him and sent it with him. I'm hoping he's still taking care of himself. He sounds pretty good and I know he's happy to be working again. Thank you -- again!!!

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Honest thing is pot is less destructive than drinking, and impairs the user less than alcohol. Pot was legal in the past, but some company that made fiber and paper products didn't want hemp getting into their business. I know this for a fact because one of the companies I worked for had this in their company history book that was passed out to all employees. That company was Kimberly-Clark, maker of Kleenex. They lobbied against allowing pot to remain legalized and also supported hemp use made illegal too.

I hope Trumps administration does legalize pot for the nation.

Heck, the Constitution is printed on Hemp paper.
edit on 22-11-2016 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
a reply to: JimNasium

I'm very glad you threw that into the mix. One of the best things happening right now is the hybridizing of different cannabis strains with specific qualities for specific ailments. As well as the terpenes, which also promote certain healing qualities. They have also been able to focus more on strains with less negative side effects -- like sleepiness and confusion -- and more positive side effects, like creativity and energy.

It's pretty amazing what's happening in the industry now.

And thanks for asking after my brother. He's doing pretty good, but he moved up to Oregon where he got a better job, so I don't get to see him these days. I wrote out everything you told him and sent it with him. I'm hoping he's still taking care of himself. He sounds pretty good and I know he's happy to be working again. Thank you -- again!!!

What strains are meant for Creativty and energy?

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: thepixelpusher

I couldn't tell you any specific strains, but if I remember correctly, they are among the sativa strains (as opposed to the indica strains, which contain higher THC and lower amounts of other cannabinoids like CBDs and CBGs).

Leafly.com has information on particular strains. I don't remember if you can search by qualities though, or if you have to search each strain. I found a couple links that might help:

(Leafly) Strains That Make You Creative

(Suntimes) Eight Marijuana Strains for Boosting Energy and Productivity

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Thanks for the links. I do hope Trumps people realize that in many states there are potential for people to use Marijuana in a medicinal way from seizures to blood pressure and for relaxation. I think the days of prohibition on Marijuana should end.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join